Fanny Pack for fluffy gals?

AZMermaid

DIS Veteran
So…. Anyone on the fluffier side rocking the Fanny pack? I’m about a 16 but fluctuate between a 14-18. I’m headed to Disney soon and was thinking about getting a Fanny pack, but all the pics I can find are of skinnier ladies. I know it won’t look amazing, but is it a no go? Thanks!

If you want to wear a fanny pack, I agree with PP and say wear what you want and don't worry about anybody else. People at Disney are focused on their own concerns and their own fun, and probably aren't taking the time or energy to judge what other people are wearing.

But I think fewer people are wearing fanny packs than in the past, which may make them harder to find if you are shopping for one. If you aren't looking for one with a pretty print, maybe see if you can find one which is being marketed to men? I would think that if it's a solid color, it wouldn't seem masculine or feminine. I hope it's not hurtful for me to say that. I'm someone who likes a neutral solid color for my bags. But I know other people who prefer Vera Bradley or something like that.

I switched from a fanny pack to a tote bag when I started carrying more stuff around with me. Cell phone, portable charger and cable, sunglasses, wallet, lip block, sunscreen, hand sanitizer, tissues... a tote bag works better for me. I like the LL Bean Everday Lightweight Tote in medium size.

A wristlet is my choice as it’s a multifunctional item. Made in the right material works as a day and night purse in most any location, urban or exurb.

I find a crossbody bag with a few zippers and pockets is comfortable. A smaller size holds all the necessities.

Thanks for the feedback! Yes- I shouldnt care and just go with it, but it’s more pictures than what others think! I’ve got my eye on a simple Jansport. I should just order it and see what I think.

I usually use a Vera Bradley backpack or a crossbody, or a small wallet in my pocket. The crossbody sometimes bothers my back and my next two trips I’m not sure I need the space of the backpack.

I LOVE my fanny pack! It’s not the most flattering thing but it holds everything I need, hands free. If you go to Universal (They’re much stricter about bags.) you can ride everything but the big coasters with it.

It does look kinda frumpy but I’m usually dressed in cargo capris pants, a Figment T-shirt and a pair of little boys Keens sandals. I’m guessing the fanny pack doesn’t make a huge difference.

I don't use a fanny pack. I use a LUG crossbody and really like it. LUG has many styles to choose from. I have seen in the past a LUG bag that also converts to a fanny pack. Many sizes, many styles to choose from. I got mine on QVC. Get what you want, get what you like....don't worry about what other's think.

So…. Anyone on the fluffier side rocking the Fanny pack? I’m about a 16 but fluctuate between a 14-18. I’m headed to Disney soon and was thinking about getting a Fanny pack, but all the pics I can find are of skinnier ladies. I know it won’t look amazing, but is it a no go? Thanks!
Wear what you want and I'm sure you will look great.

Crossbody for sure... I started using one when I got a shoulder injury... and have never looked back... most of my friends use crossbody's now, love having my hands free...

I will say if go the fanny pack or belt bag route, make sure you can easily slip it off and put it back on when riding rides.. no matter what your size is.

Just so you know, that 16 to 18 is the average size of a woman... so in no way are you considered fluffy... just a average size woman... for years size 14 was the norm, until women started speaking out about size, ... and that in no way the models you see in commercials and billboards represent the average woman... things are a changing... No matter what your size in your clothing reads... that is not who you are, and should never let a size marker keep you from doing, or wearing what you want. You go girl...

Yes, I am fluffy 12 to 16 fluctuating. I carry a Vera Bradly mini cross body and it is perfect for me. Enough room for dollars, credit card, DVC and AP cards, large comb, phone, lip balm, medical cards, throw away poncho, and prescription sunglasses. I have a Mickey Mouse water bottle holder hooked on the strap and a clip for my hair. I wear cross-body so my hands are free. I have used my black one so much at Disney I bought a used one in excellent condition on Ebay.

I love my fanny packs, I think they're super cute whoever they're on lol :)
I've noticed the 'in' way right now to wear them is to wear them across the shoulder like this (not me in the pic).
At Disney I swapped between this and on my hips depending on the outfit I wore. It's really up to whatever you like most!! I love the Herschel brand fanny packs. They come in all sizes so you can get larger or smaller ones depending on how much you want to carry.

I apologize if I misinterpreted, but I thought you were asking whether there are fanny packs that would fit you. Most folks replying sound like they understood you to be asking whether it would look good, so now I'm doubting my interpretation. Regardless, I went and measured my fanny pack, lol.

Mine is from Society6, a site that allows independent artists to put their prints on products, and the strap is about 48 inches, which should be plenty roomy for a size 16. It's a single compartment, with a little internal pocket and a loop for chapstick, so it's small but very durable. And there are tons of prints to choose from.

I'm a recent fanny pack convert, and I plan to stock up so I'll have a few to accessorize with, haha. Fanny packs are the mom jeans of the 2020s — they have a reputation for being dowdy, but some people do a great job of pulling them off! Leaning into the frump chic can end up coming out funky and cute, and I don't think it's limited to one body type.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter