Extra Charges???

annie2871

Mouseketeer
My family and I are wanting to go on a Disney Cruise next year. My dh is really wondering what all the extra charges are once you get on board? What do you pay extra for at Castaway Cay? Do you have pay any port fees at Castaway Cay? We will probably not go off the ship on any of the other stops, but if we do, what are we looking at? We have never cruised before so we are totally lost on this! Thanks!

port fees are already part of the price of your cruise. The extras are:

pictures from Shutters, soda outside of the sit down dinners, drinks, tips, excursions, souveniers, spa, bingo and Palos.

THe cruise includes all your food, there is water, tea, coffee and juice available on deck ten, at all your meals and room service (which is free except for soda or alcholic drinks and tip). The kids club is free along with entertainment.

That's all I could think of right now. But almost eveything is included except the "extras".

Included are all the food places on deck...chicken tenders, ice cream, fruit, burgers, pizza, etc. You can always get lemonade, coffee, ice water, etc. at no charge. Soda is included at the seated meals for dinner(or lunch if you go inside) but if you grab a soda at a bar, it is extra. All the food is included on Castaway Cay. When the ship is in a port, you can return to the ship to eat and it is included. If you grab something on your own on the island, then you'll have to pay for that.

Anything you order from room service is included(unless you order cans of soda) But, you can take soda on board with you and not have to ever buy any. Gosh...it is easier to tell what is included than what isn't! If the kids eat with the kid's clubs, then that is included. If you go to the movies....included. Same with the live production shows.

Things that are not would be photographs the ship's photographer takes, if you choose to purchase them. Alcohol is not included. If you want to go off the ship and go to a beach, or go exploring...that you'll have to pay for. You have to figure in the cost of tips, which are not included in the fare. disneycruise.com has a list of the suggested tips. They do add up, so be sure to plan that into your budget. You'll find the servers do so much to make you happy that you'll want to give them that and more! There are shops onboard, and if you want to purchase things, that is also extra. The kids end up getting a souviner for free if they participate in so many of the activities. Mine got bucket hats last year. If they do the end of the week show, they will also receive a t shirt for free. Popcorn and sodas outside the movie theatre were not included. That is about all I can remember that isn't included in the cost.

Suzanne, I really like the new picture of you and your daughter. :)

Previously on "this thread", my3kids said...

"Included are all the food places on deck...chicken tenders, ice cream, fruit, burgers, pizza, etc. You can always get lemonade, coffee, ice water, etc. at no charge. Soda is included at the seated meals for dinner(or lunch if you go inside) but if you grab a soda at a bar, it is extra.
"

Is soda included at the buffet meals too?
If you can bring soda to your rooms and lemonade is always available, then the soda cards don't look like such a good deal to me (is it 20$ for the 4 day cruise?)
What are other thoughts on the value of the soda card?

You may already be aware of this, but there will also be the gratuity for your servers, etc. This will likely be about $350-400.

I don't buy the soda card/mug b/c I don't drink that much soda. Now if they had a "drink" card, that might come in hand. :jester:

sigh.... if everything is included how do I always manage to run the tab into 4 digits??....... WAY into 4 digits...
OH wait ...alchohol isn't included!!!!!!!!!!!

addot: No, soda is not included at the buffet meals; only the inside seated venues. At the buffet they offer even more choices than the place on deck with the beverages available. I think at the buffet they also offered a fruit punch, some juices, ice tea....just no soda for free. I didn't buy into the soda program even though my children love pop. We took some on and that combined with what was free at dinner, there was no need for the program.

Alex , I know how you feel when we went on our first cruise I didn't know about this board and didn't bring anything to drink..

When I got our bill i was floored at how much the total was..

And to and to it I booked our 10 day x-mas 2004 today ....

Hi All-
The other items that are extra on the cruise would be dinner at Palo for $5.00 each and Champagne Brunch at Palo for $10.00 each. These tips are also seperate. Just a reminder, 15% gratuity is added into your drinks so it is not always necessary to give them more unless you are inclined to do so. I had some happy staff my last cruise, I wasn't paying attention to the added tip and was giving another 25%!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter