Expedition Everest Hair Ties Question

PPFDDisneyLover

Mouseketeer
On the ride when it's stopped prior to going backwards into the Yeti, there are hair ties all over the place next to the car, anyone know why?

Thanks, but I'm wondering if there is a specific reason why they are there, I'm talking about dozens of them, not 4 or 5 of them.......

Thanks, but I'm wondering if there is a specific reason why they are there, I'm talking about dozens of them, not 4 or 5 of them.......

Because of the lemming effect. Once the first person did it, many people felt the need to do it.

Nope. They're really just there because people throw them there. No other reason.

Yep - people just throw them there. It's a sort of "I was here" thing. At least it's not gum.

LOL. I totally noticed them there last week. It is a fairly new thing as they weren't there last summer. It must be a difficult location for cast members to access so they don't get cleaned up.

Not new. I've been going every year, multiple times a year, ever since the ride opened and the hair ties have been a common sight for many of them. Seems like they were cleared off when the owl feature was fixed, though.

LOL. I totally noticed them there last week. It is a fairly new thing as they weren't there last summer. It must be a difficult location for cast members to access so they don't get cleaned up.
If you didn't see them there last summer, you must have done shortly after the area had been cleaned. They've been collecting there since the ride opened.

Its a thing. Like throwing coins into water for no apparent reason.

But at least the coins are picked up and donated to charity. Husband had a nice conversation one morning with a groundskeeper at Coronado Springs who was cleaning the coins out. The grounds keeper said it was a nice gesture but a pain to get them out and maybe something else could be done. BTW - the was a place over at Animal Kingdom outside Mara I believe where the signs encouraged people to donate coins for the conservation effort.

If you didn't see them there last summer, you must have done shortly after the area had been cleaned. They've been collecting there since the ride opened.
Agree with PP they were there during our last 3 trips, 2011,2013, and 2014. Not new
We rode today and immediately noticed the hair ties. I came on just now specifically to see if anyone had posted about this yet. I wasn't sure when it started. We've been on Everest dozens of times since it opened and this is the first time we ever noticed them so apparently every time we've gone has been right after they were cleaned up, or there were so few that it didn't stand out. Never before has there been an amount that any of us noticed.

The hair ties are becoming bigger since the internet has blown up with all things Disney. It is an "I was here" kind of thing. I don't get it and think it is stupid. Disney tries to clean it up as much as they can but even a few hours into an operating day the crest can be covered again. They could clear then everyday during the track walk and it would be a mess again by mid day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter