Face coverings required again indoors

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I have read said it spiked in places where vaccine rates are high, up,to 70%. Not the case in the US.
Not entirely true. Delta spiked in India and in the UK. Two countries with very different vaccination rates. India’s vaccination rate at the end of Mar (beginning of spike) was less than 4% of the population with 1 shot, and 0.5% fully vaccinated. When the cases began to drop towards the end of May 2021 those numbers had grown to 12% with 1 shot and 3% fully vaccinated. In comparison at the end of May 2021 (beginning of UK spike), the UK had 59% with 1 shot and 38% fully vaccinated. When the cases began to drop (in the past week or two) those numbers had grown to 70% with 1 shot and 56% fully vaccinated. So two very different climates in terms of vaccination, but a similar boom and bust pattern for delta.

Here’s hoping the US follows a similar pattern and that the new mask guidance helps speed along the “bust” case drop.

Not entirely true. Delta spiked in India and in the UK. Two countries with very different vaccination rates. India’s vaccination rate at the end of Mar (beginning of spike) was less than 4% of the population with 1 shot, and 0.5% fully vaccinated. When the cases began to drop towards the end of May 2021 those numbers had grown to 12% with 1 shot and 3% fully vaccinated. In comparison at the end of May 2021 (beginning of UK spine), the UK had 59% with 1 shot and 38% fully vaccinated. When the cases began to drop (in the past week or two) those numbers had grown to 70% with 1 shot and 56% fully vaccinated. So two very different climates in terms of vaccination, but a similar boom and bust pattern for delta.

Here’s hoping the US follows a similar pattern and that the new mask guidance helps speed along the “bust” case drop.

Thanks for the clarification. The UK 70% number is what I was remembering.

If you do not like wearing a mask there is a simple solution...
My parents are going in Sept they are happy... they were getting worried with low vaccination rates in FL and the high spread of the delta variant that of course happens in low vaccinated places. They love that Disney follows CDC guidelines.

If they're packing people in, shoulder to shoulder, with no distancing of any kind, how is a mask going to make any sort of difference?

“They” aren’t packing anyone in. People are standing in long lines after paying lots of money and entering voluntarily. During a pandemic. If they’re worried they should mask. But don’t make other people.

Thanks for the clarification. The UK 70% number is what I was remembering.
Here in Canada we have a similar vaccination rate to the UK. We’re a bit ahead but not much. We have very little delta variant here because our government shut off direct flights to/from India and Pakistan for 2 months. We also have mask mandates in most provinces and they are keeping the variants and cases in general at very low/declining levels. The difference in protection between partial vaccination and full vaccination when it comes to delta is massive.

I’m very happy to see Disney reinstating indoor masks. If masks have been the gold standatnd protecting our nurses, doctors, surgeons, hospitals, patients from infectious diseases and viruses….for years, without distancing, then it’s good enough for me. It will help protect people while full vaccination rates increase.

I’m heading to the Word on Sunday, and I am a bit bummed. However I’m glad they aren’t required outdoors!

My dislikes are for those who push for others to mask because they feel uncomfortable. If the rules say mask, and I choose to go, then I would mask because those are the rules of course. It’s the snooty, holier than thou, nose in th air attitude that causes the problems with the masking.
Do you mean "it would make me feel better" types of people?

Policy on COVID discussions

The global COVID pandemic created unprecedented restrictions, disruptions and changes to our travel, work, shopping, schooling, social interactions and so many other aspects of our lives since the beginning of 2020. We’ve all been affected, and we have been inundated with news, information, mis-information, frustrations and opinions. We’ve heard them, we’ve shared them, we’ve argued about them.

The discussions, debates and arguments about the virus, distancing and masking policies, various politicians’ statements and actions have been overwhelming and divisive. Many threads on the DISboards have been derailed or devolved into arguments due to this topic. We understand the passion, but feel that we’ve let the discussions run their course. We are sure there are better places on the WWW to learn about and debate scientific, medical and political issues. The mission of the DISboards is to be a great travel resource and a friendly community.

Now that travel is opening up again, it’s time to refocus on that mission!

From this point on, we will welcome information on COVID policies RELATED TO TRAVEL. Things like the vaccination policies issued by venues or destinations, the cleaning or distancing procedures in use, practical tips for travelers or things they might need to know that are different from location to location are all valid topics. Any official policies issued by Disney, other travel destinations, cruise lines, airlines, etc. regarding requirements for visiting parks or cruising can be shared. This information needs to be on-topic for the specific forum and thread where posted.

We will NOT welcome debate or opinion about medical, scientific, or political aspects of the pandemic. There are a few often repeated trigger items that won’t be allowed: No statistics about infection rates, no ranting about individual rights, no “face-diaper” comments, no debate about whether vaccinations or masking are effective, no discussions about which governor or politician or news personality did or said what.

In summary: COVID related discussion should be limited to actual policy and practical application, and NOT veer into opinion or debate.

We understand that you may be passionate in your opinions on this topic and want to discuss or debate them, and appreciate your understanding that there are more appropriate places than the DISboards to do that.

Hope everybody's happy. All of us going out of our way to protect the people who aren't willing to protect themselves and have made it clear they don't want protection.

Or to placate the people who just won't bother learning the science that says if you're vaccinated, you're at risk for getting a sickness that might make you uncomfortable for a week at most. Not of dying. Period.
See, this is why we can't have nice things!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter