• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fantasy Christening

Since it's being done at night just like the Wonders was my guess is that it might be the three fairies from sleeping beauty.

Have I missed something? Why would it be Whoopi? I was hoping for a character!

Why not !!!

1. She is in NY for the View, very popular ABC show :)
2. Saw her last Christmas at CP Epcot and was great!
3. Talked to her later that night and believe me she is a Disnrey person!
4. THE VIEW is part of The Disney/ABC Television Group which is her boss!
Show could preview this event!

Whoopie's extreme views make her a VERY polarizing person. Depending on whether you agree w/ her or not, you either love her or hate her and there's plenty on both sides.

Angela Lansbury gets my vote.

Whoopie's extreme views make her a VERY polarizing person. Depending on whether you agree w/ her or not, you either love her or hate her and there's plenty on both sides.

Angela Lansbury gets my vote.

Angela Lansbury was another person I thought of, but again is she really a godmother because of the voice? Also Michele Obama, but then discounted her as being too political.

Other live people thought's or suggestions?

Ex Techie :)

Whoopie is the Godmother of the RCCL's Serenade of the Seas.

I hope it's Julie Andrews

Angela Landsbury is the godmother of the Crystal Symphony.

Julie Andrews is the godmother of the Crystal Serenity.

Found this on the web:

These ceremonies were - and are - meant to bring good luck to the ship and those who sail on it.

ROYAL CARIBBEAN INTERNATIONAL
Royal Caribbean International, through a partnership with NBC's Today show, launched a national search for the godmother of its new Freedom of the Seas. The winner, Katherine Calder of Oregon, has served as a foster mother to over 400 children. Other godmothers have included Queen Sonja of Norway, Lauren Bacall, Whoopi Goldberg, Gloria Estefan and former first lady, Rosalynn Carter.

HOLLAND AMERICA LINE
Holland America Line has capitalized on its Dutch heritage with Princess Margriet of The Netherlands christening three of its ships. Tennis great Chris Evert has served as godmother, as has broadcaster Joan Lunden. Famous actress godmothers have included June Allyson, Debbie Reynolds, Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen, and actress Marlee Matlin, who did the honor for Noordam in February 2006.

CARNIVAL CRUISE LINES
It took British actress Dame Judi Dench three attempts to smash a bottle of champagne against the hull of Carnival Cruise Lines' Carnival Legend. In her last attempt, she soaked herself, earning the nickname Dame Judi Drench. Actress Mira Sorvino, Newswomen Paula Zahn and Katie Couric, retired Army Pvt. Jessica Lynch and astronauts Tamara Jernigan and Sally Ride have been godmothers.

CELEBRITY CRUISES
Patricia Barrett Carpenter, wife of astronaut Scott Carpenter, christened Celebrity Cruises' aptly named Mercury. Robyn Roux, wife of the line's Michelin-starred culinary consultant, master chef Michel Roux, christened Millennium. Godmothers have also included Paulina Rider Wilhelmsen and Jean Marie Arneberg, wives of Royal Caribbean Cruises, Ltd., board members, of which Celebrity is a unit. They are named Summit and Constellation, respectively.

NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE (NCL)
Melania Trump, wife of Donald Trump; actress Kim Cattrall of "Sex in the City;" Brooke Burke of E! Entertainment Network; and 2002 Miss America Angela Baraquio have named NCL ships. Elaine Chao, U.S. Secretary of Labor, christened Pride of America and Margaret Inouye, wife of Hawaii Senator Daniel Inouye, named Pride of Aloha, both of which sail for NCL America.

DISNEY CRUISE LINE
The godmother of Disney Cruise Line's first ship, Disney Magic, was Patty Disney, wife of Roy Disney, who is the nephew of Walt Disney. Tinker Bell christened Disney Wonder, marking the first time an animated character was named as a godmother. She not only released the bottle of champagne against the hull but also sprinkled pixie dust on the ship.

SEABOURN CRUISE LINE
Godmothers for Seabourn Cruise Line's fleet of ultra-luxury yachts include none other than "America's Sweetheart," child star Shirley Temple Black, who christened Seabourn Pride. Seabourn Spirit was christened by Aagot Brynestad, mother of Seabourn's founder, Atle Brynestad. Sister ship Seabourn Legend, which briefly sailed as both the Royal Viking Queen and Queen Odyssey, was renamed by Atle Brynestad's wife Linn.

CRYSTAL CRUISES
For its part, Crystal Cruises chose legendary actresses as godmothers. Acclaimed singer and actress Dame Julie Andrews served as Crystal Serenity's godmother at a Southampton, England, ceremony in 2004. Angela Lansbury had the honor of christening Crystal Symphony in 1995. In 1990, Mary Tyler Moore named the line's Crystal Harmony, which has since been transferred to parent company NYK Line.

CUNARD LINE
Cunard Line's QE2 and Queen Mary 2 were named by Queen Elizabeth II. Her Majesty used the same pair of gold scissors at QE2's christening as her mother and grandmother used for Queen Mary and Queen Elizabeth. Cunard traditionally used sparking wine, but for Queen Mary 2 used Veuve Clicquot Champagne to celebrate a partnership with the venerable wine maker.

MSC CRUISES

Legendary Italian film star Sophia Loren christened MSC Musica in Venice. Ms. Loren, who personifies Italian beauty, elegance and style, also is godmother of MSC Lirica and MSC Opera and acts as an official spokeswoman for MSC Cruises worldwide, reflecting the cruise line's identity as "Beautiful. Passionate. Italian."

REGENT SEVEN SEAS CRUISES
Regent Seven Seas Cruises' Seven Seas Voyager was christened in Monaco, with His Royal Highness Prince Albert in attendance. Barbara Carlson Gage of Carlson Companies, which owns the line, was godmother. Maria Gauguin, great granddaughter of the famous painter, was on hand for Paul Gauguin christening ceremonies, while Carole Poylo, a relative of the ship's owner, Jean-Marc Poylo, christened the ship.

MJ

Walt's daughter by all means!!! Or Flora, Fauna, & Merriwether would be super!

My vote is for Flora, Fauna, and Merryweather!

Flora can bless the Fantasy with the gift of beauty, Fauna can bless her with the gift of song, and Merryweather can weaken the curse of bad weather to give her fair seas! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter