Family saying goodbye at Airport...

lauran cameron

One little spark of inspiration...
While we were waiting for our flight last week I saw a Father/Husband with his wife and daughter and he was in dessert camoflauge and had his duffle bag and they were all huddled together hugging, and watching them have to say goodbye made me so sad. I actually had to reach in and put on my sunglasses because I just couldn't stop crying. You see the pictures and the videos on T.V. but nothing can compare actually witnessing it. In the end after he got on his plane his wife and daughter were left standing there still hugging. About a 1/2 hr. later our plane was called and I said to my DM, "Hang on a second, I've got to go do something..." and I walked over to the family and I told them how touched I was by what had just taken place and I thanked them for all that they do. The woman hugged me and said "thank you" and the daughter just smiled really big. It was just such a surreal situation that blew my mind to actually see...just thought I would share and send a thank you out to all the military familes out there. :grouphug:

You are welcome. That is definitely a tough day. But I will be experiencing the reverse of that day in October. I can't wait.

That goodbye is the hardest, saddest thing we have ever done. And it is often repeated several times (R&R time). Thanks for thanking that family. They will remember that. We got the reverse in June and it was wonderful. Enjoy your day hans02. :)

I had to say my goodbyes at home and have my FIL bring DH to the airport because I knew there was no way I could handle it. I still feel guilty to this day that I wasn't there for him, but thought I would just make things even worse. That being said, watching him come down that jetway when he came home on R&R is a memory I will treasure for the rest of my life.

Thank you for acknowledging that soldier's family. I know it meant a lot to them.

hans02, thank you for your service. I wish you a safe return in October! :teeth:

My husband is leaving on Sept 26th and I am more nervous about the goodbye then anything else. I'm not looking forward to it.

when we flew to Disney in May - my DD and mom started talking to a young couple and Julia asked them if they were going to WDW too - the girl just started crying and he answered her - no - I am going to Afghanistan - my DD had no idea what that meant but my mom and I started crying too and thanked him - they kept playing with Julia and I think it was helpful to the girl but I can't imagine having to say that goodbye!

Thank you all!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter