• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Expedition Everest Challenge Trekkers

blizzard

DIS Veteran
I wanted to start a thread for those of us participating in the inaugural EEC. Please join in with questions, discussion, and let us know where you are staying. I'd like to organize a WISH meet of some sort.

Name(s) - Team Name - Staying at

blizzard (Carol) & DH (John) - X-Files - AKL
jeanneg (Jeanne) & DS (Adam) - We Eat Yeti - AKL
DianeL (Diane) & DH (Ray) & DM (Barb) & DF - Team Raftiki - ?
cobbler & DH - ? - CBR
Cruella de mom (Cecilia) & DH (Lawson) - Cruella & Grumpy - AKL
TnTsParty (Tricia) & DH (Brian) - McTrekking Yeti's - CSR
acourtwdw2 (Amanda) & DSis acourtwdw (Annette) - ? - AKL
crzy4pooh (Lynnda) & DH wfloyd (Bill) - ? - home
Texa & DS - ? - AKL
tigger2esq (Renee) - Mouse Mommies - CSR
sk8ingmom & DH - Team Bozo - AKL
5/4Disney & DH - ? - AKL
BigFanOfTheWorld (Chris) & Brian & Kevin - Sweaty Yetis - AKL
MomtoGKC (Amy) & DF - Girls Night Out - AKL
megan2346 & DH - ? -?
sasha's goofy & bff - Northwest Trekkers - ASSp
rthutchens & DH - Yaking Yetis - AKL
sunshine girl (Laura) & BF (Russ) - Congratulations! - ?
luvdiz2 (Cindy) & DS - ? - Pop
twoWDWfools (Liz) & DH -TwoFools - CBR
Hootiss & DSis - U2 - ?
sailors_wfe & DH - ? - SSR & BWV
Lan - ? - ?
Mouse Skywalker (Dave) - ? - ?
heathrow42 (Heather) & DH & Jill - The Schiller Sherpas - ?
getnthinr (Wendy) & DB (Ken) - Pain and Panic - ASSp
Lexxiefern (Becky) - ? - ?
syko & ? - Syko Honeys - ?
hungrygreenhippo - ? - ?
cdotla (Trish) & DF (Andrea) - Happy Mommies - Poly
Sneezie & DSis - Sassy Sisters - ?
ChocoKat & DH - Benjamins - AKL

About the Expedition Everest Challenge:

Event starts at 7pm on September 27, 2008

5K COURSE
START - Butterfly parking lot of Disney's Animal Kingdom® Park
RUN - Through Disney's Animal Kingdom® Park past attractions such as Dinosaur, Expedition Everest™, and the Tree of Life®.
FINISH - Butterfly parking lot of Disney's Animal Kingdom® Park

OBSTACLE COURSE
A few surprise obstacles will be stationed in the Butterfly parking lot of Disney's Animal Kingdom® Park once trekkers return from their 5K run. The obstacles are not very difficult but the team must have fun completing them!

SCAVENGER HUNT
After completing the obstacle course with their teammate the trekkers will return to Disney's Animal Kingdom® Park along the same 5K course to search for the clues inside their Expedition Passport. When they find a clue inside the park they must have that clue stamped in their Expedition Passport. Once a team has all of their clues stamped then they can return to the FINISH in the Butterfly parking lot of Disney's Animal Kingdom® Park.

Hi Carol,

Count us in! Since my husband and I will have just returned from the Disney Panama Canal cruise that month and are also planning to do the TofT 13K in October, there was no way he could take off any more time for this event. So I will be doing EEC with my oldest son, Adam (28) who is presently a struggling film-maker living in NY. He is a big Disney fan and a real kid at heart. He loves EE and is very excited about the event, but even more excited about having 4 days of eating well! We are also staying at AKL. My goal is to get him to wear a WISH shirt for the event. Of all my children, he is the one most likely to do so.
Hope you can arrange a WISH meet. As of right now, it seems there aren't too many of us signed up.

Jeanne

DianeL & DH = Team Raftiki (it was a surprise and Mom & DH couldn't remember I was on the Hakuna Matata group LOL)

Barb (my mom who doesn't post but is regularly spotted at the races) and Dad will be doing the race but not as a team. This will be Dad's 1st Disney race and unless we sign him up before hand his 1st EVER race.

This is Ray's (dh) 1st Disney race. some might recall seeing a miserible looking WISH dh on the side of the Marathon course going to the MK and just before Mile 13 and later again outside of MGM standing apart from the group. Kathy (Valentine) took him under her wing. The poor guy wasn't feeling well and had flown down to support me and hold my spare bottles and gu. Hopefully he'll be looking a bit more lively for the EE5K :laughing:

After the Minnie Weekend I am even more pumped for EE. I picked up a shirt at a kiosk by EE this weekend that says I CONQUERED EVEREST it's in a royal like blue. I'm tempted to get some fabric paint and add race info to it. So I'll be packing away that shirt to wear for the trip.

Hoping to get in my first run since Minnie tonight. I think Minnie was just what I needed to get me back on track. A weekend with my WISH family :thumbsup2 Just what the doc ordered :lovestruc

I of course will be wearing my WISH shirt. I'm not sure on the others. Mom and Ray both have shirts but they are cotton so I will have to order something up if they WISH to wear WISH LOL

Happy training!!!!

Glad to have you there, Diane & fam! You were the other WISHer with the Minnie ears, right?

I forgot to post our team name......"We Eat Yeti"

Yup, I was wearing a slightly off set of ears. I knocked them getting in the car that morning so they are more back than they should be. Wearing one of those headbands they were selling at the expo to keep my bangs out of my eyes. I got the idea from being around Cheryl & Matt in the full. Cheryl pulled the look off better than I ever could but I liked the idea of the band to keep my bangs in control so a Shout out to Cheryl (Mstropicana) :worship:

Not knowing what to expect on the EE5K I will probably just sport a ponytail again :thumbsup2 But I'm going to be on the look out for a tiara for a certain race next year ;) Oh and the skirt is now a must. Those things are just too comfortable and much neater looking than my shorts.

That was the 1st time sporting a pair of 'ears' in a race for me and I didn't even notice them except for getting in the car and later getting the medal.

Me and my hubby will be doing the EE5K. I don't remember our team name thought.

We will be staying at CBR.

Dh (Lawson) and I are going to be there too!

It will be DH's first Disney race ever! He has never even seen one since January is a tough time for mutants to take off. (for those of you that haven't seen Mr Magorium's Magic Emporium, a mutant is an accountant)

We are staying at AKL and our team name is Cruella & Grumpy.

Cecilia

Me and my DH (Brian) are doing the EE5k challenge. Our name is McTrekking Yeti's - corny I know - our last name starts with Mc so I figured include that in there somehow and my DH loves the Yeti so I had to have that in there and of course we are going to be Trekking!! LOL

I doubt I could get my DH to wear a WISH shirt though. We probably won't even wear anything that matches - my DH is just wierd like that!! LOL

We don't have reservations yet but probably will end up staying at one of the All Stars if I can get a FL resident or a passholder rate when they are released since we already have reservations for Oct for the TOT race at the Beach Club. Most likely will be a quick trip.

My sister Annette(acourtwdw) and I (acourtwdw2) will be doing the EE and staying at AKV. We can't remember our team name though.

Amanda

DH (wfloyd) and I are in - we just can't sign up yet because we haven't thought of a team name. ;) We will drive over for the race - no hotel. I'm excited!!!!! :thumbsup2

--Lynnda

I'm so glad to see that there are lots of people doing EEC! :goodvibes Lots of us at Animal Kingdom Lodge too! (we are DVC members and in the villas, but the $155 rate at AKL for the weekend is a great rate)

I wanted to start a positive thread on this event, since it seems to get a lot of negative comments due to the cost. (But it's not JUST a 5K, it's a 5K and an obstacle course and a scavenger hunt!)

I will have a WISH shirt for the event, but I'm not sure about DH. (I have an Alert Shirt, but am thinking about an Eye2Eye one when the growing pains are over)

:thumbsup2

I'm trying to talk my DD14 into doing this with me but no luck so far. :sad1: I really want to do it but I'm not sure about going solo.

My friend Donna and I are considering a "girls weekend" to do this. no definite plans yet but we will know for sure by June 1!!

My DS11 and I are going to do this! We will be staying at AKL.
I don't remember putting down a team name.

Hi everyone-

Just a note to those of you that haven't decided on a hotel. Make sure you note that there is only transportation to 3 hotels. (AKL, CSR, & All Sports)

I think AKL will sell out fast at the great rate and the fact that its all right there. So don't take too long to decide!

Thinking about doing it with a friend. She is trying to make her whole office do it as a "team building" weekend! :) I'm about to call her now to hear any updates.

I invited my church to do this as a CHALLENGE! So far, I have about 5 takers! I'll send more info soon! :thumbsup2

well we are not yet officially registered for the race, we DO have a room booked at Cornodado Springs for the weekend (at a rate of $104! wow)

I am getting excited. we need to just bite the bullet and register!

Team Bozo checking in.

DH runs marathons. I don't.
I in-like skate. DH doesn't.

Finally! A race we can do together!
We'll be at AKL.

Like Jeanneg, we'll be returning to WDW just 3 weeks after the EB Panama Canal cruise. This will be my first Disney race (since they canceled the inline marathon - booooo) & DH's 2nd. He ran the 2008 Marathon & will do it all over again in 2009. Yay! 3 Disney trips in 6 months!

Hi sk8ingmom! I look forward to meeting you on the PC repo! I had to finally give up on the main PC thread. It was moving so fast it was actually stressing me out. Once I stopped trying to keep up, I felt like a huge weight had been lifted. It saddens me to think I am not really part of the group, but a girl's gotta do what she's gotta do. I am not a runner either....but I have walked a marathon. I am doing this event with my very un-athletic son as a mommy-son bonding experience. We are looking at it as a fun event and chance to get some easy bling.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter