• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Experienced Cozumel Cruisers

revdon64

DIS Veteran
I'm taking the family on a five night DCL including two days at sea, Castaway Cay, and Cozumel in January. My booking window for extras opens next weekend and I want to confer with my kids about what they'd like to do so I'm looking for input.

What are the best inexpensive things to do on our day in Cozumel? There are six of us (DW and I 55, DD34, DD13, DS10, DS7) and we could afford maybe $300-$400 for that day.

What are some "can't miss" things on board, particularly for our Marvel Day at Sea? We're sailing on the 16th of January on the Disney Magic out of Miami.

What should I "don't forget" while planning ahead?

Thanks in advance for all your input!

I'm taking the family on a five night DCL including two days at sea, Castaway Cay, and Cozumel in January. My booking window for extras opens next weekend and I want to confer with my kids about what they'd like to do so I'm looking for input.

What are the best inexpensive things to do on our day in Cozumel? There are six of us (DW and I 55, DD34, DD13, DS10, DS7) and we could afford maybe $300-$400 for that day.

What are some "can't miss" things on board, particularly for our Marvel Day at Sea? We're sailing on the 16th of January on the Disney Magic out of Miami.

What should I "don't forget" while planning ahead?

Thanks in advance for all your input!

You should check out Michael Kay on you tube he was with his sister during a marvel day at sea cruise.

You should check out Michael Kay on you tube he was with his sister during a marvel day at sea cruise.
I've seen that video. Personally I find him to be a bit of a Pollyanna. "Everything is wonderful! You have GOT to try this... and this... and this." Besides, I don't recall him talking much about what needs to be booked ahead of time, how to do that, and how much it costs. Or maybe he did and I just can't get past the sappy, syrupy sweetness.

My kids really liked Paradise Beach. Admission is cheap. They have a nice beach and pool and tons of inflatable water climb on things that kept the kids occupied for hours. Also paddle boarding and snorkeling. There’s an additional fee for the wrist band for the water activities besides just swimming at the beach. My only concern would be your 7yo. The water is deep and the inflatables are huge. If your youngest is not a strong swimmer or not strong enough to pull themselves up, it might be frustrating.
The food, drinks, and service were all great.

What we have done in Cozumel is Playa Mia and on another trip Chankanaab. We did both on our own, saving money. We have had fun with both.

As for the Marvel Day at Sea I have never done that so I couldn’t help you there, sorry.

Have a great time''!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter