Fantasy Deck 10 - is it really that bad??

We were on the Dream in 10656 and loved it. Never heard noise from above, just some rumbling when docking. It was always time to get up then anyway.

the convenience of being 1 quick flight up from Cabanas, the pool, beverage station, etc far outweigh any minor noise.

We loved our being in 10166 on the Dream! I would be in it again in Nov except we let our cousin's have it since we couldn't get another cabin next door for our DD and DSIL so we're one floor down.

We stayed in 10648 on the dream and loved!! We also experienced the rumble when docking but it was kind of a gentle wake up and we would run out and watch as we docked :) We honestly didnt hear anything. We really want to upgrade to a family suite but dont want to leave this location. We loved how our door opened into the elevator area. It made it feel much more open when leaving our room . Also very convenient to grab a quick bite for the room from cabanas. I do with it was closer to the spa so i have thought of booking foward. The other thing i though about do i want people above me with 3 little kids that ump all night or some scheduled noise. We really didnt hear much if any though. Its seems people under the pools decks are not happy and people under cabanas love it :upsidedow

We stayed in 10152 on the Fantasy last year. It's an aft stateroom just beneath Cabana's (the buffet). I would think that if there would be a noisy stateroom on deck 10, it would be the ones under the buffet. But noise was never an issue. I think we might have heard a chair being moved once or twice, but it was no worse than any other random noise we've heard on lower decks on previous sailings. Relax and get excited!

tinkerbell 766 said:
We take our first cruise in June aboard the Fantasy. We have been assigned a stateroom on deck 10 (10618).
I have been avidly reading these cruise boards and, thus far, have not heard anybody say anything positive about staterooms on deck 10 :(
I read that you can get a fair amount of noise from the deck above. When is this at it's worst? I can't imagine it will be overnight or that it would trouble us during the day, as we will most likely to be away from our cabin, and enjoying the ship or the ports of call. If it is early morning I think we will cope, as my husband and son are both heavy sleepers and early risers. I am probably the only one who may be troubled by early morning noise.
The other main complaint I read about deck 10 is the veranda overhang. I see us using our veranda mostly in the morning (for enjoying the coffee delivered in the vacuum jug the night before - see I am reading all the tips ;)) and maybe during 'getting changed for dinner time'. Will the overhang be a real problem?
I was quite happy with our stateroom assignment until I started reading about all this, now I am not so sure!!!
Has anybody got anything good to say about deck 10 or is it really that bad?

We had 10144 on Dream and have booked 10574 for a back to back on the Dream again so we like deck 10 :)
Steph

We stayed in 10544 two weeks ago; there was minimal noise at various points in the day. No worse than other floors IMO, but this was under the adult pool area.

However I would never book deck 10 again for one reason - the verandah view. The overhang ruined the view for us - we both love photography and it was almost impossible to shoot without the overhang. It was fine for sitting and reading on. Just not for photography.

Keep in mind of the limited veranda partition door availability with deck 10 cabins on the Dream and Fantasy along the sides of the ship.
Not all verandas will connect unlike other decks.
Only every pair connect. Every two cabins there is a structural wall supporting deck 11 overhang with no door. You can almost see it in photos. This is also the case for cabins that connect. Some connecting cabins do not have verandas that connect. Some cabins that do not connect have connecting verandas. Of course there are connecting cabins with connecting balconies.

We can only hope DCL is building their database to reflect this design.
Although it was only a few months ago of reports that DCL is still not entirely informed of theses constraints.
Perhaps I found a new project. ;)

Be careful booking more than one cabin on deck 10 if you desire a veranda connection.

Hope this can save some frustration and allow for a double wide at least. :thumbsup2

tinkerbell 766 said:
We take our first cruise in June aboard the Fantasy. We have been assigned a stateroom on deck 10 (10618).
I have been avidly reading these cruise boards and, thus far, have not heard anybody say anything positive about staterooms on deck 10 :(
I read that you can get a fair amount of noise from the deck above. When is this at it's worst? I can't imagine it will be overnight or that it would trouble us during the day, as we will most likely to be away from our cabin, and enjoying the ship or the ports of call. If it is early morning I think we will cope, as my husband and son are both heavy sleepers and early risers. I am probably the only one who may be troubled by early morning noise.
The other main complaint I read about deck 10 is the veranda overhang. I see us using our veranda mostly in the morning (for enjoying the coffee delivered in the vacuum jug the night before - see I am reading all the tips ;)) and maybe during 'getting changed for dinner time'. Will the overhang be a real problem?
I was quite happy with our stateroom assignment until I started reading about all this, now I am not so sure!!!
Has anybody got anything good to say about deck 10 or is it really that bad?

I've stayed on deck 10 really wasn't that bad unless you're a light sleeper

We stayed in 10544 two weeks ago; there was minimal noise at various points in the day. No worse than other floors IMO, but this was under the adult pool area.

However I would never book deck 10 again for one reason - the verandah view. The overhang ruined the view for us - we both love photography and it was almost impossible to shoot without the overhang. It was fine for sitting and reading on. Just not for photography.

Totally agree! I was so looking forward to our verandah and so disappointed when I got out there. Felt I had to duck to see the sky. Never again.

Totally agree! I was so looking forward to our verandah and so disappointed when I got out there. Felt I had to duck to see the sky. Never again.

Exactly. It was our first verandah too. Next cruise we had a verandah but after this experience we are going to save the money and we downgraded to an OV.

Photo link from deck 10 port side veranda cabin 10076 slightly forward of midship looking aft, courtesy of diser "ljm23".
There are other elusive photos out there. :confused3
This photo also shows the non-operable balcony partitions well.(and welds :lmao:)

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=39888417&postcount=4

Keep in mind of the bump outs on 11 fore and aft that will increase this overhang depth.
Also there are support beams on the aft bump that will be in view for those located near/under bumps. 2 supports on the Dream, 3 on the Fantasy.
I guess they learned three is better than two. Makes me wonder about sitting by the windows on the bump in Cabanas on the Dream. :scratchin

Photos of Dream bump supports and another couple angles of the overhang courtesy of diser "jfs9900".

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u173/rsx78400/Disney Dream/outside2.jpg

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u173/rsx78400/Disney Dream/outside1.jpg

This last link you can again notice how it's every two cabins on 10 with a thicker wall between verandas.

Also there is no skinnage on 10 to interfere with the view. Those vertical outer panels every 6 cabins that "jfs9900 disliked. They stop at deck 9.

Of course sailing the Caribbean in August it might be nice for some to have all these shade options, as long as you don't need three balconies that connect.

ETA; 6 adjoining cabin verandas directly under the aft bump don't connect.

Here is a video that shows the overhang. Jump to 3:35.
http://quassmedia.com/cruisevids/?p=1755
Perhaps the stateroom host will open the hatch in the fixed partitions for the kids to pass through. :lmao:

Is the overhang as bad on the classic ships? I agree that blocking the sky like this would really bother me

Is the overhang as bad on the classic ships? I agree that blocking the sky like this would really bother me

the overhang on the Fantasy and Dream are a lot worse than the other two ships.

However, it blocks the direct sun for most of the day and keeps the balcony relatively dry during rain.

If you look out toward the horizon you will be able to see a nice view and stars at night. You will just be able to look directly up. We often would be up on deck 12 at night to see the whole view. And, you should be getting more space on the inside of the ship.

If you look at the design of the ship available on DisneyCruise.com you can see what is directly above you or below you. In the late evening before around 11pm, they are up on deck cleaning and moving chairs. In the early morning around 6:00-6:30 you can hear them moving chairs. If you under anything other than the open deck are on deck 10, you should hear little noice. I loved being underneath the spa area. Very quiet.

We wre on deck 10 AFT on the Fantasy in November and loved it!!

No extra noise that we noticed.

We liked the overhang because when it rained it blocked the rain so the balcony was still usuable and also it blocked the hot heat of the sun on the balcony. It is high enough it never obstructed the view.

Last week we booked The Dream for the end of this month and we requested deck 10.

Kathy

I agree we loved deck 10! WE requested the same room 10648 for our next cruise on the fantasy.We were wanting to upgrade to family suite but it seems most of them have noise issues. We were in 10648 and loved our room and location with the door opening to the elevator area. We didnt have much noise in our room or we ust passed it off as ship noises. I may bring a sleep noise machine next time incase. We even had the extra wide overhang and it didnt bother us really but I have nothing to compare it was out first cruise. What rooms did you stay in that you were happy with? I was thinking about moving forward so we would be under the spa but that is very far from cabanas also. Also how was the weather and the water in NOV? WE are doing eastern Nov 16 on the fantasy. Ahhh the hard decisions :rotfl:

We've had deck 10 for Fantasy and Dream cruises, only time we had noise problems was when we were under the 11th floor concierge rooms. There are some occasional morning rumbles when workers are prepping the decks in the areas of 10 that are under the open decks, but never woke up my kids or DH.

We'll be doing deck 10 this time on the Fantasy but we did deck 8 on the Wonder last time. Same thing. I was in our cabin almost the entire cruise (long story), so MY experience on MY cruise was the noise wasn't great but it was almost all during the daytime. We were under the pool area where a LOT of tables and chairs get moved. While it was a little annoying at times, it never ever kept any of us from sleeping or relaxing. Thusly why we didn't blink at doing the top cabin deck again. This time we'll be under the ice cream station so I expect some noise again.

we were in room 10120 on the fantasy. I could here chairs being moved around sometimes late at night or early in the morning but it didnt bother us at all

disney honeymooners said:
We have sailed Deck 10 on the Dream twice and loved it and we are doing the same on the Fantasy this September. :woohoo: We never really noticed the noise it was in the morning but i was either completely gone (asleep) or already awake so it didn't bother me and it did not bother DH at all(HEAVY SLEEPER!!)

That's great to hear! I have been stressing about this cabin since I said yes to it, lol... We are in 10572 on the fantasy this sep...before I booked this cabin from my TA I didn't realize:
1- it is noisy because of deck 11
2- it is directly across from the public laundry
3- it has that overhang balcony view

However, it seems to have some pro's:
1- unobstructed view down to the water (between the life boats)
2- nice size room being that its a 4A
3- only one flight of stairs up to funnel vision, cabanas, etc ( I think this is a pro?)

Now are any of these things vacation breakers for me--nope. Should I stop worrying about it and just be thankful I'm on a disney cruise vacation? Yep, probably lol. Do I still consider calling my TA and changing, yes!! UGH! I'm a disaster lol:). I did put our name on the wait list for a cat V, but I think that wait list is imaginary;) seriously, has anyone ever had success with this?

There was only one cat 4a on deck 9 avail last time I checked... I looked up info about deck 9 and then realized you have to contend with that small verandah obstruction... LOL--- I think it will be something no matter where you are:).

I give up-- 10572 it is, lol!! Besides, not planning on spending much time in there anyway:)

That's great to hear! I have been stressing about this cabin since I said yes to it, lol... We are in 10572 on the fantasy this sep...before I booked this cabin from my TA I didn't realize:
1- it is noisy because of deck 11
2- it is directly across from the public laundry
3- it has that overhang balcony view

However, it seems to have some pro's:
1- unobstructed view down to the water (between the life boats)
2- nice size room being that its a 4A
3- only one flight of stairs up to funnel vision, cabanas, etc ( I think this is a pro?)

Now are any of these things vacation breakers for me--nope. Should I stop worrying about it and just be thankful I'm on a disney cruise vacation? Yep, probably lol. Do I still consider calling my TA and changing, yes!! UGH! I'm a disaster lol:). I did put our name on the wait list for a cat V, but I think that wait list is imaginary;) seriously, has anyone ever had success with this?

There was only one cat 4a on deck 9 avail last time I checked... I looked up info about deck 9 and then realized you have to contend with that small verandah obstruction... LOL--- I think it will be something no matter where you are:).

I give up-- 10572 it is, lol!! Besides, not planning on spending much time in there anyway:)

These are the same type of thoughts I have been dealing with LOL! Iam all over the place. I book the same room as last time on but on the fantasy. I think do i want to be those people that do the same room everytime? We loved the our extra wide over hang untill i started reading on here and second guessing it. I want a family suite on deck 10 but dont want to under the pools. We loved how our room opened up to the elevators. Im a mess
lol! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter