Family Friendly Dinner ideas

happily single

Left foot first!
Hi all. I will be cooking dinner(s) for a family in the neighborhood tomorrow for them to eat Tuesday. Two adults and three kids (toddler, preschool and 1st grade). I’ve already made beef stew and Mac and cheese for them.

I’d like something that is easy to reheat and goes well with green beans. I found recipe for green beans with fresh lemon and parmesan cheese. Any ideas?

My kids liked a chicken and rice casserole at that age. I've forgotten the exact recipe but I cut up chicken breasts in to bite-sized pieces, The rice is mixed with a "cream of ...whatever..". soup thinned with milk. (If you are a real cook, you could do a bechamel sauce instead.) Add some grated Parmesan cheese. Then it's all mixed together in casserole dish, salt/pepper and baked. I'm sure you can Google exact recipe. Would be good with green beans.

Last edited:
My kids liked sautéed or roasted green beans with nothing besides salt. A squirt of lemon juice sounds like a nice finish. 🙂

Hi all. I will be cooking dinner(s) for a family in the neighborhood tomorrow for them to eat Tuesday. Two adults and three kids (toddler, preschool and 1st grade). I’ve already made beef stew and Mac and cheese for them.

I’d like something that is easy to reheat and goes well with green beans. I found recipe for green beans with fresh lemon and parmesan cheese. Any ideas?
That's really nice of you!

Home-made chicken tenders would probably be a hit with the kids, and definitely go well with green beans. Maybe cornbread mini-muffins with it?

In my area, chicken cutlets are a staple (breaded and fried). They are very versatile.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter