Fairytale Package Keeping Guests at Disney

DisneyLisa

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
Do you think Disney is including the UPH in this latest package to encourage guests to spend more time in their parks? If all parks are included for the entire stay, guests may not be so inclined to head to the "other" parks...more money spent on dining, souvenirs, etc. in WDW. Normally guests would use 4 or 5 days from hoppers and spend "some" days at other parks. Do you think it will be different now? Your thoughts?

Hi Lisa:

You know you could have a point there. We have passes left over from other years, so I really need a room only discount. But this one sounds good if you do the parks every day.

I actually called disneyclub to see if I could renew again but it had been longer than 6 months since my card expired and they said no.

Love the poly.

Deb.

Can't say I blame Disney at all for this awesome package.

Tourism is down, and so are Disney's profits. This package was a brilliant idea - - it will get people to Disney cheap, and keep them there to spend all the $$ they saved. Someone at Disney should get a big bonus for this one.

I have no problem at all with that :p . Disney's always been good to me, so I'm glad to help them lift their profits.

A CRO I just spoke with said, "We want your money, we're going to do all we can to help you spend it here." And I think it's going to work!! YIPPEE!!
Tara

I think it could be designed to compete with Universal crowds. We were planning on doing 5 nights at WDW and 3 at Universal. Now it has me rethinking about possibly adding on a sixth night at WDW. However our rate for Royal Pacific is $110 a night which would be cheaper than the rate at POR for this package so I probably won't change. I was really hoping for the codes for moderates for $74 a night.

when I called about this deal today, the CM asked me if we were planning on spending ALL of our time at Disney, or would we be visiting any other "tourist areas". I took this to mean that they are trying to do just that...keep us at Disney for our ENTIRE trip. I think that the goal has always been this, they have now come up with a pretty good way to do it. I mean , after all, how many people actually take off of work more than a week at a time for vacations? I know at my job ( at a hospital ) they " discourage " us from taking much more that a week at a time. :rolleyes: I like this deal, I wish they would have had it last November when we went. I am trying to figure out how to raise the money for anothe trip, but I don't really think it will happen! I got a quote of 7 nites in a FW cabin 2 ad, 3 jr, 1 ch. August 2nd-9th......grand total $2550.00!!!!!!:eek:

I think that's exactly what they're trying to do. Despite all the second guessing we do, Disney has some pretty sharp marketing people who know what they're doing.

You can't blame them for offering discounts in such a way that they can recoup some of what they "give away" in the form of discounts. This latest offer reminds me of how the Las Vegas resorts entice guests.....get them there with low prices and make your money while you have a captive audience! Not a bad idea at all.

I hope it's very successful for them. All these discounts and cut rates are very nice, but given a choice I'd rather see a thriving WDW with full park hours and services.

Hehehe
I love it when they get desperate. Now I just want them to approach our dates and give us great deals too...

I'm sure that was the idea. In fact, we were planning on being there Sat to Sat, using 2 'old' ph's with a day left on each and not doing parks for 2 of our days, maybe doing a water park with leftover pluses. So, we were going to have to buy 2 adult 4 day and 1 child 5 day ph's for this trip. And we were staying at WL. Now, with this trip, we are staying at Poly, not going to SeaWorld, going into the parks every day and for just $400 more. Just the upgrade to Poly cost $400. And we have those 'old' passes for another trip. I'm more than happy to help Disney recoup some of their money.

I love it when they get desperate. Now I just want them to approach our dates and give us great deals too...
I'm with you... I really hope this campaign works!!!! And... as a side note - congrats to everyone who got a great deal. Although some people seem to be "disappointed", I am not bitter because it doesn't apply to me.... I am happy for everyone who does benefit :D

This is Disney brilliance! For most, I think you have a vacation budget and it's going to be the same regardless of whether room rates go down. If they extend this offer to December (PLEASE!), the may get me for a second room to keep all the Disney stuff I buy with the money I "saved"!!!

Erin :D

What I don't understand is why December wasn't included in the package. My husband has a conference during the month and we were considering going.

Traditionally, the time between Thanksgiving and Christmas is their slowest time. I don't understand why not give those weeks a boost also.

I'd book tomorrow if it were in Dec.

MaryKatesMom- It's still too early for December discounts. Last year they came out in the end of July. I wouldn't worry about it. July will be here before you know it!

December's are coming up sometime.. Hopefully! That is when we're going.

Now I'm more hopeful about finding a nice deal for our trip, Dec 18-27. BUT we're still squeezing in Universal 25-27 and hoping the "battle" leaves us ahead ;)

About time Disney got off its high horse and put aside the arrogance, offering guests special treatment over and beyond lip service!

About time Disney got off its high horse and put aside the arrogance, offering guests special treatment over and beyond lip service!

I'm sorry, what arrogance are you referring to?

The arrogant attitute I perceive in keeping unbeatable offers from guests, expecting absolute and blinded loyalty, regardless. That is what. The feeling that they are unbeatable, when in fact they are as vulnerable as any other business

You see, guests are looking for value and Disney is realizing it is not the only family entertainment resource around anymore, and it has competitors to worry about. Those that were disregarded in derrogatory ways in the past are now called competitors by the company itself.

Arrogance will only keep giving it low earnings each quarter. Opening up enough to offer more will attract more people. Assuming that puny offers that can be beat by others is no guarantee for success anymore. That is my point.

Interesting. I was asking an actual question, by the way, not looking to start an argument :D .

I don't agree with your perception in that I think Disney does do a fair amount to attract and retain customers. I don't think that Disney is arrogant, or better, unjustifiably arrogant. They have an incredible product that thus far, no one can match. They can sell their product for more, because people love Disney. They have spent 50+ years building a reputation for excellence. I think that the travel industry in general is in a slump, but for the most part, Disney is keeping up with the market. I wouldn't expect them to release discounts for the rest of the year because it's only May. They need some time to determine what their capacity needs are for those months.

Arrogance will only keep giving it low earnings each quarter.

I really don't think arrogance is the reason for the slump WDW is in. They suffer from the same set of circumstances that many other businesses are suffering from, none of which are their fault.

I think Disney is learning the tough lesson that many businesses are learning. One time they offer rock bottom discounts and issue them earlier than they've ever done before and everyone expects them to continue forever.

When business gets back to "normal", and I believe eventually it will, the codes and the discounts will go away. They'll go back to offering AP rates at the last minute, if at all, and instead of the DC, the Disney Visa will probably offer some minor discounts. Then the people who visit Disney because they love it will continue to go. Those who go because it's cheap will go elsewhere. I don't have a problem with that.

Universal has been there for many years. I consider it an amusement park that stays in business because Disney is there. Take WDW away and Universal would go down the tubes. I don't know anyone who goes to Universal and just as a side trip and hits WDW because it's so close.

It would appear to me that WDW is simply trying to cut down on the business Universal enjoys due to Disney's success. This current offer may do just that. More power to them!:)

LOL

I am not one to argue for one or another, neither pays me for fanatical loyalty anyhow.

But the truth of the matter is, Disney goes to sleep it will wake up far behind in the race. Other businesses (notice I didn't mention any in particular in my previous post, you guys did) are getting ahead and offering awesome deals. Disney better catch up or keep laying people off as they watch the earnings go down... Assuming they are invincible does not seem to work anymore as it did decades ago

It is simple business

Excellence!!

Hi to all,
One can buy cut rate diamonds at many, many places, but not, I would think, at Tiffany's. We can go to a nearby Six Flags at discounted prices, but it is not Disney. We can get discounts at Universal, but it is not Disney. We can get discounted tickets for a local aquarium, but it is not Disney. We first went to WDW in the mid seventies, when one had to book at least a year in advance, and we knew of no discounts. The first time we received any money off was when we booked thru AAA in 1998, so I believe discounts on a general basis are fairly recent.

We haven't been to the World since early August of 2000 (our 6th trip). At that time there were two parades every night at the MK and fireworks every night, and looking at the schedule for this coming July - when we will be there - the parade is only once and not every night; the same with the fireworks. MK was open most nights until Midnight.

If the fairytail package brings hordes of people to the World, I, for one will be very happy. My bride of these many years is a teacher and we can only go when it is crowded, so that doesn't bother us. Bring on the crowds!! Bring on the later hours!! Bring on the food!! Let's have some fun!!! Bob

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter