• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Expiration on Birth Certificate?

LADYnTRAMP

<font color=FF66FF>Is living proof that begging wo
Just wondering...has anyone ever heard of a certified copy of a birth certificate being "too old" or expiring?....

absolutely, positively, NO SUCH THING.

No worries. BC's, unlike Passports, NEVER EXPIRE. The only potential problem is I guess if it were so old, torn, or stains spilled on it to the degree that it couldn't be read.....but just bein old????? You should see mine, it's 41 years old, not in good shape....but still tickin just like me :goodvibes

Lynne

;) ;) I think an expired birth certificate would be called a Death Certificate.

(teasing!)

It won't be long before we won't be able to use our birth certificates as identification for travel anyway....everyone will need passports.

very good point justme about the death certificate.....ughhhh

:teeth: Okay, I admit it...y'all got me on that one. Note to self: No posts after 10pm Cruzan time.

LADYnTRAMP said:
Just wondering...has anyone ever heard of a certified copy of a birth certificate being "too old" or expiring?....

They do not have an expiration date, but some of the old ones are no longer valid. All valid birth certificates must have a raised seal on them. My original was hand written without a raised seal, so I had to order another one.

No but thanks to some of fellow country men in California, our birth certificates and drivers licenses will no longer be considered proof of citizenship. Perhaps this on't happen, but it is looking more and more likely as the courts are leaning that way. Once this happens only a US passport will work. A little scary if you ask me.

As it is now, a child born to Two American parents on foreign soil (with foreign birth certificate) must renounce his or her citizenship to the other country in order to obtain a US passport. The USA does not acknowledge dual citizenship. So my foreign born sister does have an "expired" birth certificate because she was issued a new "US birth certificate" along with a new social securtiy card (same number different colors??) and her passport.

So there is such a thing as an expired birth certificate.

Some phoney birth certificate scandal occurred in the county where I was born, so my old certificate, raised seal and all, is no longer good. I had to get a new one issued from the State. But I wouldn't say it expired - it became invalid, I guess.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter