Fall/Fall Advantage 2008

I have another question:rolleyes1

Can cps work in the world showcase? Ive had 5 years of German and was supposed to study abroad(not enough money:sad1:). I would really love to be somewhere in the Germany Pavillion. Do you guys know if regular CPs are put there, or only international students?

And BTW Thanks to all of the alumni for the great information and patience you've had answering everyones questions.

Unfortunately not. Only ICPs can work in the countries (except AA, of course).

:eek: Remember my post about waiting two and a half weeks? Guess what was waiting for me in my mailbox today.........

FALL '08 MAIN ENTRANCE OPERATIONS!!!

Still not 100%, but i'm pretty sure. I'm happy it's fall and not fall advantage. :eek:, i know. i need the two months to prepare. :lmao: Maybe patterson court will be open by then...

Congrats!!

And Patterson is due to open late May.:)

Since the CP will be my first time at WDW is there anyone that would mind "showing me the ropes" lets say. I feel so overwhelmed with WDW compared to DL. I watched Bobs Kaht cam of the MK and i was like WHOA! it looks so different! Ill have no idea whats going on. Usually at DL I know where everything is and what we should do and when. Ive looked at every little detail and took pictures near the random statues a million times. And DUCKS! I always take pictures of the ducks.

So what am I going to do at WDW. Ill be completely lost and Ill have no ducks to take pictures of. :scared: help!

Since the CP will be my first time at WDW is there anyone that would mind "showing me the ropes" lets say. I feel so overwhelmed with WDW compared to DL. I watched Bobs Kaht cam of the MK and i was like WHOA! it looks so different! Ill have no idea whats going on. Usually at DL I know where everything is and what we should do and when. Ive looked at every little detail and took pictures near the random statues a million times. And DUCKS! I always take pictures of the ducks.

So what am I going to do at WDW. Ill be completely lost and Ill have no ducks to take pictures of. :scared: help!

Ok, I am a DL girl. I live in AZ and we go at least once a year for a few days. I have been to WDW a couple times so I can tell you that they are really very different!

DL is so compact compared to WDW. You cant walk between parks, not like going from DL to DCA. Its like walking from DL to Knotts. You have to take buses or monorails or whatever. It takes a long time to park hop because you leave one park, walk to the bus or whatever, then wait for the bus or whatever and then drive to the other park. They let you off and you have to walk into the park. So its not like on your lunch break you can hop over to AK from MK for lunch or anything.

MK is a lot like DL but so different. The walkways are odd. You have to go back into the center of the park to get to the various lands. WHere DL has all the other walkways, MK was harder to get from place to place without going back into the central hub area. Look at a map and you'll see what I mean. WDW castle is AMAZING!!! Puts our little dinky DL castle to shame. I like the atmosphere better at DL, vs MK. It feels more 'authentic' if that makes sense. Main Street especially. Everything at WDW feels 'new'.

WDW is kept much cleaner, too. DL is a pretty clean place, but WDW .. I dont remember ever seeing trash.

All the parks are so different, they each have a 'bit of DL' in them, though. Its like they took the attractions at DL and spread them among the 4 WDW parks.

WDW has much better food choices. DL has very few options if you want an actual sit down meal. WDW you have many choices. Good choices, too! The resorts are awesome too. You could spend a day, or more, just going around and checking out the resorts.

Oh and Downtown Disney is HUGE compared to DLs. And there is so much to do there, not just regular shops and restaurants that you have at home.

Instead of ducks everywhere, they have these adorable little lizards. I love them!

You are going to love WDW. It's going to be a shock to you. I know it was for me the first time I went. It was so huge and so wonderful. I love DL and I try not to compare them. They are different types of places really. DL is more of a short trip destination and WDW you could stay 3 weeks and probably not do everything.

I am so excited to be working at WDW. I get to do attractions, I hope I get a fun one. I am just thrilled to be going there actually. I dont care what my job is.

There are ducks! I have MANY photos of my friend David chasing the ducks... It was one of his hobbies :-)

Never fear...you will have plenty of ducks to visit...

Be excited for the adventure and discoveries. You will have a great time!

I hope my sister gets her letter soon. Today has been 3 weeks since she interviewed!

If you arrive before I leave, I'd be happy to help you out.:)

I got in yesterday. Quick Foods and I am moving on August 18. I am so freaking excited. :woohoo:

Congrats!!

So I was planning on treating my friends who are going to the CP with me to lunch or maybe dinner at the GF the day we arrive, will we have time for it?

So I was planning on treating my friends who are going to the CP with me to lunch or maybe dinner at the GF the day we arrive, will we have time for it?

Yes, you should have time. The housing meeting is over by mid-afternoon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter