Fantasmic and Fireworks at Disneyland

Cloe Colton

Registered
Is it possible to see both Fantasmic and the Disneyland fireworks on the same night in Disneyland?

Fantasmic is less of a priority for me so if I have to chose one of the other that will definitely go but I would like to try to see both. Especially since I've heard its superior to WDWs!

TIA

Yes, but there are caveats. Assuming it's a night when there are two F! showings and one fireworks, then you can either opt to watch F! first and then fireworks or view fireworks and then watch F!.

Guests who watch the first F! are encouraged to watch fireworks from the F! viewing area. They use the mist screens for the projections and pipe in the music. You'll miss out on the castle-based effects (e.g., Tinkerbell, the pinwheel fireworks, etc.) and you'll want to watch from the NOS side of the river (otherwise, the mist screen projections are one direction and the fireworks are in another direction). From the F! viewing area, the fireworks appear roughly around BTMRR. DLR times it so that it's tough to make it from F! to MS for fireworks, and if you do, you might have a tough time finding a good spot on Main Street.

If you opt to watch fireworks first, then you'll have plenty of time to make it to the second showing of F!, but you'll be behind the guests that either skipped fireworks or headed to the F! viewing area early. It's still possible to get a good spot, but it's means walking fast after fireworks ends and hoping that traffic control doesn't route you away from the RoA. It's highly unlikely that you'd get a prime/front row viewing spot for F!.

So, basically, you can watch F! and fireworks on the same night, but there are trade-offs. You'll need to prioritize the one you want to see more and then hope for the best with the other one.

Yes, but there are caveats. Assuming it's a night when there are two F! showings and one fireworks, then you can either opt to watch F! first and then fireworks or view fireworks and then watch F!.

Guests who watch the first F! are encouraged to watch fireworks from the F! viewing area. They use the mist screens for the projections and pipe in the music. You'll miss out on the castle-based effects (e.g., Tinkerbell, the pinwheel fireworks, etc.) and you'll want to watch from the NOS side of the river (otherwise, the mist screen projections are one direction and the fireworks are in another direction). From the F! viewing area, the fireworks appear roughly around BTMRR. DLR times it so that it's tough to make it from F! to MS for fireworks, and if you do, you might have a tough time finding a good spot on Main Street.

If you opt to watch fireworks first, then you'll have plenty of time to make it to the second showing of F!, but you'll be behind the guests that either skipped fireworks or headed to the F! viewing area early. It's still possible to get a good spot, but it's means walking fast after fireworks ends and hoping that traffic control doesn't route you away from the RoA. It's highly unlikely that you'd get a prime/front row viewing spot for F!.

So, basically, you can watch F! and fireworks on the same night, but there are trade-offs. You'll need to prioritize the one you want to see more and then hope for the best with the other one.

Thanks for all the info!! If you do a fantasmic dining package does that automatically put you for the first show? Just wondering how that would work if we watched fireworks and caught the second fantasmic showing

Thanks for all the info!! If you do a fantasmic dining package does that automatically put you for the first show? Just wondering how that would work if we watched fireworks and caught the second fantasmic showing
No, you are not automatically put into the first show.

The F! showing is based on the time of your dining package reservation. I forget the cutoff time (I want to say it's around 4:00 pm for Blue Bayou, but I'm not completely sure), but it's sometime in the later afternoon. Reservations before the cutoff time will get tickets for the first F! show and reservations after that time get tickets for the second show. That being said, most guests have reported being able to successfully request tickets for the second show regardless of their reservation time (generally the second show is less busy than the first show).

The F! showing is based on the time of your dining package reservation. I forget the cutoff time (I want to say it's around 4:00 pm for Blue Bayou, but I'm not completely sure), but it's sometime in the later afternoon. Reservations before the cutoff time will get tickets for the first F! show and reservations after that time get tickets for the second show. That being said, most guests have reported being able to successfully request tickets for the second show regardless of their reservation time (generally the second show is less busy than the first show).

This is accurate. I requested the second show last year, and it was no problem. That said, I really didn't need the seating for the second show as it was far lass crowded (but I got the perfect spot - one of the first people let into the area). I wanted to eat at RBT anyway (and it was awesome!) so I went for it.

Ok, this is very helpful! I have a fantasmic didning package at RBT on 9/6 but it’s rumored the Halloween fireworks will start that night as well. So should we ask for the 2nd F! Viewing at our dinner? I don’t want to miss either but we’re leaving the next day and there’s no F! Show the other nights.

Ok, this is very helpful! I have a fantasmic didning package at RBT on 9/6 but it’s rumored the Halloween fireworks will start that night as well. So should we ask for the 2nd F! Viewing at our dinner? I don’t want to miss either but we’re leaving the next day and there’s no F! Show the other nights.
I'm in the same boat, I have a dining package at BB with the 2nd show, I'm hoping to catch both the fireworks from Main St and F! in the same night. If people are saying it's not doable, I'm going to have to rethink our plans

I'm in the same boat, I have a dining package at BB with the 2nd show, I'm hoping to catch both the fireworks from Main St and F! in the same night. If people are saying it's not doable, I'm going to have to rethink our plans
How many people are in your group? Any strollers or mobility issues? We've watched fireworks and made it to the F! viewing area (BB package) for the second show in time to get great spots, but we've never done it with small kids or strollers. Try to map out your route ahead of time so that everyone in your group knows where to go and where to meet for F! in case you get split up. You will need to walk steadily and as quickly as you can safely go. As long as one of you can get to the F! area to check in for the group, you should be fine.

Hope you can work it out. We have 3 nights and F! Is only on the last night of our stay and the Halloween fireworks may start that night. I want to do both. Crossing my fingers it works out.

I did the 2nd Fantasmic show via Hungry Bear package and watched the fireworks.
What I did is I made sure I was in the hub near Frontierland to make it easier to escape the mass chaos that will happen after fireworks. Crowd controll will make you go to New Orleans Sq via Frontierland. We made it over to the line for hungry bear package line up in plenty of time.

I personally feel you get a better view if you sit towards the back of the reserved area so you aren't looking through the fence.

How many people are in your group? Any strollers or mobility issues? We've watched fireworks and made it to the F! viewing area (BB package) for the second show in time to get great spots, but we've never done it with small kids or strollers. Try to map out your route ahead of time so that everyone in your group knows where to go and where to meet for F! in case you get split up. You will need to walk steadily and as quickly as you can safely go. As long as one of you can get to the F! area to check in for the group, you should be fine.
It's just going to be my boyfriend and I, so from what your saying we should be able to make it! Thanks!

It's just going to be my boyfriend and I, so from what your saying we should be able to make it! Thanks!
The tricky part is that with "Halloween Screams," you won't want to be over by the Frontierland entrance because you won't be able to see all the effects from that side. The better view is on the far right side of the castle or Main Street. So this will add time to your walk to the F! area. You'll still be able to make it, but you will have to walk purposefully and know where you're going. If you don't mind missing some of the HS show effects, then you could view from closer to the Frontierland entrance and have a shorter walk after the show.

The tricky part is that with "Halloween Screams," you won't want to be over by the Frontierland entrance because you won't be able to see all the effects from that side. The better view is on the far right side of the castle or Main Street. So this will add time to your walk to the F! area. You'll still be able to make it, but you will have to walk purposefully and know where you're going. If you don't mind missing some of the HS show effects, then you could view from closer to the Frontierland entrance and have a shorter walk after the show.
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. It's his first time going to Disney, and my first time with either of those shows, so I'm not really wanting to miss much, but as long as it's not too much, I'll be fine with that

Yes; you can even watch the fireworks from the Fantasmic viewing area.

You kind of have to, if you see the first show of Fantasmic. They begin IMMEDIATELY after Fantasmic ends. There is no opportunity to go anywhere. You basically stay put, and they show the projections on the water screens.

oh yeah didn't think about that. I've found a pretty good spot to be Halloween Screams is near the Little Red Wagon on Main ST but in the street. Make sure you can see the left side of the castle. With just 2 adults you should have any issues finding a spot. If your on the short side - stand on the curb just before the street and you'll be able to see perfectly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter