Fairfield inn or grand legacy

BlueSuitDonald

Mouseketeer
If you had to choose between these two, which would you choose? Is there much difference between distance to entrance of parks? Which one is nicer? Do both have corridors that open to the outside? Any info would be helpful! Thanks

GL doesn't have hallways, which in places like Ca, I vastly prefer.
We last stayed at FFI 30+ years ago so cant tell you much about it other than it was nice then! Looking at reviews, people mention doors opening to the outside.

I havent stayed at the grand legacy but have stayed at FFI multiple times, most recently April 2019 and staying there again next month. The rooms are nice, clean, fairly spacious and definitely hit marriott standards, I think. It is "motel style" so you ride the elevator and walk outside to your room. Pool is pretty small if that matters to you and I felt like the pizza hut that was in house closed way too early, but that was my only real complaint.

I have stayed at both. Fairfield is farther away. Both do not have interior hallways. I would say Fairfield might be slightly nicer, however it isn't the nicest Marriott hotel. The Grand Legacy is a much easier walk. Neither hotel has breakfast included, but the Grand Legacy has a "snack" bag they hand out by the pool every morning. It includes a bottle of water, a granola bar, apple and cheese and crackers (the packaged kind). They do let you take multiple bags, which I appreciated the bottled water to take to the park. Both are clean and have decent beds. Honestly, I'd stay at whichever one is cheapest.

I Love the Grand Legacy. I've been staying there since it was the Ramada Maingate at the Park. The walk isn't bad at all maybe 10 minutes max (probably longer with younger kids).

I have stayed at both. Fairfield is farther away. Both do not have interior hallways. I would say Fairfield might be slightly nicer, however it isn't the nicest Marriott hotel. The Grand Legacy is a much easier walk. Neither hotel has breakfast included, but the Grand Legacy has a "snack" bag they hand out by the pool every morning. It includes a bottle of water, a granola bar, apple and cheese and crackers (the packaged kind). They do let you take multiple bags, which I appreciated the bottled water to take to the park. Both are clean and have decent beds. Honestly, I'd stay at whichever one is cheapest.

That's kind of unusual. It sounds like it was rebranded from something else. The Fairfield Inn brand standard is for a free breakfast and every one I've stayed in had breakfast included and hallways. We stayed at the Fairfield Inn Buena Park (they also call it "North Anaheim" hint hint) and they had an included breakfast. It's right there on the front page that breakfast is included except for the "Asia Pacific Region".

https://fairfield.marriott.com
But then there's the big disclaimer:

No complimentary breakfast at this hotel.
The Fairfield Inn Anaheim Resort does not offer complimentary breakfast. Enjoy a variety of food and beverage options on the 3rd floor featuring The Market, Pizza Hut Express, Seattle's Best Coffee, and with Panera Bread right here at our Fairfield Inn Anaheim Resort.​

We stayed at the Fairfield Inn last week. The rooms were clean and updated. Corridors do open to the outside. Nice showers and comfy beds. Lots of pillows. Very close to the park, 5-10 minutes walk depending on how fast you walk. As others have stated there is no breakfast. My biggest criticism is, on the first night, I found it quite noisey. I could hear the next room flushing their toilet and upstairs walking around. However I didn’t notice it on other nights probably because I was too tired from long days at Disneyland. Anyway, we have stayed there in the past and would do so again.

I have stayed at the FFI once and the Grand Legacy about a dozen times, and I am a Marriot Bonvoy member. Now our stay at the FFI was over a decade ago, but we never went back. The Grand is a lot closer and much quieter. There is a night club on the 5th floor of the main building. I have always requested to be away from the main building and have never heard any noise from a room. I have even stayed in the room closest to the valet area and the main road and never heard any noise.

I don't remember what it was before it was rebranded, but all of the rooms have been updated over the last couple of years. Nothing super fancy, clean, close, and I find the beds to be above average comfortable for a motel. They do give a discount for AP holders (~10%) and previous guests (~5%). As said above, no hot breakfast, but there is a snack bag. Typically it has an apple, granola bar, cheese, and a bottle of water.

Staying at the Grand again at the end of the month. If you bring a car, parking can be tight at times, but they do valet-same price as parking yourself-I think it was like $14/day.

Are there any non-Disney hotels that have indoor corridors that are close to entrance?
The newest building at Grand Legacy where the suites are has indoor corridors. Otherwise within close walking distance, there's Hojo's and Courtyard Theme Park Entrance. If you don't mind a 10+ minute walk, you have more options including Desert Palms, Hyatt House and Springhill.

Are there any non-Disney hotels that have indoor corridors that are close to entrance?

What is the aversion to outdoor corridors?...security?

At the FFI you can only access the levels through the hotel lobby elevator and I would argue is more secure than an enclosed corridor as it is much more visible to all.

How close are the courtyard and Hojo? I don’t mind them. My husband prefers corridors
Courtyard is next to Fairfield, Hojo is across the street from Courtyard, both about a 10 min walk. In all honesty, I prefer indoor corridors too (I usually only stay at Hilton or Hyatt properties), but at DL, I am completely willing to stay at an older motel for the sake of convenience. All of the motels along Harbor have been updated and are far from dumpy ghetto type places. It is so nice to be able to be back in your room within 5 minutes and save your walking for inside the parks. We like Tropicana, Park Vue, and the Best Westerns.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter