Fact or Fiction

pinkerbell

FREE DDP 06, 07, 08, 09 & 10!!
Lights Motor Action out Cars Land In

Cars Land Out Star wars land in

Festival of Lion King out Avitar Land in

Feel free to chime in with any news you may have :)

:goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

FOTLK is moving to Africa. So it IS being moved because of Avatarland but it's not "out".

Anyone know if FOTLK will be the same show or not - I really love it - :thumbsup2 but some peole may be getting tired of it

and I was kinda hoping Cars land was coming in -:scratchin

I heard a rumor FOTLK, as we know it, is closing early Jan 2014. For a fact, they are building a new FOTLK facility behind Tusker House. I have only heard rumors about Avatarland. However, the large amount of space vacated by FOTLK could mean it's being set aside for something big (like Avatarland?).

Re: "Lights Motor Action out Cars Land In." I heard this rumor. Then I heard a new rumor that the first rumor was wrong. Meanwhile, the Backlot tour is undergoing refurb from Jan to March 2014, and a Cars Land would most likely involve that space, too.

I heard a rumor FOTLK, as we know it, is closing early Jan 2014.

Fact: FotLK closes on January 5, 2014. It's the last day of performances for the current cast. In Summer 2014, FotLK opens with a new cast in a new/updated show.

Last I heard Cars Land is out and Star Wars land is in,which is fine with me as long as they make an actual "Land" and not some lame,tiny section.With that said I still think they need some other new attractions to go along with Star Wars.The Monsters Inc. indoor coaster has been rumored for what seems like a decade but I would love to see a Muppets dark ride,which is something that has never been rumored before but I would love to see.

With Disney's investment in Star Wars I think a Star Wars themed land is almost a guarantee. Avatarland...I wouldn't bet on that until we see if the franchise has legs(i.e. a sequel or two that are hugely successful). Speaking of franchises, not sure if "Cars" is one. Original movie was cute, but the sequel... Millenials are becoming dis-interested in automobiles, who knows if their children will feel the same? The upside to that is perhaps they'll be forced to come up with something cool to replace the Tomorrowland Speedway:duck:

I heard a rumor FOTLK, as we know it, is closing early Jan 2014. For a fact, they are building a new FOTLK facility behind Tusker House. I have only heard rumors about Avatarland. However, the large amount of space vacated by FOTLK could mean it's being set aside for something big (like Avatarland?).

Re: "Lights Motor Action out Cars Land In." I heard this rumor. Then I heard a new rumor that the first rumor was wrong. Meanwhile, the Backlot tour is undergoing refurb from Jan to March 2014, and a Cars Land would most likely involve that space, too.

Avatar isn't a rumor. Disney has released concept sketches and information a few weeks ago.

Avatar isn't a rumor. Disney has released concept sketches and information a few weeks ago.

Did they mention a ground-breaking date? I'm just skeptical that Disney would install an attraction--much less an entire land/area--based on a movie that could turn out to be a one-hit wonder. Disney plans attractions they believe will be popular for years, maybe decades. Imagine an Avatarland opening in a couple of years and the second movie is a total stiff. OTOH, I guess they did open a land at DLR based on Cars, and the jury is out on whether it has legs. Or tread.:earsboy:

did they mention a ground-breaking date? I'm just skeptical that disney would install an attraction--much less an entire land/area--based on a movie that could turn out to be a one-hit wonder. Disney plans attractions they believe will be popular for years, maybe decades. Imagine an avatarland opening in a couple of years and the second movie is a total stiff. Otoh, i guess they did open a land at dlr based on cars, and the jury is out on whether it has legs. Or tread.:earsboy:

There's been about two dozen threads on the Avatar land expansion and how people just didn't love the movie(I fell asleep in the theater),as well as why is Disney investing in such a project.My opinion is that even though I am not a fan of the movie I can still enjoy the area and attractions if they're well done.They definitely have something to work from because even though I found the movie dull the landscapes and atmosphere could turn out tremendous in a theme park.The land is coming guaranteed,they've even showed what the attractions will likely be from the art they've put out.One attraction appears to be a boat ride and the other one a Soarin style ride flying through the planet.

I think its pretty cool. Not a fan of the movie, but Disney is superbly skilled in bringing imagination to life. Please fellow Dis'ers, don't forget that :)
I am very excited to see Disney work its magic and have us enter the world of Avatar. I have a feeling janitors will be in high demand on opening day.. cleaning up all the minds Disney is going to blow!

I thought cars land was a fact. They made so much money in California it only made sense to bring it to Florida. It's supposed to be in HS. Avatarland is a fact too. I could care less about Avatar though.

I thought cars land was a fact. They made so much money in California it only made sense to bring it to Florida. It's supposed to be in HS. Avatarland is a fact too. I could care less about Avatar though.

Avatar is under development by Disney, who has said so--making it a fact. CarsLand has had no such official acknowledgement--making it fiction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter