Explain to me about the bands

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Shugardrawers, Nov 10, 2018 at 6:42 PM.

1. Shugardrawers

Shugardrawers <font color=teal><b>Ovarian Cancer Survivor!<br><f

I haven't been to WDW in a decade and everything has changed. What are the bands for?

2. Conno

Conno Earning My Ears

In a word... everything.

Park tickets, getting into your room at the resort, Fast Passes, getting pictures and videos from rides, charging purchases to your resort room.

This short 1 minute video by Disney explains it pretty well:

Hopefully likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. DisFam4

DisFam4 Mouseketeer

5. Tiggerlover91

Tiggerlover91 DIS Veteran

In short....the MagicBands make being in Disney MUCH easier. I linked my debit card to it and that's how I paid for the snacks or souvenirs we purchased in the parks. It was nice to know I could leave my debit cards someplace safe and not have to bring it into the parks daily! Not having to keep up with the tickets was a blessing! All I had to do was look down at everyone's wrist. Is there a band on it? Then we're good to go! party:

6. cassie58

cassie58 DIS Veteran

And if you haven't been in a decade, you now make 3 Fastpasses ahead online/day vs pulling the paper ones as you walk around the park, and scan in with the Magic Band for those!

Tiggerlover91 likes this.
  7. mesaboy2

mesaboy2 Sad, strange little man to the gullible.

Well...you’re linking a card to your MDX account with an onsite room reservation. The band is also linked to MDX, and enables charges to the room. So this only works for onsite stays.

8. Shugardrawers

Shugardrawers <font color=teal><b>Ovarian Cancer Survivor!<br><f

One thing I haven't found is whether the bands can each be connected to a different credit card as sis and I are going together. Do all bands for the same room have to be on the same credit card?

9. bumbershoot

bumbershoot DIS Veteran

Yes, once you’re there, at the front desk of your resort.

I find nothing more convenient about the plastic toddler bangle than the cards were. I only rarely set up room charging. I mean, now I do, because you have to to do online checkin, but I don’t use it.

I’m cautious, so I bring a cc anyway, having read many times of their whole band/card charging system going down. I carry ID in case a CM needs it for alcohol or if I have a discount for some reason. I bring my dvc card. I bring my insurance card in case the day goes awry and ends up at the ER.

So I bring everything I used to bring, plus the plastic bangle.