Fantasmic Seating

Dining packages NEVER included a chair for the show. From 2014 when the dining started... "Reserve a Fantasmic dinner package at the Blue Bayou The new Fantasmic dining package at the Blue Bayou is a 3-course prix fixe meal, with your choice of starter, entree and dessert. The package includes all of the entrees from the normal Blue Bayou dinner menu. Dinner service begins at 4 p.m. The restaurant will also accept regular (non Fantasmic dining) reservations.

This location can accommodate many dietary restrictions – be sure to note your restrictions when you make the reservation, and ask to speak with a manager or chef when you arrive to discuss specifics.

The cost is $61 for adults, $23 for ages 3-9. Tax and gratuity are not included. Premium and Premier passholders receive a 15% discount; all other passes receive a 10% discount.

Guests who book this package are expected to be assigned to the best viewing area, and are given a souvenir Fantasmic cushion to sit on during the show."

This said, seats are available thru VIP Tours. Now, you can find yourself in the VIP tour area with some significant VIPs, such as once we were sitting next to Donny Osmond at Fantasmic!, another Dick Van Dyke, we've been right in front of Kobe Bryant at fireworks, and once across an aisle from Nonsuch!

I think he meant the dessert package that was $60 and you got a chair to watch the show. I wish they would bring that back.

How are they handling ECVs with the dining packages now? How early would we need to arrive? We have cafe orleans reserved.

How are they handling ECVs with the dining packages now? How early would we need to arrive? We have cafe orleans reserved.
I've asked this in a couple other places this morning, so hopefully we both can get an answer.

I think he meant the dessert package that was $60 and you got a chair to watch the show. I wish they would bring that back.
I was really hoping they would with the popularity of the Dessert Party for WoC. I guess they figure the RBT premium package is a good enough substitute.

He stated "Before it went down, the dining packages had elevated seating behind the FP sections that were on the waterfront." The dessert dining did not exist when they had FP sections.

I loved the old dessert package too.

If I get a fast pass does that mean I am guaranteed to be able to stand somewhere in the area marked 5 on that map? I only have one day at Disneyland and I want to make the most of it by being on as many rides as possible. What kind of view can I expect showing up like 20 min before the show starts? Also what prevents someone from getting there shortly before it starts and making their way towards the center for a better view?

If I get a fast pass does that mean I am guaranteed to be able to stand somewhere in the area marked 5 on that map? I only have one day at Disneyland and I want to make the most of it by being on as many rides as possible. What kind of view can I expect showing up like 20 min before the show starts? Also what prevents someone from getting there shortly before it starts and making their way towards the center for a better view?

This is for a regular Fastpass, correct? Yes, if you obtain a Fastpass it guarantees you entry into the FP viewing area. Showing up 20 minutes before the show starts will likely leave you in a standing room only area, far off to right of the stage. What stops you from getting closer to the center is that Cast Members close off access to certain areas depending on how full and how quickly it gets filled. The small seated section in the regular FP section gets filled within minutes and then the only section available are standing room only.

This is for a regular Fastpass, correct? Yes, if you obtain a Fastpass it guarantees you entry into the FP viewing area. Showing up 20 minutes before the show starts will likely leave you in a standing room only area, far off to right of the stage. What stops you from getting closer to the center is that Cast Members close off access to certain areas depending on how full and how quickly it gets filled. The small seated section in the regular FP section gets filled within minutes and then the only section available are standing room only.

Ah I figured they would have cast members to prevent problems. If the far right side of the fast pass area still give you a good view? I don't need the best view but I certainly want one that makes the show worthwhile as it will be my first time.

Our experience:
We were there 2 days ago. Facing the "stage" area, the left section was HB, center section was BB, and right section was CO. Fast pass people were standing on the far left of HB or the far right of CO. We had to get there 90 min early because Haunted mansion had just opened that day and the wait time was 300 minutes (I am not kidding) the HM line was so long that they were letting F! Dining people in extra early to sit in their dining sections so we wouldn't form another line and completely block New Orleans square. The CM said it was the busiest F! they ever had so far but we still had plenty of room to sit in our section. I noticed about 5 min before showtime, they let in some people behind us to completely fill the section. The standing FP sections were crammed like sardines. I have no idea how they could see the show at all. An announcement came overhead for people to leave the standby line as there would be no room for them. I'm not sure if any standby people made it in. All I know is if you wanted to casually see it from the New Orleans sqaure area, there was no way to as the line for Haunted Mansion was so long and ridiculous.

Following weeks should be better though as the Halloween stuff wears on and is not such a novelty.

Lesson is: since F! moved to only the weekends, get a dining package. It's the only way to see the show unless you are a VIP. There is no slow season anymore and everyone throughout the entire week is saving time to see F! The same time as you!

Ah I figured they would have cast members to prevent problems. If the far right side of the fast pass area still give you a good view? I don't need the best view but I certainly want one that makes the show worthwhile as it will be my first time.

It depends on what you consider a good view. Arriving 20 minutes before will leave you standing behind other people, and to the right of the stage. You will still have one of the screens facing your direction to watch the screens, but you likely will not have a good view of the projections of the island itself.

Does anyone know if you can still sit on the concrete wall, over by the smoking/river raft area? It was in front of the stroller parking area. We have always sat on this concrete wall for a decade to watch Fantasmic, but are not sure if we can anymore, or if we need to get fastpasses or do dinners to be able to see the show?

Does anyone know if you can still sit on the concrete wall, over by the smoking/river raft area? It was in front of the stroller parking area. We have always sat on this concrete wall for a decade to watch Fantasmic, but are not sure if we can anymore, or if we need to get fastpasses or do dinners to be able to see the show?

If I recall correctly, a small portion of the walkway along the wall is kept clear during Fantasmic as a dedicated walkway. I don't think you'll be able to watch the show from there. The area by the raft/smoking area is open as a stand by viewing area though.

We're the
Our experience:
We were there 2 days ago. Facing the "stage" area, the left section was HB, center section was BB, and right section was CO. Fast pass people were standing on the far left of HB or the far right of CO. We had to get there 90 min early because Haunted mansion had just opened that day and the wait time was 300 minutes (I am not kidding) the HM line was so long that they were letting F! Dining people in extra early to sit in their dining sections so we wouldn't form another line and completely block New Orleans square. The CM said it was the busiest F! they ever had so far but we still had plenty of room to sit in our section. I noticed about 5 min before showtime, they let in some people behind us to completely fill the section. The standing FP sections were crammed like sardines. I have no idea how they could see the show at all. An announcement came overhead for people to leave the standby line as there would be no room for them. I'm not sure if any standby people made it in. All I know is if you wanted to casually see it from the New Orleans sqaure area, there was no way to as the line for Haunted Mansion was so long and ridiculous.

Following weeks should be better though as the Halloween stuff wears on and is not such a novelty.

Lesson is: since F! moved to only the weekends, get a dining package. It's the only way to see the show unless you are a VIP. There is no slow season anymore and everyone throughout the entire week is saving time to see F! The same time as you!

Thanks for the report! Was the HB section seated?

Thanks for the report! Was the HB section seated?

I think it was sitting while they waited and they had to stand up later as more people filled in. Looks like it depends on how busy the show is and how many people buy HB packages.

We had FP to see the show in late July. We arrived shortly before the time printed on our FP to return because we could already see tons of people waiting in the boat loading area for entry. It was kind of chaotic the way they did it and tons of people who entered after us ended up in front of us once the line began moving. Anyway, we got a good view on the right side right next to the rail. We could see well even being far right and had a mist screen right in front of us. HOWEVER it was like being a packed sardine. I could not believe how many people they crammed into that tiny spot. Seeing the maps now I realize why. They give out too many FP for such a small FP area. It was uncomfortable and I don't really want to see the show again. But my Mom hasn't seen it yet and I know she'll want to. Originally we were allowed to sit, but about 45 minutes before show time we were forced to stand and they just kept shoving more and more people in. So awful!

The old way wasn't great. Tons of people camping out, etc. But that was it. You could dedicate one night to camping out for the show and be done with it. You could choose your spot and have a little space. Now it is still a long wait as you wait for the area to open and then wait for the show to start. I do not like this about Fantasmic or WOC. It's a bad situation.

We had FP to see the show in late July. We arrived shortly before the time printed on our FP to return because we could already see tons of people waiting in the boat loading area for entry. It was kind of chaotic the way they did it and tons of people who entered after us ended up in front of us once the line began moving. Anyway, we got a good view on the right side right next to the rail. We could see well even being far right and had a mist screen right in front of us. HOWEVER it was like being a packed sardine. I could not believe how many people they crammed into that tiny spot. Seeing the maps now I realize why. They give out too many FP for such a small FP area. It was uncomfortable and I don't really want to see the show again. But my Mom hasn't seen it yet and I know she'll want to. Originally we were allowed to sit, but about 45 minutes before show time we were forced to stand and they just kept shoving more and more people in. So awful!

The old way wasn't great. Tons of people camping out, etc. But that was it. You could dedicate one night to camping out for the show and be done with it. You could choose your spot and have a little space. Now it is still a long wait as you wait for the area to open and then wait for the show to start. I do not like this about Fantasmic or WOC. It's a bad situation.

Yeah, the regular FP setup they had before the refurb was chaotic as well. You get packed in at the waiting area where no one wants to give an inch because they want to stay ahead, and then there's the rush once you do get let into the actual seating area. And this was back when the sections were bigger, as dining packages have more real estate in today's version. Simply from my observations alone, I have wanted to stay away from regular FP seating and opt for dining packages. You do still have to show up by 7:30p if you want to sit at the rail, but it is way less chaotic than regular FP's.

Yeah, the regular FP setup they had before the refurb was chaotic as well. You get packed in at the waiting area where no one wants to give an inch because they want to stay ahead, and then there's the rush once you do get let into the actual seating area. And this was back when the sections were bigger, as dining packages have more real estate in today's version. Simply from my observations alone, I have wanted to stay away from regular FP seating and opt for dining packages. You do still have to show up by 7:30p if you want to sit at the rail, but it is way less chaotic than regular FP's.

Yeah, I was thinking before FP for Fantasmic! I was thinking when you just picked a spot and waited. It wasn't always pretty and it created congestion, but to be honest the new setup isn't so pretty either and still creates congestion. And there is still a big waiting game. I wish there was a better solution to the nighttime shows.

Yeah, I was thinking before FP for Fantasmic! I was thinking when you just picked a spot and waited. It wasn't always pretty and it created congestion, but to be honest the new setup isn't so pretty either and still creates congestion. And there is still a big waiting game. I wish there was a better solution to the nighttime shows.

Since DL doesn't even have benches to watch the show, maybe carve numbers into the brick or something and assign everyone a number. You could show up 5 minutes before and take your exact place (or "number"). No camping out. No lines. You just sit/stand where your number is. Book your number via the Disney app like a fastpass. Or, if you don't have a smartphone, then the fastpass kiosk can have a screen like a movie theater that you can scan your tickets and pick your seats as a group together. Dining packages and VIP get the better rows of numbers. Standby can fill in the numbers not taken. Shows never get so extremely overpacked because once the numbers run out, they don't keep packing people in (lately to a ridiculously unsafe amount) Brick is nicely carved so when the show isn't going on and the ropes aren't up, people just walk over the pathways and it doesn't take away from the NOS vibe. Some people might not even notice the carved numbers.
Just sayin...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter