Fantasmic Dining Package - September 2019

I ended up getting 1:30pm, couldn't get a dinner time. I was on 2:30am Pacific time. I don't think all the dinners sold out that quick. I think they were never added.

I got 6:10pm on 9/15. I wanted 5:30, but it was not available.

You know, I don’t think they really were, because when I searched it said nothing available for our party of 6, but when I called the CM was able to find time slots. Just not the ones I wanted. I think it’s best to call (although the hold times are ridiculous).
This uncertainty is perfect for my anxiety of not getting what I planned...
it’s our second trip we want to do dinner reservations (because of the price) and I was able to kind of talk my parents into doing the F! Package again... (still trying for WOC) but I guess I’ll have to hide the phone costs :rolleyes1 ( I doubt we have international calls included...)

But maybe it’s just this September they are having IT problems... it worked better September so I‘ll hope they figure it out till thanksgivingtime is bookable. I mean it really sounds like they have some kind of trouble... yes DL is often not exactly on time with the reservations but this is really late and like it sounds it still doesn’t show online correctly...

Were you able to get dinner? I got on at 3am, when the cm told me they'd be up. It was either lunch, or 8:30, or 9pm. Was disappointed that there was no earlier dinner times open. Found it odd that they were gone that quick so early in the morning.
I did get dinner. But for 7:40. It was that or 5:10 and we’d rather not eat dinner that early. I’d prefer the first show, but it’s for the second - it will be fine. Just glad we got it. I got online later than usual to check at 7:45 am the day they were released.... I hadn’t heard 3 am - the CM I had spoke to told me 7 am....

I did get dinner. But for 7:40. It was that or 5:10 and we’d rather not eat dinner that early. I’d prefer the first show, but it’s for the second - it will be fine. Just glad we got it. I got online later than usual to check at 7:45 am the day they were released.... I hadn’t heard 3 am - the CM I had spoke to told me 7 am....
I was told the times would become availabe online at 3am or to book by phone at 7 when they opened.

I’m just gonna say it, Ive been beyond disappointed with the cast doing dining reservations by phone. I had one that was downright rude, and I knew more about what was available than she did. It was frustrating. They need to fix that ASAP.

I saw another poster mention this, but I just want to clarify with others experiences ...
I am hoping for an 11:30 lunch Fantasmic dining package at BB so we can go to first show.
October dining packages are not out yet, but the regular dining options are coming up any second now for our date - Oct. 12.

Should I book a regular dining lunch at 11:30 for my party (if available)?
Can I switch that over later to a F package?
Or should I just wait for the packages to be released and hope for the best?

thanks in advance!

I saw another poster mention this, but I just want to clarify with others experiences ...
I am hoping for an 11:30 lunch Fantasmic dining package at BB so we can go to first show.
October dining packages are not out yet, but the regular dining options are coming up any second now for our date - Oct. 12.

Should I book a regular dining lunch at 11:30 for my party (if available)?
Can I switch that over later to a F package?
Or should I just wait for the packages to be released and hope for the best?

thanks in advance!
I just tried this for our September trip. Switching over did not work.

I always try to book 11:30 first seating so I can get waterside. So at 60 days I booked it; then when the packages FINALLY dropped, I went looking for package times. They were showing nothing available for my day. So I called, and waited on hold for AN HOUR! The CM was very helpful with her information, however. She explained that they only book certain slots for the packages, and 11:30 just isn't one of them. Even if I canceled mine and tried to rebook it as a dining package, it wouldn't show up as such; just as a regular lunch reservation. She did have availability, but it was for 11:50 or 1:50 (i.e. the third row back from waterside; they book seatings every ten minutes usually). I really wanted waterside, and we would have dined at Blue Bayou anyway (my kids adore it) so I kept that reservation. Instead I booked Hungry Bear on-the-go for that evening at 6 p.m. I've done that package before and enjoyed it, and the view from the HB section (to the left of the BB section) was fine. Just bring a sweatshirt or something to sit on.

I did think it was odd that no availability was showing for BB when I tried to book it online. I had to call.

Anyway, that's the information I got from the CM. YMMV. Good luck! :)

I just tried this for our September trip. Switching over did not work.

I always try to book 11:30 first seating so I can get waterside. So at 60 days I booked it; then when the packages FINALLY dropped, I went looking for package times. They were showing nothing available for my day. So I called, and waited on hold for AN HOUR! The CM was very helpful with her information, however. She explained that they only book certain slots for the packages, and 11:30 just isn't one of them. Even if I canceled mine and tried to rebook it as a dining package, it wouldn't show up as such; just as a regular lunch reservation. She did have availability, but it was for 11:50 or 1:50 (i.e. the third row back from waterside; they book seatings every ten minutes usually). I really wanted waterside, and we would have dined at Blue Bayou anyway (my kids adore it) so I kept that reservation. Instead I booked Hungry Bear on-the-go for that evening at 6 p.m. I've done that package before and enjoyed it, and the view from the HB section (to the left of the BB section) was fine. Just bring a sweatshirt or something to sit on.

I did think it was odd that no availability was showing for BB when I tried to book it online. I had to call.

Anyway, that's the information I got from the CM. YMMV. Good luck! :)

I was able to book an 11:30 package for my date. Have you tried canceling the reservation and then checking for it to show up with the packages?

I was able to book an 11:30 package for my date. Have you tried canceling the reservation and then checking for it to show up with the packages?
Aw man. See, this is what the CM told me wasn't possible. I don't dare cancel for fear I'll lose it completely. Anyway, I'm glad you were able to!

Also, it might have something to do with the fact that we're a party of six.

Also, it might have something to do with the fact that we're a party of six.

Could be! We are a party of 2.

I have done the cancel/ rebook several times with the CP packages at WDW. I always do it in the middle of the night with 2 different devices. And it is pretty nerve racking (but it has worked well!)

Does anyone know where I can find a current menu for lunch and dinner? I'm trying to figure out if the 8-Layer Chocolate Hazelnut Cake is a dessert option when doing the package.

thanks all. when regular dining is available tomorrow, I'm gonna go ahead and book the time I want.
I'll sort out the fantasmic package option when that drops, but I have got my family all excited about finally doing BB so that is now on the must-do list! :)

I’ve seen several references to people booking 11:30 to get waterside. We’ve only done B.B. once and we just asked to wait for a waterside table- it wasn’t very long. Our reservation was around 6pm. Do they not let you wait for waterside any longer?

I’ve seen several references to people booking 11:30 to get waterside. We’ve only done B.B. once and we just asked to wait for a waterside table- it wasn’t very long. Our reservation was around 6pm. Do they not let you wait for waterside any longer?
They do, and often it's not as long as they tell you. I had a 4:30 once, and they told me 45 minutes-- it was more like 25.

However, I like the early, first seating, because you are pretty much guaranteed the waterside spot with little to no wait. Also, lunch is cheaper. :)

I don't know about waterside ... my family just likes our lunch as early as possible.
So for us its just a personal preference.

I did book our reservation today without the fantasmic package. fingers crossed I can swap it out later! 🤞

I don't know about waterside ... my family just likes our lunch as early as possible.
So for us its just a personal preference.

I did book our reservation today without the fantasmic package. fingers crossed I can swap it out later! 🤞

We are early lunchers as well and always try to eat around 11-11:30, which makes the fact that the MSEP packages are only being offered from 1-3 a little annoying. :rolleyes2

We are early lunchers as well and always try to eat around 11-11:30, which makes the fact that the MSEP packages are only being offered from 1-3 a little annoying. :rolleyes2

That is a bummer! maybe you can make it a "second lunch" or super early dinner? I feel your pain!

I’m just gonna say it, Ive been beyond disappointed with the cast doing dining reservations by phone. I had one that was downright rude, and I knew more about what was available than she did. It was frustrating. They need to fix that ASAP.

I had a less than magical cast member on the phone yesterday too when dealing with a changed resort reservation. I was very surprised bc up until this point, I've always had friendly, happy cast members.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter