FAQ about the Disney Dining Plan

If I order my meal, but do not get dessert, can I order it later?
No. Once your ticket has been processed, you loose that credit.

Great info , just wanted to add in here that on 3 different occasions with my COUNTER SERVICE meals I had my ticket stamped and was able to come back later and get my dessert. I never tried it with table service though because we mostly did buffets.

Also we ate at Ohana and for the dessert I got Chocolate Mousse, DH got an ice cream bowl, MIL got creme brulee' and FIL got cheesecake. DD4 got a sand bucket with a HUGE icee in it. We were served the pineapple with dipping sauce before they brought our dessert though.

Snacks were basically anything under 2.50 from what I could gather which is a soda, water, popcorn, ice cream bar, popsicle bar, ice cream sandwich, fresh fruit, or chips.

From what I was told you can only get your snacks from the little walk up stands or the roll cart type stands.. That may be wrong but that is what they told me at check-in.

For those interested in the snacks, page 3 of the MYW Plus Dining brochure lists them as:

• frozen ice-cream novelty, popsicle or fruit bar
  • popcorn scoop (single serving box)
  • single piece of whole fruit
  • single serving Grab Bag of Frito-Lay's chips
  • 20 oz. bottle of Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite or 24 oz. Dasani Water
  • medium fountain soft drink or apple juice

This list is subject to change, as are locations and other components of the plan - be sure to check the brochure periodically.

Some CMs may interpret additional items as eligible snacks - so if this happens, be grateful! :goodvibes

Also, the brochure also lists the locations where you can get the snacks - most counter service locations, food courts and most snack carts selling frozen ice-cream novelties, popcorn, or Coca-Cola products. Of course, different locations might not have every item listed (for example: they might not have fruit available at some snack carts). Also, some counter service locations might have some items you would think would be a snack, but they might not let you get say a pastry instead of one of the officially listed snacks. Again, some CMs might.

Hope this helps!

:wave: I have updated the FAQ with most of the questions and answers I have seen so far. Keep them coming.....

My husband is happy that this thread is keeping me out of his hair. :rotfl2: I have been driving him crazy with all my planning.

Does anyone know if you don't use the child TS credit, can you use it as an adult TS credit? I have a 3 year old who doesn't eat much and could share at a TS with me or DH or DS9. If it is possible to save all of DS3's credits for CS and TS it would give us more meals to use for breakfast, etc. I wasn't sure if it is just a complete total of xTS and xCS and xSnacks or is it XTS adult, XTS Child, xCS adult, XCS child. If anyone has info - it would be greatly appreciated.

All of your credits go into one account and you can use them in any manner you would like. It seems too good to be true, doesn't it?

happygirlagain said:
Does anyone know if you don't use the child TS credit, can you use it as an adult TS credit? I have a 3 year old who doesn't eat much and could share at a TS with me or DH or DS9. If it is possible to save all of DS3's credits for CS and TS it would give us more meals to use for breakfast, etc. I wasn't sure if it is just a complete total of xTS and xCS and xSnacks or is it XTS adult, XTS Child, xCS adult, XCS child. If anyone has info - it would be greatly appreciated.
:scratchin :rotfl:

Sorry, couldn't resist.

happygirlagain said:

That is one way to get a bigger bang for your buck. It has been reported that you are allocated the number of TS, CS, and snacks. It does not break out if they are for children or adults. We plan to save a few of my child's CS meals to use for breakfast. Her and I will either share, or we will pay out of pocket. :banana:

All Of Your Ts, Cs And Snack Credits Go Into 1 Big Pool So I Guess My Question Is My Son Is 9 And Big For His Age, My Questions Is How Would They Be Able To Tell If He Should Order Off Of The Adult Or Children Menus

myronlynn said:
All Of Your Ts, Cs And Snack Credits Go Into 1 Big Pool So I Guess My Question Is My Son Is 9 And Big For His Age, My Questions Is How Would They Be Able To Tell If He Should Order Off Of The Adult Or Children Menus

I guess they can not. It is just like whether or not you pay for a child or adult ticket. They hope most will be honest. That is not meant to be judgemental. If your son eats from the child or adult menu I think is up to you.

Wow, glad someone explained that kids credits can be used as adults. Cali Grill here I come :banana:

Someone on another post described the back of the meal ticket as having different codes, one for adults one for kids. I haven't been there yet so I can't confirm this. Anyone else know if this is true? On the other hand, according to several posts even if the child is supposed to order from the kids menu, supposedly they can still order an appetizer from the regular menu as that would be part of the TS deal. Again, no first hand knowledge here.

From what you all have said, I understand that you can pay cash for your child and use the credit later. However, what I want to know is can a parent and a child share one TS dining credit? (I'm NOT including buffets and family-style dining in this scenario, of course.) I know that, when paying cash, you can split menu items intended to feed one person (appetizers, entrees, etc.) We've done it before at WDW and were never told no. What I don't know is if they'll allow it with the dining plan.

If this is possible, then we could share a TS credit at least 3 days and then have 3 additional TS credits for use at either a dinner show or another 2-credit meal. I KNOW there is PLENTY of food in a single serving to feed DD and I -- and we'll still feel STUFFED!!

We were there from May 4-10 and everything was pooled into one account. For our counter service meals, we had our DD5 and DS4 split an adult meal and that gave us extra credits that we used for breakfast on a couple of days. You could pay out of pocket for a table service kids meal if you wanted to save some TS credits for another day. You could also share with your child b/c you use your credits however and whenever you like. However, you can't share at a character meal since you are also paying for the experience. You could pay out of pocket for the childs character meal though. We were extremely pleased with the dining plan since we payed $90 for the plan for the four of us at and every TS meal it had came to about $90. It was like getting CS and snacks for free. It was awesome and way too much food...

I understand that children aged 3-9 must participate in the dining plan - but can you purchase the dining plan for a 2+year old? Or is it only available if the child is at least 3 years old? Anyone tried to purchase the plan for a child under 3?

Hi all - hope someone can answer this. If I want to go to Hoop De Doo using my MYW plan (2 credits per person), what happens when I call to reserve since it is now a pre paid dinner? Do they charge me the price in full and then credit it back when I go? (similar to the CRT depost) I wanted to find out before I called so if I had to put this on my cc I would be prepared.

Thanks in advance.

I was just wondering if you can use your DDE at the McD's in DTD? anyone know?

also, when it says "one single serving non-alcoholic beverage", do they just mean shakes, etc? you can still get refills on your soda's, right?

thanks in advance!

Everyone seems to say that they pool the meals (XCS, XTS, XSnacks) on your card. We will be 2 adults, 1 child (7) and 1 "baby" (2.5). And we're staying for 4 nights so we'll have 12 CS, 12 TS and 12 Snacks between us.

Now the information about the program specifically states that a child MUST order from the kids menu if there is one. I can understand this at a TS meal...I mean, they can see that he's a child. But I guess when you go to a CS meal, how would they know one of your people is a child if you don't bring him/her to the counter. I'm not looking to save any of DS's meal credits to do a 2 credit meal (we'll do Cali Grill another time) but I also have to feed DS2 using food off our meals as well. If I can redeem DS1's CS credit for an adult meal, then between the 3 of us, there will be enough food for everyone. I might also want to save a CS (each of us share w/ 1 DS) and use it for bkfst on one of the days.

I know this sounds confusing, but what are people finding when they do meals re: kids menu v. adult? Is enforcement more at TS than CS?

We're leaving in under 28 days so I'm anxious to have some definitive answers.

Thanks!

janets said:
Everyone seems to say that they pool the meals (XCS, XTS, XSnacks) on your card. We will be 2 adults, 1 child (7) and 1 "baby" (2.5). And we're staying for 4 nights so we'll have 12 CS, 12 TS and 12 Snacks between us.

Now the information about the program specifically states that a child MUST order from the kids menu if there is one. I can understand this at a TS meal...I mean, they can see that he's a child. But I guess when you go to a CS meal, how would they know one of your people is a child if you don't bring him/her to the counter. I'm not looking to save any of DS's meal credits to do a 2 credit meal (we'll do Cali Grill another time) but I also have to feed DS2 using food off our meals as well. If I can redeem DS1's CS credit for an adult meal, then between the 3 of us, there will be enough food for everyone. I might also want to save a CS (each of us share w/ 1 DS) and use it for bkfst on one of the days.

I know this sounds confusing, but what are people finding when they do meals re: kids menu v. adult? Is enforcement more at TS than CS?

We're leaving in under 28 days so I'm anxious to have some definitive answers.

Thanks!

Hi. I commented on this earlier that this is how we used our meals. We ordered any CS that we wanted for our DD5 and DS4 and had them share with each other or share with us. With our extra CS meals we ordered breakfast a couple of times. It worked out fine. The CM didn't seem to care what you ordered. If you want to save some TS credits you can pay out of pocket for you kids. Hope this helps.

and asked the CM about the way the meals are put on the ticket.

As everyone seems to say, they pool all the meals together. I guess the only way that it makes a difference is if your child is sitting at the table with you for the TS meal. Then they will have to order off the kids menu (unless the server allows for something else, I would imagine). I'm planning on asking our servers exactly what we can order and what is included before ordering anything.

As for breakfast, DH can bring along some Slim Fast bars, and I'm hoping to have a collapsable cooler to keep some juice and cheese sticks for the little one. I can skip or have a piece of fruit and ds1 is not a breakfast eater but I'll have to give him something or he'll never make it til lunch. Might share a few lunches so we can get 1 bkfst to share.

Thanks for the tips on making the most of the dining plan. We leave in 25 days so I'll be sure to keep track of all my receipts and post upon return to help out any future travellers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter