• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Family of 6 dining, etc. with Covid restrictions

Volgal77

Earning My Ears
Hi there! We are heading to Aulani and Maui for a couple of weeks at the end of May. I'm trying to firm up some of our plans, but keep reading about there being a limit of 5 people per party at restaurants, shops, beaches, etc. How does that work when you have a family larger than 5 people? I'd love to hear of any larger families that have traveled recently and what their experience was regarding those polices. I'm hoping things will improve and be in tier 3 or 4 by then, but just want to be prepared. Thanks for any insight you can offer!

Your family will be split up and seated at two different tables. The restaurant will ask you to provide a phone number or email for contact tracing.

The good news is that 10% of the state's population has been vaccinated, the numbers are dropping, and there's reasonable hope that we'll be in tier 3 by then.

Your family will be split up and seated at two different tables. The restaurant will ask you to provide a phone number or email for contact tracing.

The good news is that 10% of the state's population has been vaccinated, the numbers are dropping, and there's reasonable hope that we'll be in tier 3 by then.

Thanks so much for the info! We'll have plan A, B, and C just in case! Fingers crossed that things will keep heading in the right direction. I'd love to support the restaurants, and putting my kids at a separate table does sound kind of nice :laughing:, but can't see paying to have dinner with only half of my family.

I saw that Blangiardi stated today that Oahu would be in Tier 2 until March 15th, unless metrics merited a move to Tier 3, which would require the 7-day Oahu case rate to be 50 or below on 2 consecutive Wednesdays. If there isn't a big bump in cases over the next couple of weeks (I think I saw that the 7-day average today was 39), then it is very possible that Oahu could be in Tier 3 by the first of March, which would allow 10 people together.

Look at us here—Tide and Vols bonding over Hawaii like civilized folks!! 🤣🤣🤣 Roll Tide FROM TN, y’all! Best of luck in your trip planning! 2022 for us!

I saw that Blangiardi stated today that Oahu would be in Tier 2 until March 15th, unless metrics merited a move to Tier 3, which would require the 7-day Oahu case rate to be 50 or below on 2 consecutive Wednesdays. If there isn't a big bump in cases over the next couple of weeks (I think I saw that the 7-day average today was 39), then it is very possible that Oahu could be in Tier 3 by the first of March, which would allow 10 people together.
Then I'd just need it to stay that way!! Fingers crossed!! :shamrock:

Look at us here—Tide and Vols bonding over Hawaii like civilized folks!! 🤣🤣🤣 Roll Tide FROM TN, y’all! Best of luck in your trip planning! 2022 for us!
Funny thing about that. I wore an Alabama shirt one day last time I was there, and I swear, just about everyone I talked to that day “claimed” to be related to Tua Tagovailoa!

Last edited:
Funny thing about that. I wore an Alabama shirt one day last time I was there, and I swear, just about everyone I talked to that day “claimed” to be related to Tua Tagovailoa!
We met TWO other groups of Bama folks on top of Diamond Head alone! And you know there’s not room up there for that many people! And then later in our trip, at Paradise Cove luau, we actually met some folks who were college friends of current friends of mine, who I didn’t know in college even though we were there at the same time! It really IS a small world!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter