Extension cord question??? (serious)

KimRaye

DIS Oldtimer and Threadkiller
Would you use a string of Christmas lights as an extension cord for a video game system, or TV, or VCR, or the like? :confused:

Personally I wouldn't. I'm pretty sure those are made for no more than what they are intended for.
But I know very little about it. Someone else would know more.

hahaha NO.

i assume real extension cords are not that much more expensive than christmas lights, i don't see why anyone would do this...

Originally posted by KimRaye
Would you use a string of Christmas lights as an extension cord for a video game system, or TV, or VCR, or the like? :confused:

NO NO NO. If you are doing that right now UNPLUG what ever you have plugged in.
ALthough Chirstmas lights have a high rating (for the most part) they are not designed to handle the surges given off when the TV etc are turned on.... could be bad... very bad....

WIth that said.... If the only thing stopping me from watching Survivor/Amazing Race/ Port charles was an extention cord, I might have to risk it.

I gotta ask Why your asking??????? LOL

Originally posted by Laurabearz
I gotta ask Why your asking??????? LOL
Because a 'doofus' in my house right now is suggesting this!!!! :mad: :rolleyes: :mad:
Thank you for your thoughts, I shall print them for said 'doofus'! :mad: :rolleyes:

Tell "doofus" (your words) that if he wants a fire, then he can use the christmas light cords as an extension cord.

If he'd like to have a house to sleep in, then no, no christmas lights. :)

LOL, yes 'something' like that!! At least I thought so!!! :rolleyes: He suggested it to DS though!! UGH!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter