**Experience of a Lifetime DISNEY DREAM Jan 21st-23rd,2011 Trip Report UPDATED 2/19**

Sccrmnky2005

Already Earned My Ears ;)
Welcome to my Trip Report of sailing on the New Disney Dream on Jan 21st-23rd, 2011. We are lucky enough to get this oppertunity of a lifetime to sail on the ship!!

The Crew-

Amanda (ME-23)- Disney Bride :bride: getting married in June 2012, lover of all things Disney, this will be my 4th Disney Cruise. Works in Disney Entertainment since May 2008 seasonal, and full time student and paralegal.

Milton (DF-23)- Disney Groom, :groom:, the love of my life!! My love for Disney had grown and rubbed off on him:goodvibes, this will be his 4th Disney Cruise. Works for Environmental Engineering Firm in Downtown.

Lori (My Mom-47)- She's a fun mom, my best friend, we have a great relationship. She works in the Title industry, had her own title company until the market crashed, then merged with the Law firm I work at. So I see her everyday during the week. First Disney cruise!!!

Brennan (My Brother-18) He's a full time college student as well, going for video/tv degree. He likes to skate and play video games outside his two jobs. First Disney Cruise!!!

Lindsey (Best Friend-24)- Lives in FL while she's attending school. This will be her first Disney Cruise, she also works in Disney Entertainment, and was on the College Program. She is a full time student in UCF's Rosen College. She is married to Bobb.

Bobb (Best Friends Husband-30 something?:confused3)- He lives in Alabama and works for a Swim company that Lindsey's Dad owns. He worked for Disney at the Jungle Cruise many years ago (3 i think) that is how him and Lindsey met.

Debbie (Lindsey's Mom)- Owns the Swim Company with her husband. Mother or three daughters, grandmother of one granddaughter. First "real" Disney Cruise (she sailed on the Big Red Boat).

Keith(Lindsey's Dad)- Owns the Swim Company, Father of three daughters, grandfather of one granddaughter. First "real" Disney Cruise (he sailed on the Big Red Boat also).

Vicki (Friend)- She's a well known Photographer, her and her husband own David and Vicki Arndt Photography. We so lucky to be able to get them on this ship thanks to Deb (a Disbride and Disney CM too). 2nd Disney Cruise!!

David (Friend)- Photographer also. They did my engagement pictures back in April 2010 and are doing my wedding in June 2012. We truely have made a great relationship with them, they are really AMAZING people! I love them both so much!! 2nd Disney Cruise. We care celebrating his birthday on this sailing as his Birthday is the Week after the cruise!!:bday:

WOW!! That's a big fun group!!! We made shirts for everyone to wear to the terminal!! This is going to be a great cruise!!

Most recent Pictures...

Me and Milton Engagement Picture
mandyandmilie.jpg

Me and Milton New Years
DSC_9567.jpg

Lindz and Bobb on their wedding day June 18, 2010
lindzandbobb.jpg

Debbie and Keith
debbieandkeith.jpg

Me and My Mom
meandmom.jpg

PLEASE BARE WITH ME I AM TRYING TO START THE TR, BUT SOME PICTURES WILL BE ADDED THIS WEEK FROM DAVID AND VICKI'S CAMERA FOR YOU TO ENJOY AS WELL!!

We ended up stay at the Residence Inn the night before with our friends, as they had a two bedroom suite with a pull out couch. We love the room, it was so nice and had a kitchen and such. This hotel was right by the Country Inn & Suites, where we previously have stayed. I didn't take any pictures, but we did eat at fishlips after we checked in, it was a little bit later before we got dinner and mine and DF's food were cold, but it took so long to get the food we didn't bother sending it back.

Day one:

We got on the shuttle from the hotel about 9:45 and headed off about 10:00am. Seeing the ship for the first time that day and knowing I was finally going to be able to board her was the most amazing feeling!!! :cloud9:

Here we are in the van ready to head off...

Me, Df, Lindsey and Bobb

DSC_9618.jpg

My Mom, Brother, Debbie and Keith

DSC_9615.jpg

Passing by the ship

DSC_9619.jpg

DSC_9622.jpg

We are here!!
DSC_9624.jpg

Waiting on Photobucket to upload...

DSC_9628.jpg

Going out on the deck for the first time and seeing the DREAM was a DREAM!! It's amazing to see the ship for the first time up close!! I felt like I was looking at the Wonder for the first time back when we were on our first cruise. It's a feeling that can't be described.

DSC_9635.jpg

DSC_9630.jpg

Loved all the fun Inaugural Season things around the terminal to take pictures with!!!
DSC_9639.jpg

DSC_9638.jpg

More Group Pictures to come...

DSC_9642.jpg

A few Characters came out while we waited at the Terminal

DSC_9651.jpg

DSC_9650.jpg

The Chandaler was AMAZING!!! The other ships are awesome, but this one is AMAZING!!!

DSC_9653.jpg

DSC_9654.jpg

Door Decorations, My mom and brothers

DSC_9671.jpg

Our door...

DSC_9673.jpg

The Inside of our room Oceanview Deck 2... I was AMAZED by how big the port holes were. I loved being able to look outside whenever I wanted to, as we have always had inside rooms.

DSC_9675.jpg

DSC_9676-1.jpg

DSC_9701.jpg

The fun little gifts we got, I love love love my Dream blanket, it's soooo soft!!!

DSC_9678-1.jpg

These were also handed out at the sailaway party with champagne in them... I kept 6 glasses :)

DSC_9706.jpg

Again waiting on more pictures....

Sailaway party was fun... It started to rain, but then cleared up again before the party started. I LOVE the new sail away party! It was so much fun seeing all the new dances and show they had. They also brough the kids up from The boys and Girls club and brought the check out with the amount that was raised for them!! It was $750,000.00 AMAZING to know that was raised and is going to a great orginzation!

groupshotfront.jpg

groupshotback.jpg

Sailawayparty1.jpg

DSC_9752.jpg

DSC_9770.jpg

DSC_9763.jpg

DSC_9746.jpg

DSC_9745.jpg

DSC_9741.jpg

Next up was exploring the ship a little more before dinner

Pink

DSC_9737.jpg

DSC_9735.jpg

DSC_9731.jpg

DSC_9733.jpg

687 the Sports Bar

DSC_9730.jpg

DSC_9729.jpg

DSC_9724.jpg

A few more pictures around the District

DSC_9726.jpg

DSC_9719.jpg

DSC_9716.jpg

DSC_9711.jpg

Before dinner we headed into the shops and looked around... I've been eyeing the DCL Dooney & Bourke, Milton was nice enough to agree that I can have it! So I bought my first and only Dooney & Bourke purse!!

Here I am just purchased it! I'm sooo excited haha

mandyexcitingaboutpurse2.jpg

Here she is!
DSC_9914.jpg

DSC_9916.jpg

DSC_9917.jpg

Dinner will be in the next post... I'm overloaded with too many pictures for this one :)

Dinner Day one- Enchanted Garden

Pictures with Donald before dinner... I bought the shutters versions with the boarder as well.
CCF01262011_000002.jpg

DSC_9790.jpg

DSC_9789-1.jpg

Me and Milton also bought the shutters professional picture with one of their backgrounds, in and 8x10.

CCF01262011_00000.jpg

DSC_9802-1.jpg

DSC_9795-1.jpg

manandmil5.jpg

manandmil6.jpg

I ordered a regular salad for an app., like I always do with just lettuce, crutons, cucumbers, and ranch. No pic sorry

For dinner I got the organic chicken. It was DELICOUS!! I love how tender and juicy the chicken was! Oh and the cut sweet potatoes were so yummy!!

DSC_9796.jpg

Milton Ordered the SeaBass, he said it was so good. Everyone at the table that order the seabass was very impressed and loved the taste!

DSC_9797-1.jpg

For dessert I got the Strawberry sugar free cheese cake... YUMMY!!!
DSC_9799.jpg

Milton got the trio of desserts
DSC_9801.jpg

So I'm back after a long horrible no pictures,no updates few weeks

Here is our castaway cay day, Which we didn't stay on the island too long
DSC_9833.jpg

DSC_9835.jpg

DSC_9837.jpg

DSC_9840.jpg

DSC_9843.jpg

DSC_9844.jpg

DSC_9849.jpg

DSC_9850.jpg

hehe I love this!!
DSC_9852.jpg

DSC_9853.jpg

DSC_9858.jpg

DSC_9859.jpg

DSC_9864.jpg

Last night- Dinner

This Dinner was really good, at Royal Table. I loved it and we got to sit in the dead center of the resturant under the crystal chandiler!!

I didn't take many pictures that night I was to involved in enjoying the ship one last time. It was sad knowing that the trip was coming to an end and way too soon.

DSC_9874.jpg

manandmil1.jpg

manandmil3.jpg

manandmil.jpg

Ah! So excited for you. Have fun! I'm trying to talk the DF into doing the Dream for our DisneyMoon. ;D But we'll see. He's afraid he's going to get motion sickness.. & I kinda am too?? =X

Ah! So excited for you. Have fun! I'm trying to talk the DF into doing the Dream for our DisneyMoon. ;D But we'll see. He's afraid he's going to get motion sickness.. & I kinda am too?? =X

I actually got really sea sick the first night of my first cruise... Feeling the ship rocking and moving in the dining room with no windows (animators palate) was noooo fun!! I then discovered that Guest Services had motion sickness pills and was prefect for the rest of that cruise and the following teo cruises after that. I will be stoping by guest services first thing friday after boarding to get that wonderful medicine, as I'm probably used to the ship by now, but I def don't want to risk feeling that way on vacation ever again!!:goodvibes

Looking forward to your report :sail: I watched the ship dedication online this morning. I've only been on one cruise (a Disney cruise a while back) and I got the sea sickness patches from my doctor before we left and it helped so much. It was so convenient to stick right behind my ear. I get car sick, so I knew I would need it!

I actually got really sea sick the first night of my first cruise... Feeling the ship rocking and moving in the dining room with no windows (animators palate) was noooo fun!! I then discovered that Guest Services had motion sickness pills and was prefect for the rest of that cruise and the following teo cruises after that. I will be stoping by guest services first thing friday after boarding to get that wonderful medicine, as I'm probably used to the ship by now, but I def don't want to risk feeling that way on vacation ever again!!:goodvibes

Oh wow! Definitely good to know! =] Kinda makes me feel even more confident about doing a cruise! :banana:

Only half a work day left and I'll be home to finish last minute packing and then head to my mom's house for the night. Then we are dropping our dogs off in the morning at a friends and heading to the Port!!! Can't wait!!! :goodvibes

Lindsey, Bobb, and her parents are staying at the Residence Inn tonight before the cruise, I'm totally jealous they get to do this:rolleyes1

So change of plans... we are hoping that we will be staying with them tonight at the hotel!! I'm trying to arrange everything and get the dogs dropped off tonight! Hopefully everything owrks out and we will be leaving tonight!!

Hi Amanda! So excited for you and your travel "crew"...sounds like you've got fun bunch...can't wait to hear all about it and see your pics!!! :surfweb::banana::banana::banana:

Joining in! I have to say you are so pretty and your Fiance is gorgeous too!
I am so excited to hear about your cruise. We are booked for March 31.
We are also staying at Residence Inn the night before, so I wil lbe interested to hear about that as well.
Have fun! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter