Extreme Makeover: Tinkerbellarella Pre-Trip Edition UPDATED 11/1/12!

I have actually thought of moving over to POFQ. Or CBR. Never done CBR. HMMMMMM. . . .It's a good thing it's already 11:00pm, or I'd already be on the phone.

I have actually thought of moving over to POFQ. Or CBR. Never done CBR. HMMMMMM. . . .It's a good thing it's already 11:00pm, or I'd already be on the phone.

So, I have to say, after staying at all but one Mod, my favorite is....

::drumroll::

ALL of them. For different reasons. :lmao:

Here's the lowdown the way I see it:

CSR: the closest thing to a Deluxe without paying Deluxe. I find it to be quieter and, when BF and I were there in March when the rest of the resorts were very busy, it was positively peaceful there. The rooms are lovely, the early morning coffee walking is divine, and I simply love the FEEL of the resort. You and DD stayed there on your Mother/Daughter trip, yes? Really my only criticism? The CS always felt crowded and inadequate.

POFQ: stayed there in May with Missy and LOVED it. The renovated rooms were very nice, and it was a cozy resort without feeling cramped. Definitely one of the prettier resorts to walk in the early morning, camera in hand. The way the sun works through the trees and all that gorgeous iron scrollwork on the buildings was divine. Con here? The bus stop was almost always packed. Good service but A LOT of people seemingly all the time. And it was a pretty slow period.

CBR: I love this resort for two reasons - the memories of staying here with my grandparents on our second and last Disney trip, about 8 months before my gram passed, and my girl's trip with Kat. It's fun and it at times feels almost Poly-ish. And we know how I feel about the Poly. I'd marry it if I could. And actually, I can't think of any negatives I have. It is a BIG resort and sometimes far-flung the way POR is, but personally I love that.

So tell me, now that Reservations is open for the day, have you made another change? I am counting ;)

Nope. Not yet. I'm probably going to stay at CSR, because it does have a fitness center, and I like to lift weights 2X per week. And plus, after doing the trail today for the Myrtle Beach 1/2 next week, I'm pooped.

Ok. That might already be the teensiest bit of a lie. There have been resort changes...

Well, only one real change, the others were just add-ons.

And that's it. There won't be any others. AT ALL. Ever. For this trip. I think. Probably. Maybe.

I fully admit that I have drunk the Mouse's Kool-Aid and am a snob about staying onsite when visiting Walt's Kingdom. So much so that when we visited those OTHER parks ::shhhh!:: I wanted to stay on property there too. I know that not everyone feels the same way, but I have made the decision in the past to simply not go on a trip because I couldn't afford a Disney resort.

Though I truly believe I can have a great Disney trip staying anywhere (yes, even off-site), I do find that where I choose to stay lends a certain flavor to my vacation. I make park, dining and down-time plans based on where I decide to hang my Mouse Ears for the duration.

For me there's just something about waking up "in the show," whether I'm watching the sun rise from a Polynesian beach, greeting the day in the Bayou, or walking to breakfast on the field of a giant foosball table. There's not much like returning "home" each evening with tired feet and a whole new batch of Disney memories for a dip in a pool with a sandy bottom or to watch the enormous pelicans settle in by a watering hole in the moonlight.

It seems silly to some, paying boku bucks for what is physically no more than a box with a bed and a bathroom, but for me many of my strongest memories are ones at the resorts:

~ Going to my first character breakfast at The Laughing Kookaburra and the Mickey Mouse phone in our room at the Buena Vista Palace (by Downtown; I think it's a Wyndham now)

~ Swimming not in the Pirate pool, but the quiet pool in Trinidad North, with my brother and grandfather, while my grandmother read the latest Danielle Steele novel in the shade of an umbrella table

~ Watching my BF "get" Disney my way for the first time as he watched the giraffes stroll over to have some lunch, about 100 feet from our balcony

~ Kat and I racing back to our room at CBR, splashing in every puddle along the way, feeling not like adults, but FREE like children

~ Sharing that initial awe the AKL lobby brings with my sweet friend LegoMom; thinking back on that, I'm pretty sure I was holding my breath as we first walked in

~ Coffee-walking at the Poly, just me, the bunnies, the ducks and the peace of a quiet, misty morning

All of these reasons and many more make shelling out the pesos 100% worthwhile.

When it was time to decide where we would stay for this trip, Amanda and I were completely in tune on two things for sure - we wanted to stay at an Epcot-area resort and we wanted to stay Deluxe. As I had recently returned from a rather unsatisfactory trip that included a stay at the Yacht Club, and as Amanda was not quite feeling the Beach Club was "it" for this trip, we decided on the Boardwalk.

A villa at the Boardwalk to be exact.

I'd had a great experience renting DVC points in the past from a private renter I found here on the boards, and this time around I decided to use a company, The DVC Rental Store. It's a great way to stay Deluxe for less than almost any discount can get you. In a matter of about 24 hours we had a confirmation # and a signed rental contract for a Garden/Pool View Studio at the Boardwalk.

A stay at the Boardwalk meant perfect proximity to Epcot (my favorite park) and the Italian Margarita at the Tutto kiosk in Italy. It meant being able to walk to DHS too! It meant built-in race transportation (as BW is an official race resort). It meant being able to check out the (kinda creepy clown pool) and those ULTRA creepy chairs in the lobby. (I'm still not sure about the last one.)

Not only did I feel like this would be the *perfect* resort for this trip, I could also cross a new resort off the list.

What list?

The "I Want to Stay at Every Disney Resort at Least Once" list.

So far, I've stayed at:

POP Century
All Star Music
All Star Sports
Caribbean Beach
Port Orleans French Quarter
Coronado Springs
Dolphin
Swan
Animal Kingdom Lodge (Jambo House)
Polynesian
Yacht Club
and now
Boardwalk!

That was it! We were locked in! No resort changing angst!

Until Amanda mentioned she was adding some nights onto the beginning of her trip. Three nights to be exact. At POP.

I had total extended stay envy. And that never leads to anything good. Except when it leads to an extended stay of my own.

Two nights at Port Orleans Riverside (and ANOTHER resort to add to the list)!

(I love lists. Almost as much as the lovely Lady Lallie. Where IS LL, by the way???)

Done and DONE!

Except when you're not done.

Because Disney releases a new deal that allows for an affordable upgrade to a Mod which prompts someone ::coughAMANDAcough:: to make a(nother) change.

Our trip now breaks down as follows:

2/18/13-2/21/13: Amanda at Coronado Springs
2/21/13-2/26/13: Me and Amanda at Boardwalk
2/26/13-2/28/13: Me at Port Orleans Riverside

And to me it looks practically perfect in every way just the way it is.

Although it would only cost me a total of about $34 to upgrade to one of the new Royal rooms...that doesn't count as a resort change.

Right?

RIGHT??

ON DECK: Fly Like an Eagle (a.k.a. Early Bird Check-in=Best $10 Ever Spent)

Ok. That might already be the teensiest bit of a lie. There have been resort changes...

Well, only one real change, the others were just add-ons.

Ugh. Are you saying I'm the one who changed? Moi?!?

Okay. Guess I did.

And that's it. There won't be any others. AT ALL. Ever. For this trip. I think. Probably. Maybe.

Wug-evah! I see one coming from you.

After all, aren't we still wait-listed for BCV?

I fully admit that I have drunk the Mouse's Kool-Aid and am a snob about staying onsite when visiting Walt's Kingdom. So much so that when we visited those OTHER parks ::shhhh!:: I wanted to stay on property there too. I know that not everyone feels the same way, but I have made the decision in the past to simply not go on a trip because I couldn't afford a Disney resort.

Wait. What? There's another way to stay and do Disney? Whoathunkit?

Though I truly believe I can have a great Disney trip staying anywhere (yes, even off-site), I do find that where I choose to stay lends a certain flavor to my vacation. I make park, dining and down-time plans based on where I decide to hang my Mouse Ears for the duration.

For me there's just something about waking up "in the show," whether I'm watching the sun rise from a Polynesian beach, greeting the day in the Bayou, or walking to breakfast on the field of a giant foosball table. There's not much like returning "home" each evening with tired feet and a whole new batch of Disney memories for a dip in a pool with a sandy bottom or to watch the enormous pelicans settle in by a watering hole in the moonlight.

Ahhh. . .

It seems silly to some, paying boku bucks for what is physically no more than a box with a bed and a bathroom, but for me many of my strongest memories are ones at the resorts:

~ Going to my first character breakfast at The Laughing Kookaburra and the Mickey Mouse phone in our room at the Buena Vista Palace (by Downtown; I think it's a Wyndham now)

~ Swimming not in the Pirate pool, but the quiet pool in Trinidad North, with my brother and grandfather, while my grandmother read the latest Danielle Steele novel in the shade of an umbrella table

~ Watching my BF "get" Disney my way for the first time as he watched the giraffes stroll over to have some lunch, about 100 feet from our balcony

~ Kat and I racing back to our room at CBR, splashing in every puddle along the way, feeling not like adults, but FREE like children

~ Sharing that initial awe the AKL lobby brings with my sweet friend LegoMom; thinking back on that, I'm pretty sure I was holding my breath as we first walked in

~ Coffee-walking at the Poly, just me, the bunnies, the ducks and the peace of a quiet, misty morning

All of these reasons and many more make shelling out the pesos 100% worthwhile.

Wow. That's exactly what it's all about.

Truly.

When it was time to decide where we would stay for this trip, Amanda and I were completely in tune on two things for sure - we wanted to stay at an Epcot-area resort and we wanted to stay Deluxe. As I had recently returned from a rather unsatisfactory trip that included a stay at the Yacht Club, and as Amanda was not quite feeling the Beach Club was "it" for this trip, we decided on the Boardwalk.

A villa at the Boardwalk to be exact.

And every time I see this in writing I want to jump for joy again!

I'd had a great experience renting DVC points in the past from a private renter I found here on the boards, and this time around I decided to use a company, The DVC Rental Store. It's a great way to stay Deluxe for less than almost any discount can get you. In a matter of about 24 hours we had a confirmation # and a signed rental contract for a Garden/Pool View Studio at the Boardwalk.

:cheer2::cheer2:

A stay at the Boardwalk meant perfect proximity to Epcot (my favorite park) and the Italian Margarita at the Tutto kiosk in Italy. It meant being able to walk to DHS too! It meant built-in race transportation (as BW is an official race resort). It meant being able to check out the (kinda creepy clown pool) and those ULTRA creepy chairs in the lobby. (I'm still not sure about the last one.)

And I'm still not sure about the pool.

Not only did I feel like this would be the *perfect* resort for this trip, I could also cross a new resort off the list.

What list?

The "I Want to Stay at Every Disney Resort at Least Once" list.

So far, I've stayed at:

POP Century
All Star Music
All Star Sports
Caribbean Beach
Port Orleans French Quarter
Coronado Springs
Dolphin
Swan
Animal Kingdom Lodge (Jambo House)
Polynesian
Yacht Club
and now
Boardwalk!

That was it! We were locked in! No resort changing angst!

Wow. That's quite a list you got there. . .

Until Amanda mentioned she was adding some nights onto the beginning of her trip. Three nights to be exact. At POP.

Who? Me?

I had total extended stay envy. And that never leads to anything good. Except when it leads to an extended stay of my own.

Two nights at Port Orleans Riverside (and ANOTHER resort to add to the list)!

And I have total POR envy on this one, because my family won't be with me. So glad you are going!

(I love lists. Almost as much as the lovely Lady Lallie. Where IS LL, by the way???)

Done and DONE!

Except when you're not done.

Because Disney releases a new deal that allows for an affordable upgrade to a Mod which prompts someone ::coughAMANDAcough:: to make a(nother) change.

Okay, so this one is totally and completely my fault. I even stayed on the phone for my commute to work to lock in CSR.

Our trip now breaks down as follows:

2/18/13-2/21/13: Amanda at Coronado Springs
2/21/13-2/26/13: Me and Amanda at Boardwalk
2/26/13-2/28/13: Me at Port Orleans Riverside

And to me it looks practically perfect in every way just the way it is.

Although it would only cost me a total of about $34 to upgrade to one of the new Royal rooms...that doesn't count as a resort change.

Right?

RIGHT??

ON DECK: Fly Like an Eagle (a.k.a. Early Bird Check-in=Best $10 Ever Spent)

Hmmmm. . . I don't think my change should count as a change, since it was less than a $50 increase. :rotfl:

By the way, what is it with the Dis taking away our babnana and putting that creepy clown in the quick link smilies?

Sounds like there won't be a resort change on the cards AT ALL. Ever. For this trip. I think. Probably. Maybe.

Having stayed off-site for one of my trips, I totally agree with the view of shelling out the $$$ for an on-site hotel.

The Epcot resort area is where I think I like to stay. Its real close to Epcot and DHS and most/all the resorts there are Deluxe.

I like POR. Some people say that it is too big and there is a lot of walking from your room to the main facilities. But I didn't find it that bad. I hope you enjoy it there.

Sounds like your plans are all coming together.

You know, when we approached the AKL lobby (after being chauffeured in a luxury SUV, I might add!!), and the CMs smiled and said "Welcome home!", I'm pretty sure that I was willing to scrub the lobby top to bottom with a toothbrush, for a living, if that meant I could, indeed, call that my "home." :love: It was like a dream that I wanted to never end. Even if it also meant I had to be "Mr. Tink" for 2 days.....:rotfl2:

Ok, and.....Miss Amanda -- you do know that creepy clown lives at the BW??! I was slightly shocked, I admit, when I heard that you guys were staying there, of all places! Seems to me you had once sworn you'd never stay there, because of said clown. Just sayin'.....:rolleyes1

And yes, I'm officially envious. ;)

Ok, and.....Miss Amanda -- you do know that creepy clown lives at the BW??! I was slightly shocked, I admit, when I heard that you guys were staying there, of all places! Seems to me you had once sworn you'd never stay there, because of said clown. Just sayin'.....:rolleyes1

And yes, I'm officially envious. ;)

LOL, Legomom--I have no plans to go swimming in February. But I do like the decor of BW, and I'm hoping we have a garden view room.

Or I just won't go on the balcony. :rolleyes1

Ugh. Are you saying I'm the one who changed? Moi?!?

Okay. Guess I did.

::yes::

And I love you all the more for it. :goodvibes

Wug-evah! I see one coming from you.

I priced out CR and the Poly in particular just to know that I CANNOT afford to stay 2 nights at either and to remove temptation at the onset.

But I AM kind of intrigued about that Royal room type...

After all, aren't we still wait-listed for BCV?

Nope. We're wait-listed for a standard view to save a few bucks and since our current view is Garden/Pool/Creepy Clown :rotfl:

Wow. That's exactly what it's all about.

Truly.

:goodvibes

And I'm still not sure about the pool.

I'M not sure about those creepy chairs in the lobby. Have you SEEN them?! ::shiver::

And I have total POR envy on this one, because my family won't be with me. So glad you are going!

I LOVED walking around here in the mornings in May. And while I loved the Mansions section, I loved, even more, the seclusion of the Bayou section. And I don't mind a walk so wherever they put me is fine with me!

Okay, so this one is totally and completely my fault. I even stayed on the phone for my commute to work to lock in CSR.

I am TOTALLY guilty of making various sundry reservations at Disney during my train commute!

Sounds like there won't be a resort change on the cards AT ALL. Ever. For this trip. I think. Probably. Maybe.

Possibly.

I like POR. Some people say that it is too big and there is a lot of walking from your room to the main facilities. But I didn't find it that bad. I hope you enjoy it there.

Oh it's definitely sizable, but I feel like what I pay for in extra walking I'll make up in seclusion and ambiance.

You know, when we approached the AKL lobby (after being chauffeured in a luxury SUV, I might add!!), and the CMs smiled and said "Welcome home!", I'm pretty sure that I was willing to scrub the lobby top to bottom with a toothbrush, for a living, if that meant I could, indeed, call that my "home." :love:

Many a time have I said I'd stay in a broom closet in Disney. And that is not a lie. I wonder if the AKL broom closets are more spacious than the POP broom closets? Hmm...

Even if it also meant I had to be "Mr. Tink" for 2 days.....:rotfl2:

You were a fabulous Mr. Tink. You'd be far less expensive to feed. :lmao:

I'm wondering if I should arrange for therapy for Amanda to deal with post-clown PTSD upon her return from this trip? :scratchin

It's a bird!

It's a plane!

Nope. It's just my flight to Disney.

That's not to say that's the only way I could reach the House of Mouse.

Actually, one day I'd like to take the train all the way down! It's on my Disney Trip Bucket List.

And I've driven down. Once. In the back of an RV. In a baby-sitter/nanny capacity. Over Easter weekend. And stayed off-property in Kissimmee (which I always feel like I'm spelling wrong. I always feel it should look more like Mississippi...moving on...)

I would totally drive down again, cutting the 22-24 hour trek into two days with a stop somewhere in the Carolinas. It would likely have to be a solo trip as BF wouldn't want to be in the car that long. And I honestly wouldn't mind. I love to drive!

But that is not for this trip. This trip I will be entrusting my transportation, as I almost always do, to Southwest and their usually entertaining crew. My brother does a ton of air travel and he likes to call them 'Southworst' (and 'Air Trash'). Keep in mind, though, this is the man that's often traveling 1st Class. (Jerk.) I, for one, have not once EVER had an isse with Southwest - price, schedule or crew. I can count the number of times they've been late on one hand and would need fingers and toes (and maybe then some) to count the times they've gotten me in early.

Admittedly, I wasn't always a diehard fan. I only tolerated their old "corral" type boarding back in the days of simply A, B and C groupings. It was disorganized at best and outright hostile at worst. However, I like the way they organize boarding now.

For those of you who don't know, Southwest issues each passenger a board group (A, B, C) and number (1-60). What you get is determined by a number of factors including when you booked, when you checked in, what you paid, and if you purchased Early Bird Check-in (which, for $10/person/flight checks you in 36 hours in advance, rather than the standard 24 hour window).

For those of you who know all this and use Southwest and Early Bird regularly, here's something I found out after talking to Customer Service once: You could've been the first person to book and purchase Early Bird the day your booking window opened (giving you what you think would be the first boarding position) but if someone books, even up until a day ahead, at a higher rate and gets Early Bird, they will receive a better position than you.

It's all about the $$$. Color me surprised.

(I've also been told that if your flight is delayed more than an hour you can switch to another flight with no change fee so long as there is availability. I haven't researched that one yet, though.)

I digress...

I have always been in the A group and almost always somewhere 16-30 (1-15 is reserved for Business Class flyers).

All this to say...I probably just totally jinxed myself for January. :rolleyes:

My flight leaves T.F. Green (Providence, RI...if by Providence you really mean Warwick, RI) at 7:00 a.m. on Thursday 2/23/13. If we're on time (but hopefully early), we're due to arrive at 10:05. It's a direct flight. I'm kind of a direct flight snob. :snooty: (I'm also a grocery store snob, but that's another story for another time.) I can't see extending what is only a 3 hour flight by stopping somewhere else, even for a lower rate. I value my time spent in the World that Walt Built more valuably than a few bucks.

Also, I booked one way using points and the other way at a great discount so you simply can't beat it. I think it worked out to $70 each way out of pocket (OOP).

I guess, since we're talking about transportation, we can also discuss my flight home though, let's just be honest, everyone detests that flight. And the horse (or Magical Express bus) it rode in on. I can't complain too much since it's a late flight (leaves at 6:55 p.m., arriving at 9:35 p.m. on 2/28/13) giving me just about a whole Disney day. Unless it's delayed.

Like my August flight home.

Which didn't leave until about 11:00 p.m.

And trapped me at MCO's Gate 120 (a.k.a. the suckiest gate in that terminal) with every manner of humanity and the mysterious wind.

The moaning, screeching, drumming boy.

The man that changed his pants in the middle of the terminal.

The Orlando sweatshirt cult (of which I was part of the pink and blue faction).

Some of you participated in the FB-posting marathon about said event but for those of you who didn't, holy rediculousness. I'm not usually too put off about a delay home. It actually allows me to acclimate to non-Disney life and time a little bit better (once I'm done grieving my departure from Dole Whip City) and is a great excuse to buy a new book. Or seven. Or maybe that's just me. But this delay, and all that it entailed, just felt out of control.

Anywho...that's the deal with the February flights. Let's start praying to the airline gods that all goes well.

Please?

Pretty please?

I'm not past bribery. :flower3:

ON DECK: ::cue choir of angels:: The Annual Pass (a.k.a. The Year I Spent in Disney)

The airline gods, rather like the firework gods, are deities that I just prefer to stay under-the-radar with. I feel like if I'm out of their line of sight, I won't be in their firing path. :rotfl:

But I wish you all the best with SouthWest. :goodvibes

Gosh, I hope your flight home is better this time. I actually toyed flying this time. Even now, I've played with them again. And while I can get a good incoming flight. The return? It sucketh.

I mean, royally. Like one flight that is direct and the ones not direct have layovers in Atlanta. And that one is ubber-expensive.

Yeah, I'll drive.

The airline gods, rather like the firework gods, are deities that I just prefer to stay under-the-radar with. I feel like if I'm out of their line of sight, I won't be in their firing path. :rotfl:

I have decent luck with fireworks...so long as I'm not trying to find a nice place to photograph them from. :rolleyes:

Gosh, I hope your flight home is better this time. I actually toyed flying this time. Even now, I've played with them again. And while I can get a good incoming flight. The return? It sucketh.

I mean, royally. Like one flight that is direct and the ones not direct have layovers in Atlanta. And that one is ubber-expensive.

Yeah, I'll drive.

You've no idea how green with envy I am at the thought of being within driving distance of the World. I'm not sure I'd ever entertain the thought of flying again! LOL

You've no idea how green with envy I am at the thought of being within driving distance of the World. I'm not sure I'd ever entertain the thought of flying again! LOL

You know, the vehicle comes in handy, too when you want to sleep just another hour before your lunch ADR at a resort and you can because you have a car there.

Oh, yeah, I was wondering. . .do you have a Tables in Wonderland Card?

And more importantly, will you be using it to get us a discount at our common meals?

It's a bird!

It's a plane!

Nope. It's just my flight to Disney.

That's not to say that's the only way I could reach the House of Mouse.

Actually, one day I'd like to take the train all the way down! It's on my Disney Trip Bucket List.

I have looked into this and it always, always seemed to land me in some major hub for a 5-hour layover between the hours of 1- and 6:00am. Uh...no thank you. :scared:

And I've driven down. Once. In the back of an RV. In a baby-sitter/nanny capacity. Over Easter weekend. And stayed off-property in Kissimmee (which I always feel like I'm spelling wrong. I always feel it should look more like Mississippi...moving on...)

I would totally drive down again, cutting the 22-24 hour trek into two days with a stop somewhere in the Carolinas. It would likely have to be a solo trip as BF wouldn't want to be in the car that long. And I honestly wouldn't mind. I love to drive!

Ooh! Ooh! ME!! Pick me!! I would totally drive down with you!!!!! I, too, love to drive. I'm all about the road trip. With two teeny exceptions: no more road trips with the fam (sorry, I love you all, but June pushed my sanity to the brink of failure!), and no more road trips unless I'm in a rental car (or, someone else's new/-ish car....:rolleyes1). Again, I defer to the June trip. And that's all I have to say about THAT.

But that is not for this trip. This trip I will be entrusting my transportation, as I almost always do, to Southwest and their usually entertaining crew. My brother does a ton of air travel and he likes to call them 'Southworst' (and 'Air Trash'). Keep in mind, though, this is the man that's often traveling 1st Class. (Jerk.) I, for one, have not once EVER had an isse with Southwest - price, schedule or crew. I can count the number of times they've been late on one hand and would need fingers and toes (and maybe then some) to count the times they've gotten me in early.

Ditto. LOVE me some Southwest. Although, lately, not so much with the fares. :headache:

For those of you who know all this and use Southwest and Early Bird regularly, here's something I found out after talking to Customer Service once: You could've been the first person to book and purchase Early Bird the day your booking window opened (giving you what you think would be the first boarding position) but if someone books, even up until a day ahead, at a higher rate and gets Early Bird, they will receive a better position than you.

It's all about the $$$. Color me surprised.

I just learned this yesterday!.....I added the EB for our flights next month and actually bothered to read the fine print. Yeah, who knew. But, who's surprised. Not me.

Also, I booked one way using points and the other way at a great discount so you simply can't beat it. I think it worked out to $70 each way out of pocket (OOP).

You. Suck.

Moving on.....

:rotfl:

ON DECK: ::cue choir of angels:: The Annual Pass (a.k.a. The Year I Spent in Disney)

Aaaaand, you still suck!! :rotfl2: Some days, I would give my left arm (I'm a lefty, so giving my right arm isn't such a sacrifice :rolleyes:) to go to WDW as often as you do. ::sigh:: Maybe someday when I'm old[er] and gray[er].

:upsidedow

You know, the vehicle comes in handy, too when you want to sleep just another hour before your lunch ADR at a resort and you can because you have a car there.

I am fascinated by the idea of driving myself around Disney, but I admit, I'm a wee bit addicted to their transportation (faults included). It always feels so DISNEY. (Even the too cold AC at 8 a.m.! LOL)

Oh, yeah, I was wondering. . .do you have a Tables in Wonderland Card?

And more importantly, will you be using it to get us a discount at our common meals?

Yes and absolutely!

I have looked into this and it always, always seemed to land me in some major hub for a 5-hour layover between the hours of 1- and 6:00am. Uh...no thank you. :scared:

I've never done that level of research, but that does sound a wee bit sketchy!

Ooh! Ooh! ME!! Pick me!! I would totally drive down with you!!!!! I, too, love to drive. I'm all about the road trip. With two teeny exceptions: no more road trips with the fam (sorry, I love you all, but June pushed my sanity to the brink of failure!), and no more road trips unless I'm in a rental car (or, someone else's new/-ish car....:rolleyes1). Again, I defer to the June trip. And that's all I have to say about THAT.

Ok then! Looks like I have my driving partner for my next road trip to Disney...you know, whenever that happens to be. ;)
I added the EB for our flights next month

NEXT MONTH! Woohoo! :dance3:

Got your park tickets yet?

You. Suck.

Moving on.....

:rotfl:

Aaaaand, you still suck!! :rotfl2:

Wow, I was majorly sucking, huh? :goodvibes

Some days, I would give my left arm (I'm a lefty, so giving my right arm isn't such a sacrifice :rolleyes:) to go to WDW as often as you do. ::sigh:: Maybe someday when I'm old[er] and gray[er].

:upsidedow

This is just how it worked out over the past couple of years. I don't know that it will necessarily continue. Next year is likely going to be a 1 trip year and maybe 2 the year after. I don't see another AP in my future until maybe 2014/2015.

It's been a good Disney year.

A really good Disney year.

An "it hasn't been this good of a Disney year since back when I worked for Starwood and stayed at the Swolphin for $69/night and so was there at least twice a year" good Disney year.

By the time this Annual Pass (AP) expires, it'll have gotten 27 Disney days under it's belt.

If AP's have belts, that is.

Which it probably does.

Since I also have a Tables in Wonderland (TIW) card that has seen much use.

Anywho...

So that works out to roughly $23/day, not bad for getting into a Disney park. And there is no need to discuss how much money I spent on dining, snacks and souvenirs that probably jacked that up to about $120/day...ahem.

How do those 27 days break down? So glad you asked. I show you:

3/8/12-3/14/12 (CSR): Spring trip with BF. Cool. Crowded, on and off. Second time we've gone around this time of year and we're ready now for a longer trip with more resort days, (Mickey, cover your ears) another visit to those other parks, and at least one water park day. Hopefully sometime in May-ish. Won't be a 2013 trip though. I promised BF we could go somewhere non-Disney next year. We're talking about cruising.
titanic-058.gif
And no, probably not Disney cruising. Booooooo.

5/12/12-5/18/12 (POFQ): A surprise trip for my friend Missy. This was a BLAST of a girl's trip. She didn't know where we were going until we got to the airport and then each day I would give her a cute little card with the details of the day's itinerary. It was a whole lot of fun. I wish I could do this with all of my friends. Alas, most of my Disney-lovin' friends are planners to the core and I doubt very many of them would completely give up the reigns.

8/18/12-8/21/12 (YC): The trip I shouldn't have taken. Seriously. This was the least fun I've ever had on a trip. It was booked VERY last minute (3 days before I left) and helped me realize something about myself. I'm an obsessive planner just like my friends and need to have a general plan. I'm not great at winging it. My knees and feet were acting up. It was Amazon jungle hot and humid. I was surrounded by entitled, ignorant people (unfortunately mostly from my home state! No joke. At dinner one night all 5 tables around me were seated with people from MA.). The CMs had had it and were tough to swallow too. And the resort...oh how I'd dreamed of staying at the BC or YC. OHH how the YC didn't live up. To be fair, I think it was more because of all of the above-mentioned issues and carpy interaction with a Front Desk CM, but next time I'm definitely staying at BC...and planning ahead!

2/21/13-2/28/13 (BWV/POR): Upcoming trip (duh)! Can't wait!

I don't think there will be so much Disney in my life next year and so I probably won't be renewing my AP. It expires about 10 days after I'm home from this trip. :sad1:

I really love my AP. It's going to be so hard to say good-bye (NOBoysIIMen). Though, I have to say/question this:

I have had a few AP's in my adult-Disney lifetime and every. single. one. has been on that flimsy paper ticket material. Um. Disney? Seriously. If I can hand over 611+ of my hard-earned dollars, I'm pretty sure you can print that sucker on credit card-like plastic. Heck, that's what my TIW card is on!

UP NEXT: It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Dining! (a.k.a. Bring on the TUMS)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter