Family using DVC perks with Membership card

diaman

Mouseketeer
My son and his girlfriend will be at Disney. Since he's my immediate family, would he be able to receive DVC perks such as using the DVC lounge and DVC discounts on food/merch using my membership card? My name is the one on the card. Are there ways to add family member names on the card? TIA!

The requirement is to show a photo id that has the same name as on the DVC Member ID card. The only way to get some else a DVC Member ID card is to add them to the deed as an owner.

The perks for just for owners so he will not be eligible to use your card. The only perk that is allowed to members of the household are the DVC AP's. As already mentioned, he would need to be an actual owner to get his own card and qualify.

We did add our adult children in late 2019 (ages 23 to 31) to our deeds for this purpose. But, they were already out of college and established in their careers and lives so felt comfortable doing it.

My Husband is on our contract but doesn't have his own acct set up so he can't pull it up on his phone and they wouldn't even let him use my card with his ID. So I'm going to say no.

My Husband is on our contract but doesn't have his own acct set up so he can't pull it up on his phone and they wouldn't even let him use my card with his ID. So I'm going to say no.

My husband doesn't have his own DVC account either so I just called MS a few years ago to get his blue card sent to him. We both got new ones.

My son and his girlfriend will be at Disney. Since he's my immediate family, would he be able to receive DVC perks such as using the DVC lounge and DVC discounts on food/merch using my membership card? My name is the one on the card. Are there ways to add family member names on the card? TIA!
You can add their names (for a fee) to the contract and then they will get their own card. DVC perks are for the owners of the contract.

So, no he he can not get the DVC discounts or use the member's lounge since he is not a member.

The POS simply states that some perks may be available for friends and family using your membership. Things like discounts it would be unlikely but it would never hurt to ask. Just don't expect them.

And the lounge will be a hard no. With capacity limits they are being even more strict about checking ID.

My husband doesn't have his own DVC account either so I just called MS a few years ago to get his blue card sent to him. We both got new ones.
You were lucky, I called and requested 2 times in last several years to have card sent to my wife who is on contract and have never received one. We have finally set up her account on line but still did not receive physical card. Now hopefully can remember to save a new card on phone as the one expires.

I know previous iterations of the membership card did not have an expiration date, and that the blue color was added later.

Can someone tell me how long the current cards (with the 2021 expiration) have been issued for? I received mine in 2017.

I know previous iterations of the membership card did not have an expiration date, and that the blue color was added later.

Can someone tell me how long the current cards (with the 2021 expiration) have been issued for? I received mine in 2017.
I don’t remember when we received the 2021 expiration ones but I just got my new membership card for my separate UY and it still expires in 2021. I was surprised that since it’s only a 8 months away the date would have been extended.

I don’t remember when we received the 2021 expiration ones but I just got my new membership card for my separate UY and it still expires in 2021. I was surprised that since it’s only a 8 months away the date would have been extended.

I wouldn't be surprised if they have decided to continue only with the digital version unless you request a physical card from them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter