Extended Hours and Crowds

BelleChick

DIS Veteran
I was wondering if anyone had insight on how crowded extended evening hours are at the end of January into February. We are planning to use genie + instead of park hopping, and would have to do a whole day at the park offering the extended hours. Does this make the regular crowd during the day increase? Are crowds significantly decreased during the extended hours? Would it be advantageous to do the extended hours, or just opt for a different park in hopes of smaller daytime crowds? I should also mention that we will be touring with our four year old and my mom as well. Thank you in advance for your help!

I was wondering if anyone had insight on how crowded extended evening hours are at the end of January into February. We are planning to use genie + instead of park hopping, and would have to do a whole day at the park offering the extended hours. Does this make the regular crowd during the day increase? Are crowds significantly decreased during the extended hours? Would it be advantageous to do the extended hours, or just opt for a different park in hopes of smaller daytime crowds? I should also mention that we will be touring with our four year old and my mom as well. Thank you in advance for your help!
The Deluxe Extended Evening Hours don't have any effect on daytime crowds in the park, and the number of guests who can take advantage of DEEH is limited, so it's very worthwhile to attend DEEH because crowds are significantly decreased.

If I were you, I would plan to take advantage of DEEH, but don't try to go from Early Entry all the way through to the end of the DEEH. Either go early, ride some things, leave after lunch for a break, and don't return until late afternoon or even after supper, or else don't go to the park until early afternoon. For us, the plan would depend on how late the park was open that night -- January into February the parks usually don't stay open as late as they do in December -- and we would want to take full advantage of the DEEH.

The extended hours are better at MK than Epcot just because Epcot is so large it takes a while to walk from attraction to attraction that can eat a bit of time.

The two hours goes pretty fast, so have a plan ahead of time of what you want to do.

Remember, up until park closes regular guests can get in line, so early on you may encounter some waits on the most popular attractions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter