Fantasy 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise 3/8/14 - 3/14/14

ssanders79

NO FLASH photography means just that!
Welcome to the Meet Thread for the 7-Night Eastern Caribbean on the Disney Fantasy

Saturday, March 8, 2014 - Port Canaveral, FL
Sunday, March 9, 2014 - At Sea
Monday, March 10, 2014 - At Sea
Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - St. Maarten
Wednesday, March 12, 2014 - St. Thomas (w. St. John excursions)
Thursday, March 13, 2014 - At Sea
Friday, March 14, 2014 - Disney's Castaway Cay

*****DIS GROUP HAPPENINGS*****

If agreed upon by the majority,The DIS meet will be on deck 12 at a time to be determined closer to sailing (ending before the 4pm muster drill though) at the family wading pool, which overlooks the adult pool. There is a pic of the area here (it's the 2nd pic; the one after the AquaLab):

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2011/10/new-water-features-to-help-guests-cool-off-aboard-the-disney-fantasy/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Non-DCL excursion on St.Maarten via Bernard's Tours - Maho Beach only
http://www.bernardstours.com/tours.html
Maho Beach Tour 11:00 am - 2:30 pm (This is when most of the larger planes arrive)
$25/per person (deposit $5/per person); children under age 3 are free
All tours depart from the Cruise Information Center Pickup at the cruise pier Drive through Simpson Bay marina Harold Jack Hill (View of Simpson Marina,Airport & Anguilla) Return to Philipsburg depends on tour departure time; all guests will be returned in time to meet their ship's sail time. Upon return to Philipsburg, transfer back to the ship will be provided free of charge, or you may choose to remain in Philipsburg to shop or sightsee at your own leisure. Walking back to the ship takes between 12 and 15 minutes, or a taxi may take you for approximately $3. * *NOTE: Itinerary subject to change. Weather and traffic on the island are constantly changing, and sometimes, this requires itinerary changes.
*PM Silverfox97 if interested
Note: We did the 'full' tour thru Bernard's Tours in June 2012 and were very pleased with them. I wouldn't hesitate to use them again. Review here: http://disneycruiselineblog.com/201...stic-non-disney-port-adventure-in-st-maarten/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Non-DCL excursion to Cinnamon Bay in St. John via Islander Taxi http://www.islandertaxiservice.com
*Islander Taxi will meet us at the Fantasy dock very first thing and will have a sign up with our names in it and will get us to the Red Hook Ferry dock. Then, transportation will be arranged there to take us and pick us up at Cinnamon Bay beach, and then back to the ferry dock, and then back to the ship with time to spare.
*Minimum of 10 guests (we have 7 so far)
*The cost for an adult is around $40 per person for both taxis and the ferry and about $10 cheaper for kids under 11.
*PM Silverfox97 if interested
Note: We used Islander Taxi in March 2013 for a tour on St Thomas. Alvin did a great job & I read on the DIS that he does the travel arrangements for St John as well. Our review can be found here: http://disneycruiselineblog.com/201...-magens-bay-and-shopping-in-charlotte-amalie/

UPDATED 1/16/14

Hi all :)

I'm ssanders79's DW. This will be our 11th DCL cruise (4th on the Fantasy). We'll be traveling with DD who will turn 7 just after the cruise on March 19th. I'll be celebrating my 35th bday on this cruise (and I'll be celebrating my 34th birthday on the Fantasy this March at Remy brunch!!!). We're back in our favorite stateroom, too!

Look forward to seeing everyone on board!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Bump in case people are looking for this thread!

Looks like I'll be in St. Maarten on my 35th birthday!

Found the meet thread. It was hard to find without a sticky.

I'm offically booked on this cruise for Spring Break 2014. Its possible I could change my mind between now and this time next year with the remainder of the balance is due but we are booked.

This will be cruise #4 on DCL for us. Cruise #3 is coming up same week same ship in 2013.

We switched to a 5D from a 4D to save a little money this time around thanks to the lovely price increases. :rolleyes1

The girls will be 7 & 3 next year and we will celebrate their 8th and 4th birthday's onboard. Its hard to believe.

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list :goodvibes

Have a great cruise!

I created a facebook group for this cruise.

The group name is

Disney Fantasy Eastern March 8, 2014

If you post your facebook name I will add you to the group.

Leaving on the Fantasy in a few hours!!! Very excited to see all of the Christmas decorations :)

We are booked for this cruise, which will be our 3rd with DCL and 7th overall. We're doing a land-only vacation this year, so it feels great to have this cruise finally booked to look forward to!! My husband and I will be travelling with my DS (7 at the time of cruise) and DD (4 at the time of cruise). My parents have also booked.:)

Hey y'all! I thought I'd suggest info for a DIS Meet. I suggest deck 12 at the family wading pool area. It's worked very well on our past meets - the wading pool gives the kids something to do while the adults chat. It's a nice big area, too. It's also not very busy. There are bartenders roaming around if anyone is interested in any libations. There is a pic of the area here (it's the 2nd pic; the one after the AquaLab):

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2011/10/new-water-features-to-help-guests-cool-off-aboard-the-disney-fantasy/

I'll have ssanders79 put the info in the third post above. If everyone is in agreement about it, we can do it. It in no way is anything set in stone and should certainly be up for discussion as we get closer to the sail date.

Just one idea from one person - feel free to take to FB as well ;)

(Edited to add link 7/11/13)

Dont forget to add your facebook name to these posts so we can add you to that cruise thread as well!

Billinaz said:
Dont forget to add your facebook name to these posts so we can add you to that cruise thread as well!

DH & I are non-FaceBookers. Thanks for the offer tho.

OK, the group is set up for anyone.... seems that almost all of the groups wind up there as well.

Probably due to the push notifications.....

There have to be more people that booked this cruise!!!! Anyone? Hello 8)

I'm slightly nervous that thry have changed spring break on me
The 2013-2014 school calendar was approved right before Christmas. I hope they post it next week when school starts back up

Count us in....

There is going to be a big group of us this year.

Myself, my husband and our 12 year old daughter

My brother, his wife and 2 kids (5 & 2)

Other Brother, his wife and 1 child (1)

My parents

There is still a possibility of adding more so we will see...

This will be my families 2nd Disney Cruise but first on the Fantasy and it will be the 1st Disney Cruise for my parents and the 1st cruise ever for both of my brothers....

SO EXCITED!!!! Now to try and not obsess about it for the next 14 months!!!

@ ssanders79..... I love your Blog..... That's all :thumbsup2

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter