Fantasmic questions

schpug03

Earning My Ears
Is it worth waiting in line for an hour to see Fantasmic? Or is worth it to do the dinner package? Also, with the dinner package is it better to go to Hollywood & Vine or Mama Melrose or The Brown Derby? I'm sure the Derby is the best, but I really want to go to 50's Prime Time Cafe and I don't think I can handle two big sit down meals in one day. It will only be me and my DH and we both love fireworks, but I don't know if I want to waste at least an hour of my day just sitting around waiting for the show to start!

If you haven't seen Fantsamic you need to go. It is an awesome show. But thats my opinion. The dinner package is not really worth it. The special seating was off to the far right side and not the best like I had hoped. But if you want to do it the dinner options are really up to you. We opted for H&V. Mainly because the buffet offered variety. And we got all we could stand. I have never eaten at the other choices so I cant comment on them.

We did not do the dinner thing but Fantasmic! is one of the very best Disney things and, IMO, the very best show. Definitely worth the wait!

we did the dinner package at Hollywood & Vine.

We arrived 1 hour before showtime and found better seats.

Yes fantasmic is well worth it-- it took me three times for our one week vacation to see it-- first time it started to rain 20 minutes before the show.
next time it lightening half way through the show-- and the next time--perfection. If lightening happens at any time the show will be cancelled--even if it started already.

Fantasmic is a fabulous show! I have seen it numerous times, but most of the times it has been with the dinner package. The seats are off to the right as previously stated and to get a better seat would be hard as most people arrive VERY early. The package is good if you have seen the show before or if you have not even seen it, and you do not have too much time to spend waiting in line.

how long does tge show last?

It's about 25 minutes long.

DEFINITELY 100% worth the wait! It's more than just fireworks, it's a whole show with so many special effects, characters, great music, etc. :yay:
If you want to eat at 50's Prime Time, you should (great place!) and not worry about getting the package; best restaurant at MGM in my opinion! :) I've done the H&V voucher package and was very pleased with our seats, but I've heard from so many other people that you can get even better seats without the "priority seating", even though you do have to arrive earlier.

We did the H&V package, and we found it well worth it. We walked into Fantasmic around 30 minutes before the show (took 5 minutes to walk from entrance to the theater) and got great seats! Maybe they adjust the size of the reserved area based on how many people make the package ADR's? Because the reserved area was only one section left of middle, almost the entire right side of the theater. We sat almost center, third from top row - GREAT SEATS!

And the food was very good - I was nervous because of some of the reviews I've seen, but it really was a yummy buffet.

I think it also depends on the time of year you're going - we were going on a school vaca week, so I knew it would be busy - didn't want to wait over an hour for seats!

Fantasmic! Walking Paths DHS MAP Satellite Photo
VE-DHS-gateFantasmic-ONLY.jpg

Fantasmic! THEATER - Birds Eye MCU w/List
Fantasmic-BE-2CU_65.jpg

What time of year are you going? This makes a difference is whether the dinner package is worth it or not.
Personally, I would eat at 50's and then just wait in line for Fantasmic seating. We ate at 50's in October and it was wonderful. The food was great and the interaction was fun. I will NEVER return to H & V. The food was cold and tasteless, we were surrounded by dirty, unbussed tables, our server was over worked and rude and the Ladies Room was fiflthy.
Fantasmic is definitely worth seeing. It is not our favorite night time spectacular, but you should definitly see it. Just plan your time accordingly.
Have a Great Trip.

We love Fantasmic. Whether or not to use the dinner package depends on the time of year for us an where we feel like eating. The 50's is our favorite restaurant at the Studios so if we are going during our usual slower time of the year, we just eat there and get to Fantasmic about 30 minutes before the show and have always gotten decent seats. Or if we are not doing a table service that day, we pick up pizza or something and carry it into the theater with us. Then we eat while we are waiting for show time. We went to WDW during President's Week this year and didn't want to have to wait a long time since we had a first time visitor with us and only one day for the studios. We did the H&V dinner package and thought it was well worth it. Got there about 20 minutes (30 if you count the slow walk up the path to the seating). All of the seats in the theater are good seats as far as we are concerned. We sat near the back since I have some trouble going down stairs and we discovered a new benefit - we were able to be one of the first ones out of the theater and got to Tower of Terror while there was only about a 5 minute wait. So the teenagers and I got to go an extra time. By the time we got off the line was up to 45 minutes!

We have done the package 3 times so far because we go in the summer and they start lining up 2 hours before the show w/o the package.:eek: First time we went to Mama Melrose then the last 2 times at H & V. H & V has a kids section on the buffet line which is a good thing but they often run late with their ressies. We always check in on time but then have to wait awhile to be called. This summer we're going back to MM. I would love to try the Brown Derby sometime but it's pricier and they make you go so early for the package it's just not what I want to do.

I looked at those maps somebody posted. We have always, always been in the far right section not the next section in so I think the packages utilize both of those far right sections. We usually find seats about 1/2 way down. Don't really want to be any lower - I think the view is better higher up. Never really been displeased with our seats.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter