Family of 6

Every room I've ever stayed in the CR has had a connecting door to the room next door. I've stayed in 8 different rooms, "lucky" I guess.

My Dreams Unlimited travel agent told me that little nugget of info, so I do believe it is true. The Contemporary is also the one resort I have stayed at that did not meet our request for connecting rooms.:( Another reason I believe it.

It also depends on when you are going. I've done the math for many different choices for our family (2 adults, 6 kids, 1 infant). We are going during free dining, so getting 2 value rooms is the cheapest for us. Renting DVC points is not cheaper. Getting a villa or suite (other than ASMusic, maybe) is not cheaper (even renting DVC points it is still $325/night for the cheapest room big enough for us). During FD, you pay rack rate, so value is the cheapest. Even with a 30% room discount off a villa or deluxe, 2 value rooms is still cheaper. We also looked into Windsor Hills. Yes, per night it is cheaper, but after the cleaning fee, parking fees, and food for 8 people for 10 days, we would only be saving at most $500. It's worth the $500 to us to stay on property and get free dining. It's also worth not having to get 7 kids in and out of the vehicle 2-4 times per day, especially since we still have 4 in car seats.

I think when it all comes down to it, you just do what is best for YOUR family. If you want cheapest and are going during free dining, go value....or moderate if you don't want QSDP.

We are 5 people and just booked a wilderness cabin that sleeps 6 for the last week of sept. $213 a night

:thumbsup2 That's what I would do, also. Might be slightly more expensive than two value rooms, but there's no comparison. FW is so much nicer than staying at All Stars or Pop, and you have the option of cooking to save some money!

Jim

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter