Facebook Jail

I’ve never gone to FB jail but I did get muted in a group for 3 days for posting a recipe for ugly dip. Apparently they thought I was calling someone ugly or something like that but that’s literally the name of the recipe.
Yea I got muted for 24 hours from the DIS Facebook group a couple months ago for seemingly no reason. They said I advertised something, when the only recent post I had was telling someone that the parks were opening before official open (with no link posted). Tried contacting a few different admin with no response. So just brushed it off, not unexpected though unfortunately. That was directly from moderators/admin though, not FB itself.

Not referring to anyone here, but I find it comical that some people I know were “leaving Facebook! Leaving!” Censorship and all that. Only to come back a couple months later. To be honest, it was nice while some of them were gone. Others I have “hidden” anyway so it was no big deal to me. I do know some who have left or rarely get on anymore, but didn’t feel the need to make a big proclamation about it. So many just want attention or have a distorted sense of self importance.

I never ever ever go on my ring app comments section People are insane. If the mail man walks across their lawn, they are outraged. And every car is “suspicious”

By me every loud sound is "it that gunshots" "gunshots!" " Shots fired"- like we live someplace where gunshots are an everyday occurance! They are crazy, typically it is fireworks or just a loud car!!

I stopped using FB over a year ago and it was one of the best choices I have made. But when I did have it I made sure to ONLY have my closest friends and family. No "associates" such as long lost friends that I barely spoke to, no co-workers or friends of friends. Once I pruned my list I only had about 20 people left. But even then I didn't see the point, I don't want to see every little thing people's kids do. I don't if they pet a horse, or said something "funny" and anytime someone did posts they expected a like. And if you didn't... they got offended. I won't even get into religion and politics.

Last edited:
Not to be harsh due to some liking it but I feel like it's a scourge on society and brings out the worst in people.

What would you have said if you weren’t trying to be harsh? :)

Personally, I love Facebook. I’m not picky on who I have as friends but I am very quick to hide people. What I’ve ended up with is a wonderful, positive place for me to go at the end of the day to relax. I especially love seeing some of the people I went to school with to see what they are up to. I love seeing where people travel, what their kids are doing and things of that nature.

I can certainly understand why many people don’t like it but as with everything else it is what you make of it.

Here's a REALLY frustrating thing that happens way too often on FB! I'm a member of a couple of private groups for breast cancer survivors and members there keep getting photos removed or even get sent to FB jail for posting pictures of breast reconstruction even though Facebook explicitly allows them! People in the groups think that they were removed because a member reported them but it is typically just the algorithm that removes them.

Does Facebook allow post-mastectomy photos?

Yes. We agree that undergoing life-changing experience and that sharing photos can help raise awareness about breast cancer and support the men and women facing a diagnosis, undergoing treatment or living with the scars of cancer. The vast majority of these kinds of photos are compliant with our policies.

I have served a 30 day sentence for calling someone a witch (replace a letter) after she threatened to kill my family for an anti-Trump comment I made. She reported my comment and it got me a 30 day ban. I reported her comment and she got nothing. She was back to commenting minutes later. Just goes to show how skewed the FB algorithm is.

Last edited:
I've never been in Facebook jail. I had a comment removed once that I didn't understand why it was removed (I didn't even know what the comment was).

But I did get banned from Gettr.

I have served a 30 day sentence for calling someone a witch (replace a letter) after she threatened to kill my family for an anti-Trump comment I made. She reported my comment and it got me a 30 day ban. I reported her comment and she got nothing. She was back to commenting minutes later. Just goes to show how skewed the FP algorithm is.
View attachment 592705

I can't count the number of times I've reported threats or slurs only to be told they didn't breach Facebook's community standards.

What would you have said if you weren’t trying to be harsh? :)

Personally, I love Facebook. I’m not picky on who I have as friends but I am very quick to hide people. What I’ve ended up with is a wonderful, positive place for me to go at the end of the day to relax. I especially love seeing some of the people I went to school with to see what they are up to. I love seeing where people travel, what their kids are doing and things of that nature.

I can certainly understand why many people don’t like it but as with everything else it is what you make of it.

My entire "blight" perspective roots from some of the horrible things the platform itself has caused over time. Which in my opinion has never been a good thing for society. But social media in general has evolved more from "look at my baby" and "what are you doing this weekend", to more major issues that have altered the landscape of society (politics, covid, bullying,stalking etc). If people overall would just sit around with a handful of friends and post vacation photo's it would be one thing. Sadly overall today I feel like social media is doing more harm than good overall. Obviously not everyone is having bad experiences though like yourself.

Last edited:
I've never been in FB jail. I have had posts removed or comments removed. One was from a group that in the rules it says no explicit language. I'd responded with "oh S (other word for poop) I never even thought of that!" bc it never occurred to me that that was explicit. Cuss word, probably, but not explicit lol. On April1st last year I shared a "letter" I'd sent to my BFF's teenage daughter that looked like it came from the school saying how since the last quarter of the year didn't happen and they couldn't do state testing they would have to repeat the year. I'd found the letter on FB to begin with. In my post I said "Don't believe every thing you see on April 1st" and told about how I'd pranked her with it. It got removed for false information lol. Like I clearly said it was a prank.

I do agree that many times it appears that what is removed or fact checked on FB seems to have a political bias. My biggest issue is that when the gov't steps in and starts having a say in what can and cannot be posted, it's a slippery slope. I can understand it, and some things prob should be removed. But it's more the gov't telling private companies what they can and cannot allow people to say that I disagree with.

Also you can be on FB without oversharing. Due to my job, there is not a single identifying picture of me on my fb, nor would you ever be able to tell where I work from my fb posts. For the life of me, I cannot understand why ppl feel the need to put their DOB, town they live in, where they work, etc right there in their profile. Then post when they are on vacation like hey come rob my house!! Or they have all this info about their job, and post something in a fb group that makes someone angry, and that person decides to go call their job and make stuff up or say "oh look what this person said!! Fire them!!" I've seen this in one of my crafting groups. There is legit a person who doesn't even live in the same country and will purposely post something mean and when everyone else in the group jumps on her telling her she's a horrible person for doing the thing she did she deletes her original comment and screen shots everything to make herself look like the victim. Then she emails peoples places of employment to harass them or try to get them in trouble like " hey I just thought you should know about the kind of person you have working for you, see how mean she is?" And when she gets banned she comes back with a new name. I have lots of friends on fb and I post all the time, but never my kids names, or school, nor the town we live in or anything about work. Lots of ppl need to learn to to that.

Here's a REALLY frustrating thing that happens way too often on FB! I'm a member of a couple of private groups for breast cancer survivors and members there keep getting photos removed or even get sent to FB jail for posting pictures of breast reconstruction even though Facebook explicitly allows them! People in the groups think that they were removed because a member reported them but it is typically just the algorithm that removes them.
I suppose they get away with it because it says "The vast majority" rather than saying all but who knows. I think that is something that has changed with society's perception too in which we are embracing that more and more. Same with the breast feeding that is above that question in their "Policies" part.

The thing I found interesting is it said on their policies part that for breast feeding "Please note that the photos we review are almost exclusively brought to our attention by other Facebook members who complain about them being shared on Facebook." I'd guess that most people in a private breast cancer survivor group wouldn't report each other for posting photos but I think it could be possible. I'd error on the side of what you said about the algorithm though. It would be helpful if the people could appeal/figure out what exactly is triggering it because if some photos are fine but many others aren't what is the algorithm picking up on or if people are reporting it what makes the ones removed..well removable.

One was from a group that in the rules it says no explicit language. I'd responded with "oh S (other word for poop) I never even thought of that!" bc it never occurred to me that that was explicit. Cuss word, probably, but not explicit lol.
I think they are usually considered one and the same when it comes to not being allowed. I think of it like CDs where you had explicit lyrics and a warning was labeled. It can cover descriptions or profanity and more so that's probably why the group said explicit language. That's my best guess.

I've never been in FB jail. I have had posts removed or comments removed. One was from a group that in the rules it says no explicit language. I'd responded with "oh S (other word for poop) I never even thought of that!" bc it never occurred to me that that was explicit. Cuss word, probably, but not explicit lol. On April1st last year I shared a "letter" I'd sent to my BFF's teenage daughter that looked like it came from the school saying how since the last quarter of the year didn't happen and they couldn't do state testing they would have to repeat the year. I'd found the letter on FB to begin with. In my post I said "Don't believe every thing you see on April 1st" and told about how I'd pranked her with it. It got removed for false information lol. Like I clearly said it was a prank.

I do agree that many times it appears that what is removed or fact checked on FB seems to have a political bias. My biggest issue is that when the gov't steps in and starts having a say in what can and cannot be posted, it's a slippery slope. I can understand it, and some things prob should be removed. But it's more the gov't telling private companies what they can and cannot allow people to say that I disagree with.

Also you can be on FB without oversharing. Due to my job, there is not a single identifying picture of me on my fb, nor would you ever be able to tell where I work from my fb posts. For the life of me, I cannot understand why ppl feel the need to put their DOB, town they live in, where they work, etc right there in their profile. Then post when they are on vacation like hey come rob my house!! Or they have all this info about their job, and post something in a fb group that makes someone angry, and that person decides to go call their job and make stuff up or say "oh look what this person said!! Fire them!!" I've seen this in one of my crafting groups. There is legit a person who doesn't even live in the same country and will purposely post something mean and when everyone else in the group jumps on her telling her she's a horrible person for doing the thing she did she deletes her original comment and screen shots everything to make herself look like the victim. Then she emails peoples places of employment to harass them or try to get them in trouble like " hey I just thought you should know about the kind of person you have working for you, see how mean she is?" And when she gets banned she comes back with a new name. I have lots of friends on fb and I post all the time, but never my kids names, or school, nor the town we live in or anything about work. Lots of ppl need to learn to to that.
We have a guy in our town, he’s the town busybody. And he takes great pride in having gotten people fired from their jobs by submitting a screen shot of something said to their employer. He had opinions about everything and runs and political and restaurant page. He belittles the staff, and posts about it. He’s really a jerk.

I think they are usually considered one and the same when it comes to not being allowed. I think of it like CDs where you had explicit lyrics and a warning was labeled. It can cover descriptions or profanity and more so that's probably why the group said explicit language. That's my best guess.
I just don't generally consider anything I can hear on network tv as explicit

I just don't generally consider anything I can hear on network tv as explicit
Well that's an opinion :flower3: but I can see how the group doesn't see it that way.

If you're talking about network tv they have limitations like saying a word only once or twice and other words completely bleeped out and you can only show this part of the body but not that part and certain scenes edited out. It doesn't mean they don't consider it all part of explicit content. It works the same with ratings on tv and movies. I do understand where you're coming from.

I can't count the number of times I've reported threats or slurs only to be told they didn't breach Facebook's community standards.

FB actually responded and said those comments were acceptable? I don’t know how it works since I’ve never reported a post on FB. If something didn’t violate their standards I would think they would just leave them posted and not respond to you.

I was once banned from some old message board about TV shows because I refused to kiss the moderator’s butt at least once a week. TV Without Pity or something like that. She apparently demanded posters acknowledge her magnificence weekly by applauding something she wrote. I forgot what reason she invented for my banishment.

FB actually responded and said those comments were acceptable? I don’t know how it works since I’ve never reported a post on FB. If something didn’t violate their standards I would think they would just leave them posted and not respond to you.

I was once banned from some old message board about TV shows because I refused to kiss the moderator’s butt at least once a week. TV Without Pity or something like that. She apparently demanded posters acknowledge her magnificence weekly by applauding something she wrote. I forgot what reason she invented for my banishment.
The responses are canned responses and automated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter