Extra burger buns now $1.99

Status
Not open for further replies.
Theres like a $5.00 difference in buying an extra bun and buying 2 burgers!!! So laugh all you want. For once a day for a family of 4 on an 8 day stay your idea would cost you.... an additional 80 bucks!!! Now whos laughing??? We were eating the same thing as you, and saving $80 plus tax for an 8 day stay. And WE'RE strange????:lmao: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :lmao:

(go ahead... drop your mouth... you have been overpaying all this time)
But seriously... when you go to WDW a LOT, and you are on a budget (this IS the budget forum after all) these little changes make a difference.

Thanks to the OP for posting this. We always did the extra bun trick!:thumbsup2

The difference is not $5.

From allearsnet at Pecos Bill's

Bacon Double Cheeseburger - served with your choice of french fries or apple slices $7.59

1/4-Pound Cheeseburger - served with your choice of fries or apple slices $6.09; add bacon $.79

French Fries - $1.99

--------

Buying a double cheeseburger without bacon and with fries = $6.80
Extra Bun = $1.99 (from thread title)

Total = $8.79

------

Buying a single cheeseburger with fries = $6.09
Buying a single cheeseburger = $4.10

Total = $10.19

-----

Difference = $1.40

And you only get one burger's worth of toppings. Taking more is stealing.

Cool, that just brought down the price of character!

LOL, never thought of it as something that went on sale!

Cool, that just brought down the price of character!

LOL, never thought of it as something that went on sale!

:laughing:

I'm frugal with my money, but this really takes it to a new level.

Plus hamburgers are not even healthy! :upsidedow

Gotta agree. We are frugal. We like being so. But walking the line between paying for what we use, and scamming to save a couple bucks, is beyond me. I guess Disney is taking that into account in raising the price. Bummer for those that would buy a bit of bread for their toddler to nibble.

Gotta agree. We are frugal. We like being so. But walking the line between paying for what we use, and scamming to save a couple bucks, is beyond me. I guess Disney is taking that into account in raising the price. Bummer for those that would buy a bit of bread for their toddler to nibble.

ITA

DH and I save more by getting two single hamburgers (they sell them too. I don't remember the cost without cheese) without any fries. We both get to use the topping bar and the cost is well within our budget. No need to scam Disney.

And you only get one burger's worth of toppings. Taking more is stealing.

Please be sure to let us know what the measurement is for one burger's worth- I wouldn't want to be a thief. :scared:

The bun wars are always entertaining, but honestly, I think the DIS morality police are much more concerned about it than Disney. They probably raised the price of the bun because the price of food is going up. The majority of people in the parks are not asking for the extra bun and I really doubt the suits who decide stuff like this had a meeting on how to cut back on extra bun use. :rolleyes:
I am not buying them, but I could really care less if someone does. Heck, I don't even care if someone uses more than the certified allotment of onions on their burger they split in half.

I saw the family you hear people complaining about(thought they were an urban legend before I saw it with my own eyes) sitting in the Parrot side of Pecos Bill's with their picnic lunch making salads and dressing their bologna with toppings. I had a chuckle and thought I'd never do that myself, but I wasn't personally outraged. I just don't get why people get so worked up over it.

There are lots of people in life that are going to do things you don't agree with. So don't do it. You really have no control over everyone and everything in the world.

Please be sure to let us know what the measurement is for one burger's worth- I wouldn't want to be a thief. :scared:

The bun wars are always entertaining, but honestly, I think the DIS morality police are much more concerned about it than Disney. They probably raised the price of the bun because the price of food is going up. The majority of people in the parks are not asking for the extra bun and I really doubt the suits who decide stuff like this had a meeting on how to cut back on extra bun use. :rolleyes:
I am not buying them, but I could really care less if someone does. Heck, I don't even care if someone uses more than the certified allotment of onions on their burger they split in half.

I saw the family you hear people complaining about(thought they were an urban legend before I saw it with my own eyes) sitting in the Parrot side of Pecos Bill's with their picnic lunch making salads and dressing their bologna with toppings. I had a chuckle and thought I'd never do that myself, but I wasn't personally outraged. I just don't get why people get so worked up over it.

There are lots of people in life that are going to do things you don't agree with. So don't do it. You really have no control over everyone and everything in the world.
Who is worked up over it. I only stated a fact.

So, you have no qualms about taking more than you've paid for in terms of the extras? :confused3 Why on earth does Disney owe you that?

oh my god....give me a break already. Are you the condiment police or what?? I am not going to feel bad for the amount of condiments my hubby uses or us taking an extra bun into the park. I think this bothers you more than it does Disney. In the past, we have paid for the extra bun but at $2 for a bun, NAHHH, not gonna happen. Disney can keep that bun and we'll use one of our own. We don't feel guilty about a few more pickles on his burger!

oh my god....give me a break already. Are you the condiment police or what?? I am not going to feel bad for the amount of condiments my hubby uses or us taking an extra bun into the park. I think this bothers you more than it does Disney. In the past, we have paid for the extra bun but at $2 for a bun, NAHHH, not gonna happen. Disney can keep that bun and we'll use one of our own. We don't feel guilty about a few more pickles on his burger!

Are you really going to bring your own buns into the park :eek: . Wow. Why not just slap some lunchmeat on your buns and bring sandwiches in?

Are you really going to bring your own buns into the park :eek: . Wow. Why not just slap some lunchmeat on your buns and bring sandwiches in?

Some days we bring our own lunchmeat and bread for sandwiches. Sometimes we just get so tired of Disney food.......

It is all a matter of conversation. The "what ifs' in life are interesting. I've no outrage over what anyone else does that doesn't harm another. But I do have opinions. People in real life are like that. I've a friend who shares her kids AP. To her it isn't a big deal, to me it would be. It doesn't mean we aren't friends, just that we disagree. Conflict isn't bad... Opinions aren't bad. Perhaps that would be a good lesson to learn.:)

Peco Bills, sorry that is only day (4/3) we split a burger so not sure of other locations.

We were also only charged $0.79 for an extra bun at Pecos Bill last week.

This is the first time I ever ordered an extra bun in our hundreds of trips and I only did it to see how much they would charge me for the bun :rotfl: . Me and my DD usually just share a double cheeseburger (we don't mind each others germs).

But I think $0.79 for a bun is a reasonable price.

oh my god....give me a break already. Are you the condiment police or what??

It is always interesting when people start name-calling, rather than having a sensible discussion. I have to remind my children about that quite often. It shows a lack of conviction, and insecurity in a position.

I asked a simple question. At what point are you entitled to take what you like, rather than paying? Is it okay to bring a baggie to a buffet and fill up for later? What would be the difference?

It is all a matter of conversation. The "what ifs' in life are interesting. I've no outrage over what anyone else does that doesn't harm another. But I do have opinions. People in real life are like that. I've a friend who shares her kids AP. To her it isn't a big deal, to me it would be. It doesn't mean we aren't friends, just that we disagree. Conflict isn't bad... Opinions aren't bad. Perhaps that would be a good lesson to learn.:)

Yes, I think a lot of people need to learn that lesson around here. ITA that opinions aren't bad- but I disagree about the conflict. Why have conflict over opinions? That was my previous point. :)

I enjoy everybody's opinions but now when they turn into judgments.

My 2 cents...if you have paid $2 for a bun--a single bun, mind you--feel free to put all the mustard and lettuce on it that you so desire. You have paid for that bread sandwich! You are not ripping anyone off by any stretch of the imagination. The fact that they are now charging $2 for the bread tells me they are factoring the toppings bar into the price.

I'm glad that Disney still allows you to bring food in. We go to state fairs, other amusement parks, concerts, jazz fests etc., and none of them allow you to bring in food. At some point if it is being abused Disney will change that policy and the actions of some will impact all of us. I don't see that buying an extra bun is a problem if it's offered. Just don't get upset if at some point they decide not to sell the extra bun or if they no longer have a self-serve condiment bar.
I do think that raiding the condiment bar when you haven't made a purchase at all is wrong. You wouldn't go into a restaurant and stand next to the buffet and start eating and not expect a reaction. Saying that Disney is a big company and comparing what you spend to get in or what Disney's profits are is not part of the issue. You know what it costs before you go. You choose to go or not. There is nothing wrong with trying to do it as economically as possible but getting something for nothing is stealing. Yes you can probably get away with it and no they are probably not going to say anything about it but wrong is wrong- I can't imagine how one might explain to their children that raiding the condiment bar when you haven't made a purchase is OK.

I do think that raiding the condiment bar when you haven't made a purchase at all is wrong. You wouldn't go into a restaurant and stand next to the buffet and start eating and not expect a reaction.

I agree with you! Why would anybody do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter