Fall Discounts

Matthew Caito

Mouseketeer
Do we think there are going to be any october 2019/november 2019 discounts that come out? if so when do they usually come out?

Id like to imagine they are going to offer room discounts at some of the resorts since ticket prices are probably going to increase again due to star wars

I would be shocked if there wasn't a single discount. They always have them, even during Christmas week.

I'm prepared to pay rack rate for my room, but it would be sweeter with one obviously.

ETA: The Christmas discounts ended on 12/25, so that very busy week between Christmas Day and New Year's has been blacked out the last few years.

Last edited:
I would be shocked if there wasn't a single discount. They always have them, even during Christmas week.

I'm prepared to pay rack rate for my room, but it would be sweeter with one obviously.

ETA: The Christmas discounts ended on 12/25, so that very busy week between Christmas Day and New Year's has been blacked out the last few years.
Which is what I think you’ll see with the opening of Star Wars. No discounts.

Do we think there are going to be any october 2019/november 2019 discounts that come out? if so when do they usually come out?

As a few have said, possibly with Galaxy Edge open there may not be. But I'm leaving you a link to Mousesavers where they show when discounts are released on their historical calendar. I'm waiting for the FL discounts to hit for our trip in June around the end of February! :cool1::jumping1:

https://www.mousesavers.com/historical-information-on-walt-disney-world-resort-discounts/

Oh! I feel silly! :rotfl2: It's been about a week since I've looked at Mousesavers! The discount is there!!!!! Think I'm going to book that room when my hubby gets paid on the 20th! I only have to pay for the first night!

Last edited:

I think there might be a few weeks where Disney puts out a Room only Discount in the fall that just happen to overlap with SWGE's opening. Not because Disney is feeling generous, but because they probably wont be ready to announce the official opening date until their after their standard discounting window opens. For Example, Disney might put out a room only discount in May for Sept-Novemeber but wont announce when SWGE opens until July. That being said, I think the availability will be so low that by the time they announce SWGE opening date, those rooms will be long gone... If you see a decent deal in the next 2-3 months snap it up now. My brother and I are taking a late November trip and I am looking to book well before summer.

Word inside the Disney cast members is that SGE may even be pushed out until December. This is coming from someone I know who works at developing some of the nighttime shows across wdw. So who Knows :)

If you are set on going Oct-Nov my suggestion is to go ahead and book a cancelable/refundable rack rate now... If a discount does come out for your dates you can book the discount then cancel the old booking.

I spend far too much time at work hunting for deals... there isn't a ton of availability to begin with on discount sites for late Fall. Pop and 2 of the 3 all stars were booked for my dates (Thanksgiving week)

You can book thru a site like orbitz.com or cheaptickets and use a promo code to get 10-15% off up to $150... Undercover Tourist also some discounts. They have less inventory than booking thru Disney but you can save a little bit and keep from getting shut out if no discounts happen.

If you are set on going Oct-Nov my suggestion is to go ahead and book a cancelable/refundable rack rate now... If a discount does come out for your dates you can book the discount then cancel the old booking.

I spend far too much time at work hunting for deals... there isn't a ton of availability to begin with on discount sites for late Fall. Pop and 2 of the 3 all stars were booked for my dates (Thanksgiving week)

You can book thru a site like orbitz.com or cheaptickets and use a promo code to get 10-15% off up to $150... Undercover Tourist also some discounts. They have less inventory than booking thru Disney but you can save a little bit and keep from getting shut out if no discounts happen.

What would the code be?

Any possibility that they may add a free park hopper July to September?

Thanks

Kevin

It really is simple. If resort bookings are “down” they will offer a discount. If resort bookings are “high” they won’t.

Speculation is that SWGE will drive bookings up, leading to no discounts.

Speculation is that the summer bookings are down because people are waiting until the fall to go to SWGE.

It really is simple. If resort bookings are “down” they will offer a discount. If resort bookings are “high” they won’t.

Speculation is that SWGE will drive bookings up, leading to no discounts.

Speculation is that the summer bookings are down because people are waiting until the fall to go to SWGE.

I use the BB as a means to look to probable discounts, and there was nothing offered for October or November. I booked a BB for December but really wanted an earlier date to miss GE. Frankly, I believe there may be a token FD discount offered, but it will be extremely limited.

I use the BB as a means to look to probable discounts, and there was nothing offered for October or November. I booked a BB for December but really wanted an earlier date to miss GE. Frankly, I believe there may be a token FD discount offered, but it will be extremely limited.

I also booked a BB for early December, but really wanted November. Just decided to cancel the BB and book November anyways. I don't want anything to do with SW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!