Family meals.........

We sit down at the table for a meal 7 days a week, but my kids are 2, 5, 7, 8, and 10. Sometimes it's sandwiches or frozen pizza and other times it's a meal cooked from scratch. Aside from the family interaction, it also helps me make sure that my kids are getting something healthy.

HenDuck said:
Breakfast - the only one who really eats breakfast is DS and that's Eggos, so I don't really count that as cooking.

You mean making Eggos isn't cooking?? :confused3 Since when? Darn!!! Guess I can't use that as an excuse anymore. :rotfl:

DH cooks for a living and still likes to cook at home. Our kids have moved out but they come over often. They usually come for dinner!! :lmao:

I have a dairy allergy (not lactose intolerant) and eating out is a challenge for me. Eating at home is much easier. One of us cooks every night, once in a while he'll bring home dinner from our restaurant.

My kids were responsible to make their own lunches when they were in school. I worked a lot of nights back then so that was their way of helping out.

I cook every meal except 1 meal and that is pizza on Saturday night. The kids and DH take lunches that I make. Am I super women HARDLY!!!! :rotfl2: But I do try to make good food. That may mean that the kids get the "good" chicken nuggets, pasta and a veggie one night. The next night I may cook pork chops and everything that goes with it. The next night it may be breakfast food. I think anything that I cook is good for them. I know how its made and we eat together. (DH gets home later and the kids eat their bedtime snack at that time). No matter what you make as long as everyone is together thats what matters. :sunny:

My favorite meal is when we go to my MIL house. I don't have to cook and her cooking rocks!!!!

I took a new job last Aug. I think in that amount of time I have cooked may be 10 meals. I work evening shift and eat my dinner at work, so I know how you feel.

Well, my last day of work (until July 22) was yesterday. So I guess I can not use the too busy/tired bit for a while. :rotfl2:

Anyone think I can get away with.....I'm too busy on the disboards to cook, to clean, uhm, to shower??????????

I totally believe in the 4 basic food groups when it comes to meals:
Fast, Frozen, Leftover, and Junk!! :rotfl2:

Seriously, I work full-time and my DH is a firefighter (who also plays volleyball, teaches classes, board meetings, etc) who is not home alot. When he is home, he will cook dinner for us. When he is gone, I usually just feed the kids - soup, pasta, mac n cheese, sandwiches, salads.

I cook for our family almost everyday and eat out only twice per month at the most. I am very busy with 5 kids, my ebay business, 2 classes, blah blah blah.

My kids do help make dinner at least once a week so that helps. I also use my crockpot a lot, I have a collection of cookbooks and have a basic repertoire, and I use www.savingdinner.com , too.

I have since lost 21 lbs of baby weight. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter