• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Explosions at Boston Marathon finish line

How terrible! Sending out good thoughts to everyone. I sincerely hope there is no connection between the dedication to the Newtown victims and the explosions :worried:.

I think if it was a bomb that it was caused by the high profile event rather than Newtown. People come in from all over the world and it is a big revenue stream for the area.

Boston Mayor Menino jsut broke his leg. He won't be getting much rest now with all this.

Third explosion

Sounds like the police found it this not accidental

We have four friends running in the race and we're on pins and needles now. I think all the runners are safe but one of our friends was less than five minutes away from finishing five minutes before the explosions so we're worried about her family.

Reports are 2 devices in 2 trash barrels behind the stands at the finish.

It is a small blessing but I am glad that there are so many EMS and police officers already present.

What a sad day which is supposed to be a wonderful day for all those there.:sad1:

I'm just hoping this is the end and not the beginning.

Mostly concerned that the responsible party has at least three probably timed devices that individually are not likely to cause mass casualties in the hundreds or thousands but some sophistication is present. This is for me the true definition of terrorism. These are war zone tactics.

My son goes to school right near there. He was at the marathon. Thankfully, he called before i had heard about it. Fenway is close, about 1/2mile. My sons school is n the fenway area. This happened near the library.

I Doubt it was an accident.

MSNBC said 3rd explosion was a "controlled explosion".

The third device was found under the spectators bleachers and police detonated it safely. Being reported on CBS.

UGH - I pray for all of those that were hurt and the safety of all those nearby. So terrible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter