Extra burger buns now $1.99

Status
Not open for further replies.
:scratchin Hmmm...selling the buns. Now there's an idea.:idea:
Where's my BIG Tupperware?

Not to add to this debate, but can I order a bunless burger? I often buy one at home. And from what i heard Disney went wheat on their buns, so I would prefer to go bunless.

YES You can!!! I do it all the time

HA! for those who think that an extra cheap bun to split a meal is cheating...... what about those of us who've paid full price for years for a bun they can't eat? Sorry,OT,but I just realized this myself,and since ds has never eaten a wheat product,we've always just paid what other people pay and sorted out the food ourselves....maybe a bunless burger should be 1.99 less to correspond......:rotfl: just kidding....but when folks say things like 'cheating the system' about splitting meals.....:rotfl2:

See you get my point lol! I don't really mind paying regular for a bunless burger, but I find it funny when I am upcharged for that extra slice of tomato or cheese even when I don't have the bun...cut me some slack people!

Don't be too quick to judge--my mom is lactose intolerant and routinely brings her own bread/buns because she can't be sure what's offered is safe for her to eat. There's lots of people allergic to gluten, too.

And for the record, I don't think it's tacky to bring buns or any food from home if that helps you stick to your vacation budget. I always pack bottled water and granola bars to take into the parks. I'd much rather spend money on frozen lemonade or Mickey bars then plain old bottled water! I've never brought lunch into the parks, but if that's what it took for us to go I would do it.

I bring my own buns too, I'm gluten free and corn free. Until recently (Sept-ish) Disney had AWFUL gluten free corn free buns...they were worse than hockey pucks you could bang them on the table and it sounded like a rock! Recently they have changed suppliers, and so there has been SOME improvement, but my buns are still better, so yes I bring my own bun.

Do they still charge you for the bun?

Yes...even if you cannot eat the bun you are charged regular price.

but my buns are still better, so yes I bring my own

I'm sorry,that was just too good to leave alone......:rotfl2: I wish I had your confidence! I could throw away my swimsuit coverup!:lmao: :rotfl: :cool1:
where's the tag fairy when needed?

Glad i saw this before we head out tomorrow!!! Im heading to Walmart after work to buy buns!!!

( Although I have enough to last a year LOL!)

We leave on Saturday... do I need to purchase a special backpack or anything to carry the right container that will hold the buns that I scalp from Pixledust Fairy?
And where would I find the best deal on the special backpack/container combo? Do you think I could get it shipped to me for free in time?

WOW, The great bun debate of 08 has really gotten fierce. I'm going in June/July.... I will be scalping my buns out side the gates of MK for top dollar. Anyone wanting fresh buns please look me up. Best buns in town. I guarantee.

Hey, we can set up together; I'll be selling sweet tea. :thumbsup2

page 6!

the budget board can be a real down in the mouth kid of place sometimes what with all the scrimping and saving some of us do and talk about but now this thread has made me laugh out loud so many times!!

great reading guys.

and can I preorder my buns for a discount?

This "issue" has always confused me. Why not just cut the burger in half if you want to share? Seriously, then it would be cheaper because you aren't paying for an extra anything........ I don't get it.

edited to add: I do mean this as a sincere question...no disrespect intended.

Not to add to this debate, but can I order a bunless burger? I often buy one at home. And from what i heard Disney went wheat on their buns, so I would prefer to go bunless.
:lmao: Well, they sell videos for that called something along the lines of Buns of Steel. You don't totally get rid of the buns but it's as good as we can do!
Heck, just walk around and see if you can sell it!

:rotfl: Oh girl! YOu are a thinker I tell ya! Brilliant.

As for why people can't split the single DVCJen, after much thought I think I have got it now. Apparently they are nicer than I am. If I make my kids share food, which I often do, and they gripe about it, my response is "You don't have to share. Feel free to go hungry." Yes, I AM a mean mom!!

ETA: Of course, I am often having them split a single cheeseburger not a double soooo, that bun really wouldn't help.

:lmao: Well, they sell videos for that called something along the lines of Buns of Steel. You don't totally get rid of the buns but it's as good as we can do!

:rotfl: Oh girl! YOu are a thinker I tell ya! Brilliant.

As for why people can't split the single DVCJen, after much thought I think I have got it now. Apparently they are nicer than I am. If I make my kids share food, which I often do, and they gripe about it, my response is "You don't have to share. Feel free to go hungry." Yes, I AM a mean mom!!

ETA: Of course, I am often having them split a single cheeseburger not a double soooo, that bun really wouldn't help.

Great minds think alike!

Does CVS sell buns? And can I use my ECBs to buy them? Where's the closest CVS to WDW? Anyone know? And is there a printable bun coupon out there? 'cause I don't want to pay full price for those buns. :rotfl2:

Forget full price...what you really want is for CVS to pay you to take them...

The bun thing. People are going to do whatever they want to do. I have seen it all.

I have never split 1 double into 2. I just don't see why. When you can cut it in half. But again, everyone is free to do exactly what they want, and will.

However, onto my question. Would any of you think it tacky if you saw someone pull out tarter sauce. To use @ a cs?

don't judge me people, don't even think about it. We all choose how to spend our money and how to save our money. I have my McMansion, you have your crackerbox house, I shop at goodwill, you shop at Nordstrom, I eat chicken, you eat steak. I order an extra roll for 2 small eaters to share a meal, you wouldn't be caught dead being so cheap (saving what? less than dollar and not wasting fries that no one will eat?).

I think this would be considered serving up some hot, cross buns!! :rotfl:

I also think they could add this to the Year of a Million Dreams give-a-way list... a free second bun! :banana:
But only one per day.
Gives it in the same mystical appeal as the night in Cinderella's Castle!

I know I will get flamed here - but it seems like many people are upset that they can't get over on Disney for the almost 2 burgers for 1 scam...

I understand the value of saving money and the need to budget - but I would be embarrassed doing this, I find this very cheap. Disney raised it to a price to make it unrealistic to continue to get over on them.

I don't get why people expect Disney to not run like a PROFITABLE business and expect them to never raise prices and/or continue to give more stuff away, etc.
It's probably because I only just went to Disney for this first time this month and never was spoiled by the "good old days???"'

Totally agree!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry,that was just too good to leave alone......:rotfl2: I wish I had your confidence! I could throw away my swimsuit coverup!:lmao: :rotfl: :cool1:
where's the tag fairy when needed?

Sometimes you just need to throw caution to the wind and have confidence in your buns and not try to hide them! LOL :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

However, onto my question. Would any of you think it tacky if you saw someone pull out tarter sauce. To use @ a cs?

Nope...would you find it tacky if I pulled out my own Ketchup? To answer my own question...probably people would...I just am to the point of not caring. Ketchup is free with the burger, but if I want to bring my own...who cares? I don't do HFCS so I lug my own condiments as well as buns (and cookies and snacks and drinks...I'm horrible I know...Disney should confiscate all my gluten free corn free condiments, snacks, buns and caffeine free beverages because Disney is not making as much from my patronage as others!) :laughing: :laughing: :rotfl2: :happytv: :rotfl:

I also think they could add this to the Year of a Million Dreams give-a-way list... a free second bun! :banana:
But only one per day.
Gives it in the same mystical appeal as the night in Cinderella's Castle!

OMG! :rotfl2: It would go like this...

regular guest: "Excuse me? I've won a bun?":confused3

DIS budget boarder: :yay: "Dreams DO come true!":sad:

Why not cut a double hamburger in half instead of getting an extra bun??? Its all about the bun to burger ratio! :teacher:

Maggie

Good noone deems it tacky. Because, I refuse to eat my fried shrimp @ Mara with cocktail sauce again. :idea: So, I am bringing my own tarter. Yes, I am! I may even pack some gooey ooey bad for me potato buns, and chuck the wheat rolls. Not because. I am cheap. But, because I like gooey ooey white potato buns. On my hamburgers, and on my hotdog from casey's. :lmao: Ok, ok I know thats going a bit to far. But, truly I am bringing my tarter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter