family trip in May (done!)

What, no one liked my pictures?

Harumph.

OK, I'm over it. :rotfl2: :goodvibes

Not that it really matters, but I realized earlier that the arrest happened on Tuesday night. Because I definitely remember two mornings of increased security checks, where they needed to look in ALL the pockets. I have a baggallini! That's a lot of pockets.

So it was Thursday the 29th. Waaaaah, it's leaving day!

Got up, got out. Checked lost and found. Still nothin'. Sigh.

We love DCA so that's where we went. Got some Soarin' FPs as we went by on our way to White Water Snacks! The food-getting area isn't that impressive, but the food and seating areas are, and that's all that matters.

We got a bagel with cream cheese (for Eamon, who was so hungry he was saying he was NOT hungry...when he yells that we know he'll eat anything put in front of him, LOL), a breakfast burrito without bacon, and a french toast stick. Coffee for the grownups (I put mine in my mug). :) You pay, are given a number card thing, and sit. Then they bring it out to you.

I didn't try the bagel, but E wolfed it down. The burrito and french toast were supposed to be shared half and half between me and hubby, but I became a snarling Alaskan malamute (the type of dog I was raised with, very food-protective) with the first bite of burrito. I did end up sharing a couple bites, but I ate most of it. SO good. The french toast sticks were good too, but it's really hard to mess up that. The guys of course couldn't eat the "syrup" they gave for the sticks, but I tried it and it was NASTY. Cannot recommend the "syrup"!

IMG_1883.jpg

Hunks of potatoes and fresh tomatoes inside. Fresh salsa. Thin tortilla that just made the whole thing incredible. I poured the salsa inside and by the end of the burrito the salsa was dripping down my hands and I didn't care. Hubby was giggling, watching me wolf it down; I sometimes (often) have food aversions, so when I find a food I adore, he is happy.

I always have to take a picture with my coffee.

IMG_1885.jpg

French toast sticks.

IMG_1888.jpg

Again we were impressed by their fruit. Both plates had strawberries as garnish, and although we gave most of them to Eamon, it was a little bit hard to let go of all those strawberries. So good.

We ate outside, and it was a little bit chilly where we were. But beautiful! We wished that we had followed everyone's advice to eat there much earlier in our trip. Made us more sad that we were leaving that day.

On our way out, hubby made his coffee more perfect (he had barely drank any b/c I didn't get enough creams and sugars for his taste). Then Eamon did something obnoxious in the stroller and it knocked hubby's coffee to the ground. The CMs were SO kind; helped me clean it up, and told hubby to go in and tell them what happened so he could get a new coffee.

We left the GCH, happy. We were easily able to re-enter through the special exit/entrance (we had left through there) even though it was only just after official opening (the park had opened unofficially at 9:30), and we didn't even have to show receipts.

It was time to try something we had never been to before, the (as they call it on the disneyland site) Redwood Creek Challenge Trail Featuring "The Magic of Brother Bear" show.

Eamon had great fun in there, but the 42" requirement for the zip line tire thing nearly sent him over the edge. We took him in there to make up for the fact that he's not quite big enough for Grizzly (we let him measure on two separate days), and he didn't find it fair to see another exciting thing that he wasn't tall enough for!

But the other stuff he enjoyed.

While R and E played in there, I went out for Grizzly and maybe Soarin' (I rode Soarin' once on this trip, I just do NOT remember when!!!). Actually it probably was Soarin', b/c I remember being gone for awhile (they remember that too). Loved both, as usual.

While I was gone, Eamon again got the fun of having clothing-prepared, relaxed parents, while other children were screamed at for even stepping in the water areas there, let alone lying down in them like a certain red-headed boy did. :rolleyes1 Oh I wish I'd seen that, or that hubby got a picture, but I didn't and he didn't.

Eamon started off with his tennis shoes and socks, but didn't see the water in this area. It runs very slowly and gently, and it really didn't look like there was water. He was very surprised! Since we had his Crocs it was no big deal to change his shoes, and he took off again (this was before I left for Grizzly).

While I was gone...

47b8d830b3127ccec4020c29256200000026108CZMmjFq1bA9vPhg

There's a "spirit cave" where you, I assume, put your hand on something, there are lights, and you are told what animal spirit you are/have.

47b8d830b3127ccec4022a6a253200000026108CZMmjFq1bA9vPhg

Eamon was a wolf spirit, and Robert was a bear spirit.

I got back as the time for the Brother Bear show started, and I rounded them up.

Well, it was something of a disappointment, b/c they were having some sort of technical difficulty. We saw some sort of effect as a big totem moved, but then someone came out and manually put it back. Then a very harried looking CM came out with Koda with some sort of explanation that the "spirits" weren't with us today, but Koda and Kenai would be out for pictures.

47b8d830b3127ccec402e431250e00000026108CZMmjFq1bA9vPhg

Kenai had to be called a couple times, then hurried in miming that he had been asleep.

47b8d830b3127ccec4039c41050e00000026108CZMmjFq1bA9vPhg

Hubby doesn't normally pose for pictures, but he was bothered that older kids (should know better) kept jumping in front of DS, so Robert snagged Kenai and Eamon to take a nice posed shot (at last!).

47b8d830b3127ccec403e5b2c46900000025108CZMmjFq1bA9vPhg

Then the show was done.

Your pictures were very nice. Loved the comment about not knowing how to pose with characters. I love the fact that the characters still do some wandering around the DLR and it's not all dependent on finding them at the meet and greeets.

Well now it was my turn to amuse the small one while Robert went on Grizzly and maybe Soarin' (what is wrong with us? such a good ride but we can't remember when we went on it???). Whenever R rode Soarin', and it must have been that day b/c it was the only day we had FPs for it, he went with a FP but went Single Rider instead. He loved the SR line. (though as I think about it, doesn't the SR just use the FP line? I'm confused)

Eamon and I went over to ride Monsters, Inc many times. :goodvibes

As we got there and parked the stroller, he wanted to change out of his wet clothes (from using the "stream" as a bed), so we headed over to the restrooms in that area. We saw Goofy and Max, and E wanted to meet them. (he has met Goofy approximately 18 million times and he NEVER tires of it)

As we got up to them, I took off E's Mickey hat and fluffed up his hair in the current sort of messy sticky-uppy style that boys are allowed to wear. I did it just b/c otherwise it would be hat-head, and of course that's not allowed for a 4 year old, lol. Anyway, I did that, and when he got up there, Max noticed. Max pointed at E's hair then at his hair...it was very funny.

47b8d830b3127ccec40319e8c44d00000026108CZMmjFq1bA9vPhg

IMG_1954.jpg

Their time together came to an end and I closed my camera, and then Max grabbed Eamon and gave him a HUGE hug. :goodvibes

Changed E's clothes and went to Monsters.

He kept talking to other families while in line, slowly inching his way into their space, and away from me. I swear he was trying to dump me. He was getting angry with me on the trip; apparently it's MY fault that he's not 42" tall. And every time a "no" was said by us or by the rules of the ride, or the rules of being nice about not being overly wild, it was MY fault. :confused3 Oh well, he's better NOW.

Well we went on Monsters at least two times in a row, had great fun! Then the last time around when something happened.

So look at this fuzzy picture.

47b8d830b3127ccec40298e325e200000026108CZMmjFq1bA9vPhg

Now this.

47b8d830b3127ccec4024a17a44f00000026108CZMmjFq1bA9vPhg

Whoa, that's quite a difference, what happened???

Well, you know, that's where the ride stopped. And almost immediately the CMs were on the public address system telling everyone to stay put and they would come get us soon. I mean almost immediately. When we had a ride stop on Roger Rabbit's in September, it took a bit before they told us to stay put. So that was surprising.

Anyway, we got to walk out, and it almost seemed that the locker room was the furthest from the load/unload area!

They told us not to touch anything, and of course we complied (as did the nice couple from New Zealand, with whom we had a fun conversation about how Australians say things vs how those from NZ say things). But the couple that had been in front of us, they got behind me and Eamon and I noticed the guy touching *everything*. He kind of "boinged" little Boo who thought she was safe in Sully's arms in an alleyway, and touched just every little thing. AUGH. I was very glad he made sure he was behind us, b/c I didn't want Eamon to see that. Nor did I want E to comment on it, as I didn't want to "start" anything while walking through Monsters!

When we got outside, Robert was back, and he enjoyed our story.

Since I still had Screamin' to go on, we split up again; they went to waterworld AKA bug's land, and I went my own way. It was the second time I gave up my camera that day! Ack! I felt nakey.

I was SO scared getting on Screamin'. If you saw a woman in a grey cotton skirt and tennis shoes (and shirt, people, no worries) muttering to herself, wondering what on earth she was about to do, that was probably me. Remember, the only other time I went on it was at dark after some liquid courage known as Blue Moon ale! But this time I would SEE the track. AUGH.

Well, I went to the Single Rider line (after picking up the pass from the CM at the normal entrance) and was on in NO time at all. Thankfully I wasn't in the very front like I was for my first ride. And....it was GREAT! It really is a good ride.

The launch, again, was almost unbearable. If I even thought I had a heart condition I can't imagine wanting to ride it again, it's that much pressure. But it's over fast, and then you're just zipping along. Again, I loved the loop, having again forgotten how easy and fun loops are. And then I was done, walking off drunkenly after having my brain sloshed around a bit.

In the meantime, Robert had found the "sports" mode on my camera where it takes picture after picture after pictures without releasing the button. He took a TON of pictures.

E first ran around the bountiful farms water area (it's like a Where's Waldo book, looking through all the pictures R took, trying to find Eamon sometimes!), then they went to the other one, the GOOD one, the one that gets you soaked.

BFarms area, is it any wonder he gets soaked?

47b8d830b3127ccec40277ba655400000026108CZMmjFq1bA9vPhg

47b8d830b3127ccec4026998e44900000035108CZMmjFq1bA9vPhg

Good soaking area.

47b8d830b3127ccec4024b8fe44f00000026108CZMmjFq1bA9vPhg

At one point Robert had to chase him down b/c E's shorts were falling off. He did get some pictures before starting the chase, but no one needs to see E's booty.

47b8d830b3127ccec402a39fe42b00000026108CZMmjFq1bA9vPhg

Then he found a leaf.

47b8d830b3127ccec4032ae384c700000026108CZMmjFq1bA9vPhg

Back to me.

When I was done with Screamin' and probably a little bit of walking around, I decided to get the mango + lime combo I've heard so much about. I had 3 gift cards with TINY amounts left on them, and decided to use them up on this purchase. It took the CM ages, especially b/c she resisted typing in the numbers. Once she did that, they worked, and it went faster. Sorry, if any of you were behind me.

So I took those over to the guys. Robert ate them all; I have no interest in mango and E turned up his nose at them. Robert was not sad that we didn't snarf his mango treat.

I got to change E into dry clothes. It was not fun! Having a cold and wet kid hanging onto any part of you he can grab, complaining about being cold, but being noncompliant with your commands is just not a walk in the park. Argh. But at last he was dried off and into warm clothes.

When we came out, Robert wasn't there. I looked around and saw him near Flik's Flyers, talking to a younger boy who seemed lost. Robert, being a male, didn't want to take the kid off to find a CM (suspicious-looking) so was trying to talk to the kid, to find out where he lost his parents, etc. The kid wasn't saying anything, and looked really freaked out. Robert said that when he saw the boy, the boy was screaming towards Flik's Flyers, like his family was on it but he didn't make it on. Robert was really worried!

So I went over with Eamon.

And just as I got there, this boy's father came over. Told us that the boy was deaf (he was not wearing a visible hearing aid), and that his parents had been watching him "the whole time".

Um, OK...if your kid is deaf, and there is NO hearing aid visible and the kid is NOT signing anything, and your kid is obviously prone to wandering away from you, shouldn't you have some sort of "note" on the kid so that strangers don't get freaked out for the kid? Robert was jittery for an hour, he was so worried about that boy! Robert's been lost as a kid before, he knows it is scary! AND if the family had been watching the whole time, why didn't they come over during the minutes Robert was trying to talk to the kid? What took them so long?

Well obviously they were NOT watching him the whole time. I mean, the kid was screaming at one point, and then being talked to by a large, strange man? Yeah, right you were watching him the whole time.

I'm developing a bit of a hearing loss myself, and I want to wear a sign letting people know that I might not hear or understand their words (even Toocherie picked up on my hearing problem when I met her on the 25th!), let alone if I were a child. Harumph.

My man is a big ol' softie, and he wasted valuable time trying to help that child, only to find out the parents were, well, I don't know what they were. But they sure weren't being watchful.

And then it was time for Robert to do Screamin', to work off some of the adrenaline in his system from thinking the boy was lost.

Well, it was hot, our day was long, and Eamon was not happy. He expressed that unhappiness by being very very mad that he was not 48 inches tall. He wanted with every fiber of his being to go on Screamin'.

Basically E had a big ol' tantrum near the accessible entrance (aka single rider line entrance). Sigh.

Robert did his usually fussing thing, and I shooed him away at last, b/c fussing over E isn't going to make him grow 6.5 inches, nor is it going to let him get to sleep! Eamon continued to cry, but then quickly fell to sleep. Whew.

Then things got weird with the single rider line!

Usually, you go in and you stand on the "other" side of the loading platform. As they have an empty seat (say a party of 3 board, leaving one seat open) they call the next in line over. You hand over your pass and get in. Once you're in with the restraints down you can't really see the person next to you, so it's no big deal (at least not to the single rider!).

But I guess the line got too long (I should stop telling people about the SR line!), so they had the whole group go up in an elevator, over, and down to the normal loading side in another elevator. They were then in sort of a pen.

I assume the plan was that the CM over there would start taking single riders from that pen, whenever he came across an empty seat. BUT he ignored them all! They stood in the "pen" for what felt like ages, while people who had newly entered the SR line were called forward to fill seats! I don't know what Robert felt like during that process, b/c I didn't want to harp on it and ruin his fun ride after the fact, but watching it was rotten. I wanted to go in there and smack that CM.

Finally someone was able to get the CM's attention to ask why they weren't being let on, and he let them go.

Robert had a sort of funny moment when he put his arms up to pull down the restraint. I guess he put them both up, but pulled mainly with one arm, and his outside arm got stuck straight up. He had to get the CM's attention so they could loosen all the restraints, and R was able to pull his arm in and get the restraint down. It didn't bother him too much, though, he was just glad he could fit into the seat and restraint!

Off they went!!!!!

He got off the ride, exhilarated. Thought about going again, but decided not to, to keep that ride perfect. It was great. :goodvibes

Next it was time for a snack.

Your pictures were very nice. Loved the comment about not knowing how to pose with characters. I love the fact that the characters still do some wandering around the DLR and it's not all dependent on finding them at the meet and greeets.

Hi! You snuck in there. :)

Sorry about the momentary "no one likes me" moment up there. :rotfl:

It is really fun for Eamon and Robert to run into random characters. OK, and for me, b/c I like watching them have fun.

Well, I guess I have to finish our trip someday...might as well be now. Robert's at our babysitter's (landlady's daughter), tutoring her in Algebra in a last minute attempt to pass the class. E and I just finished dinner and I have a glass of wine...and we're watching Empire Strikes Back.

Again.

When I left off, E was having a nap in his stroller, and Robert had finished riding Screamin'. Robert had called my brother to let him know we were "late" in leaving so we would be late in getting back to their place. All was good.

But we were hungry...where to go, where to go. Aha! Cove Bar was open!

We decided not to go through the gate closer to CA Screamin', because there's a step up, and we wanted E to keep sleeping. So we went to the Ariel's restaurant entrance, told them we were going through to the Cove, and went on through. Passing through and past the stairs to get to Ariel's, a chandelier thing.

IMG_2092.jpg

I had looked at the menus for Cove Bar online, and knew we would get the artichoke dip. I thought I was going to get a Glowtini, but since it was still a bright day I figured that was a bit silly. So I got what my receipt calls the Pina Colava. A dis'er called it the Coolava, and that makes sense b/c it's cool and looks like lava, but I saw the receipt first, LOL.

We went in and found a table, sat down. When no one came over, Robert went to the bar. While he was waiting there, a server came by. I told her R had gone up there, and she went away. Then he ended up back at the table, and the server came back. Moral of that story? Don't confuse them by leaving your table. :cool2:

We got waters and enjoyed the view while trying to keep Eamon, who was in total shade with a breeze going by, warm enough to stay asleep. Then our food and drink arrived!

So good. Creamy, not chunky with artichokes (I love artichokes including their texture, so I could complain a little bit, but then it was the best warm artichoke dip I've ever had, so I'll stay mum b/c I don't want them to change it).

IMG_2089.jpg

My drink. mmmmmmmmmmm.

IMG_2088.jpg

IMG_2087.jpg

And that's my pink baggallini bag next to it. :goodvibes

I wish I could end this on that moment, with the sunshine around us but an umbrella over us, with a breeze blowing by, looking out over the water and a view of the fun attractions...but I can't. We did go back over to Disneyland briefly. But I'll end THIS post with the view from the Cove Bar.

(I tried to make the colors pop out like they were to my eyes, but photobucket doesn't play all that well with my Mac, and I didn't feel like updating whatever I had to update to do it. Just know the colors are MUCH brighter in real life.)

IMG_2090.jpg

IMG_2091.jpg

While Eamon slept and we ate and drank, we knew we had to get him a second inexpensive light saber. He had asked for both green and blue, and it seemed to make sense, to have two. Also, we still felt very guilty for having misplaced it. We are strict about many things, but in other ways he is very much a cosseted child, and we wanted to make up for the loss of the first saber.

So after we were done, as he started to wake up, we left and slowly wandered out of our beloved DCA. We probably stopped back at lost/found just in case.

E fell back to sleep.

Went to Disneyland and savored it again. At this point, hubby had admitted that he was a true Disneyland fan. Well thank goodness, it certainly took long enough! He told me that the way I had planned this trip, and reacted to things going "wrong" (like my blisters) made the trip even better for him than the others, and he felt that E felt the same way. He was glad we had scraped to send me on my solo trip, and welcomes further solo trips for me as well. :yay:

We went to Tomorrowland, and went into Star Traders. Now, something we said earlier kind of backfired, or at least confused Eamon, here. On another day, before we had totally realized that it was an adult that lost the saber and we were still not set on replacing anything, we told Eamon that the only way you could get into Star Traders was to go on Star Tours. At that moment none of us wanted to go on it, so that was 'safe'. I know I know, it's truly the chicken's way out of a difficult conversation, but remember, he was blaming me for negative things from the beginning of the trip, and I couldn't take it anymore. Anyway, he believed us.

So we walked into Star Traders, we grabbed another $10 saber, I looked around and found a cute keychain I wanted (Molly souvenir count = 3). I love keychains, and I was about to need another "main" key chain. Since we were moving out of our snazzy apt building, I didn't want to use the *heavy* keychain they gave us upon move-in, so you can see this was a need. :rolleyes1

We bought the stuff and on our way out, E started waking up. He realized where we were, and expressed great joy about the second light saber!

But then he asked, a bit warily, with his sleepy voice..."why you take me on Star Wars ride while I was sleeping?"

Uh oh! Poor kid thought we would take him on something like that while he was sleeping!!!! It was kind of funny and yet sad (and a bit embarrassing) at the same time.

We told him we found a secret way in...yeah, I know I know, we still couldn't take responsibility for our decisions. It's really not usually our parenting style, but...well, maybe someone out there will be a dear and understand. :lovestruc

Our very last stop inside the parks was to.....have a silhouette done! It was FAST and painfree. A kid his age they have sit on a parent's lap. The kid stares forward at a collage of Disney character stickers and the artist asks the kid to find various pictures. Be we knew it, she was done. And as many have mentioned, they make two at once.

We cheaped-out on ourselves and did NOT buy a frame, so it was only 7.54 including tax. Silly decision, b/c once we left we knew that I was still me, and me, er, I am a bit too relaxed when it comes to framing things. Oh well.

I don't have the scanner set up and I don't feel like taking a picture and whatnot, so I'll just show you the silhouette the artist worked from (minus sunglasses). :)

IMG_2093.jpg

Went back to the hotel, retrieved the laptop we had left in the luggage room, got in the car and headed back to San Diego. Robert had decided to drink a soda or something like that, and started passing out while driving the Durango about 10 minutes on the highway. So we stopped in San Juan Capistrano and swapped (we were going to switch earlier, but then he DID fall asleep and the yell I let out to wake him up scared the heck out of him and kept him awake until we hit SJC), and I drove home.

Picked up dinner, got back to brother's, had a nice evening. Brother and hubby chatted in the jacuzzi part of the pool, I read a book while Eamon went to sleep early, SIL went to sleep early b/c she works her heiny off as a 5th year associate lawyer. At around 1 the next day we headed out to the airport and they dropped us off. Encountered a nasty Jet Blue ticket agent who refused to listen to me say that I didn't understand her, but that I appreciated her giving us the gate-check ticket for the stroller, and as I thanked her...and she ended up leaping out over the scale, angrily, to wrap the gate-check ticket around the stroller handle. Turns out she had to see us put it on, and she thought I was telling her I wouldn't (while I was thanking her, and smiling, and expressing delight...whatever). Robert understood this, so WHY he couldn't have stepped in to explain it to me (or her) is unknown to me, but that happens sometimes.

Got on the plane, had grumpy Jet Blue employees on the plane, but we all made it back safe and sound, even though we still had to take public transit home (WHY they send a "coach" style public bus, with the tall seats and narrow aisles, but NO use of the under-bus luggage bins, on the airport run I have NO idea, but at least the ride was comfy after we smashed everyone in the aisles on the way to our seats).

Blisters hurt.

Blisters can slow a person like me down, and that can make family members very happy.

Star Tours, Screamin', Grizzly, and Soarin' are wonderful rides.

I miss IASW.

We should have just bought Premium APs from the beginning; I hate having to worry about blockout dates.

I :lovestruc the Cove Bar.

I liked meeting Dis'ers!

I can survive a trip without watching a parade (I only saw a moment of the PPP).

I don't know why, but...I just love being at DCA and Disneyland. The sights, sounds, smells...the rides, most of the food, the benches...the cleanliness, the cats! (we saw a couple, did I mention that?), the potential whenever you get there, that you could have a magnificent time that you and your family will remember, in some way (whether fuzzily or perfectly or even just in pictures) forever. I guess that's sort of an explanation, but how I got to this place I really don't know. 8 years ago I would have laughed really hard at all of this. But here I am! Already thinking about the next trip, whenever we can take it. :cool1:

Thank you Molly for sharing your trip with us. I love hearing about what others do on their vacations and seeing things through their eyes. Not being a good story teller myself I really appreciate that talent in others and you do a great job at telling a story. And I like that you didn't leave out the not so happy or perfect parts. We all know that even under the best of circumstances vacations can also cause stress, especially when people are tired or hungry or bored or whatever, and to have you share those tense times and child meltdowns makes it real and makes the rest of us that have those same things happen not feel quite so bad when it does. I've read some TRs where every day is perfect. And I hope it really was for them but on my vacations there is always something, usually minor, but something that is not so perfect. :rolleyes1 Oh, and pictures, pictures, pictures - I loved them! Its always sad when I get to the end of a TR because I feel like my vacation is ending too... hmm I wonder if I get way too involved? :confused3 :rotfl2: ...but I love coming and reading about other people's trips because it helps me get through the waiting for mine. :cool1:

A very enjoyable report. As an adult now, the family vacations I look back with the fondest memories of are the ones when we went to Disneyland. So many happy memories there. You are creating memories for your family that they will treasure forever. E will rememeber these visits and ones that come in the future.

What a wonderful trip report! You have a definite flair for writing. I've so enjoyed reading it, and seeing the pictures! Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup2

Wonderful trip report--it was fun to hear about your adventures after we met.

Looking forward to the next time I can see you!

Thanks, guys!

I always feel very boring in my trippies, but that's mainly b/c I started reading trip reports by Utahmama, and she is the master (mistress?) of incredibly good trip reports. Anyone who hasn't read her reports, go find them and spend the next week or two reading them.

Toocherie, I just read your little report on TSM on the disabilities board...what a bummer that they aren't really set up well! I hope they change it around soon. And what's that about having stairs at the exit? Did they lose their minds at some point? Did they use two architects and their plans didn't meet up, and UNlike on the day the two sides of the Chunnel were connected, they realized there was an elevation problem? Hello, ramps? Anyway, I'm sad on your behalf that it's such an imperfect set-up on that brand new should be perfect ride.

I posted this in the main forum, but in case someone is only over here today...

I have 4 sets, right now, of DL/DCA maps that I can mail out. If anyone reading wants a set, PM me with your name and address, and I'll get them out asap.

Today I put my blingy Mickey keychain on my keyring. Figured it was better than wearing my Pooh ear barrettes!

C'mon, Molly! You mean you don't want to wear your Pooh ears when you are out running errands?pooh: :rotfl:

Well I want to. But the looks I got a couple times after leaving the DLR gates during our trip were kind of embarrassing. Like, you know, checking out of HoJo with them on (b/c we were on our way to the parks for the day!) and wondering why he kept looking above me...

But then again, while walking around downtown today, going to the post office and such, I saw a guy wearing blankets and not seeming to care...so if he can wear blankets, why can't I wear ears? ;)

It's so fun to look on the trip report page, to see what other trippies I should read, and to see the number of views of my report go up and up. :goodvibes

I thought I was done, and was resisting putting just "chat" in here without anyone asking questions or making comments so I could disguise them, LOL, BUT I remembered something!

DangerMouse's mini trippie in the ladies only thread on the main forum reminded me!

When we watched the fireworks in September from near IASW, we saw a little blob of light that seemed to be Tinkerbell. When we or I saw them in Dec or Jan, we or I thought we saw Tink, but couldn't really figure out what the big deal was.

When we saw the fireworks in May, even though we were having issues with how relatively little we could see b/c of the trees, when Tinkerbell came out, it was amazing!!!! We could actually see HER, not just a blob of light, and she went back and forth a gazillion times. It was very cool. :goodvibes

ok i cant belive i didnt know about this post i fill bad lol
were intrested in the BYO sabors..what is it about? How much dose it cost. do the others not light up only the byo ones? do they have dubble ones? (i think darth mauls)
I am so sorry your son lost his i would be so bummed.

my son wants to go on tot but me my self i dodnt know if he would like it. I'm afraied hed get to scared. But if your 4year old did it maybe i should just let my 6year old its like the only thing he wanted to do with me last time and well i made up some reason for me not to go..lol

Grate pics and trip report even the pre trip stuff makes me think about planing for mine

Molly, I loved your report! I just can't sleep tonight and it was the perfect way for me to enjoy some late night (or early morning) alone time! I love the way you write.

And thanks again for your help with the Anabella vs. Hojo dilemma I was having!

Amy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter