Fairy Tale Suite report and pics

DizMe

Here we gooooo...
I was lucky enough to be able to stay 2 nights in the Fairy Tale suite in September with some DIS buddies I met through this forum! Disneyluvr2, tinkcollector and I had the room and lcasa joined us for champagne and fireworks viewing :goodvibes.

The suite is on the top floor of the Adventure tower, overlooking the parks and DTD. It is a corner suite and directly next door to the concierge lounge. In fact, booking the suite gets you concierge privileges, which is not often mentioned.

When you first come down the hall toward the room, you see a couple of steps going up to a fancy door. A plaque announces that you've arrived at the Fairy Tale Suite. We decided to do it right and brought tiaras...which we ended up wearing every day for 3 days!
2012-09-09100152.jpg

After you enter the suite you find yourself in a tiled foyer that has a beautiful inlaid mosaic in the center of the floor.
2012-09-09174343.jpg

In the foyer there is a coffee area and closets on one wall
2012-09-09174218.jpg

a picture
2012-09-09191316.jpg

and 3 recessed glass-encased niches with figures from Sleeping Beauty (or Cinderella?) and Beauty and the Beast plus a gorgeous blown-glass castle in the middle.
2012-09-09191326.jpg

The big surprise is that, after you close the door, Tinkerbell actually flies out of the picture and over to the niches, where she lights up the castle with her wand! There is music and sound effects. It's awesome!!
http://s48.beta.photobucket.com/user/Twinkleberries/media/video-2012-09-09-19-16-10_zpsc40a77b1.mp4.html

Heading into the room, you're greeted with a fabulous sight!
2012-09-09173801.jpg

They even had balloons waiting for us since it was disneyluvr2's birthday.
It's a gorgeous room with a beautiful canopy bed as the centerpiece. The carpet is real silk, too!
2012-09-09173817.jpg

2012-09-09173542.jpg

2012-09-09173452.jpg

The room includes a little desk area
2012-09-09173617.jpg

A chaise, table and chairs and bureau. With the touch of a button, a TV rises up out of the bureau and includes a video player.
2012-09-09173600.jpg

So much fun! They even gave us a fruit bowl...that included some fancy things besides the usual apples, bananas and oranges.
2012-09-09173356.jpg

We were able to tour the Disney Studios, visit Walt's memorial garden at Forest Lawn, and dine at Walt's favorite table in his favorite restaurant, the Tam O'Shanter! And THIS is what we came back to...more magic. We ran next door to the concierge lounge and got champagne (they had goodies too, but we passed on those) and watched the fireworks from our room.
2012-09-08202514.jpg

Lounge:
2012-09-09180110.jpg

All that fun can wear you out!
2012-09-08220014.jpg

You have a great view from the suite, too.
2012-09-10143237.jpg

2012-09-10143215.jpg

Guess what? The bathroom is incredible! You can touch a button and in the center mirror, a TV appears!
2012-09-09233436.jpg

2012-09-09233348.jpg

There's a big steam shower
2012-09-09174126.jpg

Jacuzzi tub with mosaic tile castle
2012-09-09174151.jpg

and a little potty room that includes a bidet
2012-09-09174138.jpg

They have the softest thickest velvety robes you can imagine! Everything--lights, curtains, drapes, TVs, you name it--operates with remotes. In the bathroom, the vanity tops actually glitter with lights. Somehow, they have lights under the granite stuff that twinkle.

The service was incredible, the place was fantastic, and we had such a great time! The only glitch we experienced was that our shower water wasn't hot enough. The maintenance guys came and fixed it so it was better but still not as hot as I like it, but turning on the steam made it great!

Princess DizMe:
2012-09-08220253.jpg

I didn't want to leave!!!!
2012-09-10085837.jpg

Ok, that's it!

Wow, that room looks amazing, especially the tub area with the castle mosaic and the domed ceiling art above. I wonder if I could recreate that in my bathroom. Probably not.

Wow- what an amazing experience! Thanks for sharing the pictures. Glad you all got to enjoy such a beautiful room.

These are the best photos of the suite I've seen so far. Such a beautiful room. Now I'll be dreaming about the Dream Suite and the Princess Suite. LOVE that they have Tink flying and the music. Reminds me of the little 45rpm records when I was a kid. And the mosaic above the tub! Just WOW!

Thank you for sharing! :)

You decide to tell me about this AFTER my trip???? :-) LOVE all the pictures and explanations....and I guess now you have given me a reason to return!! :lmao:

Thank you so much Dizme for posting these pics! (You ladies look FABULOUS by the way!)These are indeed the BEST photos for this suite I have seen and definitely puts my mind at ease for booking 3 nights in it for my Ultimate DL-WDW trip! That suite is just to die for! Me and my friend Trish are HUGE Disney fanatics and will truly be able to appreciate this, especially all the fine details. Now I am going to try more than ever to keep checking to see if 1 of the 2 dates I want in September open for me to take my mom! She would just die!!! Thanks again!!

Ahhhh!! Thanks for posting the memories Dizme!! I wish I could go back, but I'm so happy that I got to experience that amazing room when we went!! It was absolutely, magically amazing!!!

Thanks for sharing! I love it. Showed my husband the pics, and I kept going on how cool it is. Our 25th anniversary is in 2015, I wonder if I dropped enough hints:lmao: We went to DL and stayed at a good neighbour hotel for our honeymoon, years ago. I think this would be a fitting anniversary trip.:bride:pirate:

Wow! Wow! WOW!!:cheer2:

Thanks for sharing the great pics of this incredible suite.... now to convince DH for our next trip.:scratchin

How did you go about setting up the reservation at Tom O'Shanter and getting Walt's table? Did the concierge do this for you or did you do this yourselves? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter