Fantasmic

Sorcerer_Matt

Mouseketeer
Hi Everyone,
My first trip to DL is coming up in June. Fantasmic at WDW is our favorite! At WDW you sit in an enormous ampitheater, and have to arrive 45 min. to an hour early tog et a seat. How does Fantasmic work at DL? Should we be there as early as we would have to be at WDW?
Thanks,
Matt
Also, in DCA, is Soarin Over CA a ride like startours with the movie screen, or is it actually a moving ride?

At Disneyland you sit on the ground....WDW spoiled me so bad!!! I didnt like sitting on the ground...my legs got tired and such. But it is still at great show...they are almost identical(expept for 3 or 4 parts) You do have to arrive early but if possible go to the later one.

Disney vacations-
3/96-DxL(8 days)
9/97-WL(9 days)
9/98-FWC(9 days)
9/99-WL(9 days)
6/00-PO/CR(16 days!!!)
12/00-DL(1st time!!) Fairfield Inn(3 days)
Upcoming trips-
12/01 DL
6/02 WDW!
REMEMBER-It all started with a mouse!!!
tvmickey.gif

You may have to sit on the ground, but those 3 or 4 different parts blew me away. Fantasmic at the Studios can't hold a candle to Fantasmic at Tom Sawyer Island, just to give you a hint, look for the Pirate flag fluttering over TS Island about an hour or 2 before the show. Then deduce what its flying from. that should give you a hint of what's in store. Also, a good way to get a decent spot is to make your way to either the mint Julep place, or the cafe and have a nice dinner while the first show is going on. the cms will hurry you, but just take your time, then as the first show ends, head down to the water front. Its a huge battle on a busy day, but its well worth it, plus you get to expireance New Orleans square without rushing

YoHo, YoHo a Pirates life for me.
img-pirates_of_the_caribbean.jpg

flowerface.GIF
<font face="Comic Sans MS"><font color=navy> SM,

Fantasmic is well worth the wait. I like it better at Disneyland than at MGM. However, it does get very crowded, and people are known to begin staking out their seats 2.5 hours before the event. If you'll be at DL for two days, then I'd recommend it, but if not, then try for the 2nd show (if they have one), or try for a standing spot an hour beforehand.

If Disneyland is really crowded at that time, note that Adventureland becomes an exit to Main Street, and Frontierland is an entrance from Main Street.

The best seating area is located in front of Pirates. Look for the Kodak picture spot sign on the railing by the Rivers of America. That whole area becomes a seating only spot. Some people bring blankets/towels, or sit on their jackets. Others like us just sit on the ground. :)

The Soaring ride at DCA is the same concept as Star Tours.

<font face="Comic Sans MS"><font color=#FF0066>Mary Jo
mms.gif

Disneyland Board Co-Moderator
galw.gif

My Disneyland Site
My Sequoia/Yosemite Trip

Dress Up Your Posts

Arrive 45 mins early and you won't be finding a place to view fantasmic (standing or sitting). When we were there in December there were people sitting as early as 5pm for a 9:30 show!! By 8 when we went to get a seat the entire place was PACKED!!
I will echo what the others have said, go early, go early, go early!! And if possible go to the second show. Also, even if there isn't a second show scheduled, ask a fantasmic CM (they wear yellow jackets w/ Fantasmic logo on the back) if they are having a unscheduled Fantasmic. They did this when we were there and I wish I had asked.

Christa

Mary Jo, I had the impression that Soarin' was more like an IMAX experience with you seated and suspended versus Star Tours which is basically a big Flight Simulator. The viewing screen size for Soarin is like 60 feet tall versus the small screen one sees in Star Tours.

DL multiple times
DL GC Disneyana Convention '01
WDW offsite '92, Grosvenor '96, AS-Mu '98,
Disneyana Convention AS-Mu '00,

Soarin' Over California is a simulator/IMAX type ride. If you are seated in the first row, you will be up 40 feet from the ground. There are also smells piped in. From the panel discussion I attended, Soarin' is the most visited ride in the park. During the preview Jan 19th, there was a 1 hour standby line at 11:25 pm. Even the fast pass wait was 30 minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!