Fantasmic - Dinner and a Show

StormTigger

I am Tigger, feel my bounce!
I heard they have changed the way Fantasmic is down since I was there last, but I can't find anything difinate on it so I'm asking the people in the know!

I know you can make ressies at Mama Melrose, Brown Derby, and one other resteraunt that escapes me at the moment, but I had heard that you have to purchase the meal a head of time. Is this true? Before you couldn't make ressies for this until you where on Disney property, has that changed now too?

Any and all information that can be given about this would be great. I'm helping a friend plan their Disney trip and want to make sure they don't miss it!

(Okay.. okay.. I'm also planning MY disney trip and don't want to miss it either!) :smooth:

Thanks!!

I just called to ask a little about that today and the other restaurant is Hollywood and Vine. I've never done the package, so I can't really help you with your other questions, sorry.

I made my priority seating reservation for Hollywood & Vine a few weeks ago (I'll be on-site as of May 31). They asked for a Credit Card # to reserve it, and at the time I was told there would be a charge if I did not cancel in time (within 48 hours of the reservation time), or just did not show up. I wasn't told anything about them charging for the dinner at the time the reservation was made, and as of yet, nothing has shown up on my bank statement.

As for anything else concerning this package, I'm a first timer, and will have to get back to you on that one. :teeth:

Originally posted by StormTigger
I heard they have changed the way Fantasmic is down since I was there last, but I can't find anything difinate on it so I'm asking the people in the know!

I know you can make ressies at Mama Melrose, Brown Derby, and one other resteraunt that escapes me at the moment, but I had heard that you have to purchase the meal a head of time. Is this true? Before you couldn't make ressies for this until you where on Disney property, has that changed now too?

Yes, they've changed it. It used to be you could only book it onsite 7 days out. Now you can book it 2 months out and they ask for a CC and they do, indeed, charge it at about 48 hours before I believe but not right away.

There is no additional charge for the package itself. However, the package, which includes a fixed price dinner and the Fantasmic! seating pass, MUST be guaranteed at the time of booking with a credit card. Prices for the fixed price dinners are as follows:

Brown Derby $36.99 adult/$9.99 child (3-11) not including admission, tax, and gratuity. Child's meal includes beverage and dessert. Your choice of appetizer, soup, or salad; entree; and dessert from menu. Items include Spice Grilled Filet Mignon, Pan-Seared Grouper, and The Original Cobb Salad. Alcoholic beverages NOT included.

Mama Melrose $28.99 adult/$9.99 child (3-11) not including admission, tax, and gratuity. Child's meal includes beverage and dessert. Your choice of one wood-fired Flatbread to share from Mama's rustic on-stage kitchen, as well as family style salad, and choice of entrees featuring Linguine Fra Diavolo, Oven Baked Stuffed Chicken Breast, and Char Grilled Filet Mignon with Gorgonzola Butter. Dessert: Mama's signature Fantasmic! Tiramisu. Alcoholic beverages NOT included.

Hollywood & Vine $19.99 adult/$9.99 child (3-11) not including admission, tax, and gratuity (no characters) Child's meal includes beverage. All you care to eat buffet. Choose from a number of selections including; oven-roasted Prime Rib, Citrus Baked Chicken, Pan-seared Salmon, and Stir-Fry Noodles with Sesame. Also includes fresh salads and build your own ice cream/dessert bar. Alcoholic beverages NOT included.

All packages include a special pass for seating at that night's Fantasmic! and dinner at the restaurant chosen.

There is a cancellation period of 48 hours.

Hope this helps!;)

THANKS!! :bounce:

That helps a lot, it's just the information I was looking for.

Thanks again!! :smooth:

Since the search is disabled, I can't find it and the disney web site wasn't help, is there a charge for Fantasmic itself? I mean, if you're just wanting to see the show, is there an extra charge for it?

Thanks

Originally posted by rachael95
Since the search is disabled, I can't find it and the disney web site wasn't help, is there a charge for Fantasmic itself? I mean, if you're just wanting to see the show, is there an extra charge for it?

Thanks

NO! Not at all. Depending on what time of year you go, you don't need to buy this package at all!

Just get to the show at least a hour before and you should be fine!

Thanks beattyfamily!

I'm afraid I'm a cheap skate and wanted to do it only if it's not extra. Must be the Scot in me, or maybe the German, or maybe the.... :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter