• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Excursions - What did you do on PCC 1.0 and would you recommend it?

I will agree with the parasailing on Castaway Cay- it was my first time, and I was a bit nervous as I am afraid of heights, but it was amazing, and to my surprise not frightening at all. I just loved it, we are doing the western carribean on the Magic in August and we are signed up again! Highly recommend-

I am terrified of falling. I had the hardest time walking around Deck 10 while in port. However, parasailing was a breeze. Gentle, smooth, and I never once felt any fear. And I agree with Mindy. Get Torpedoed.

Question on the Segway excursion...

My DH is legally blind. He can see clearly; however, he is 100% color blind, very sensitive to bright light (wears very dark sunglasses much of the time we are outdoors), and sees things smaller than the normal eye. Basically, he can't see details until they are right in front of his face.

We have done the Segway tour in Epcot, and have wanted to do the one at Ft Wilderness, but are nervous due the terrain-he's thinking if there are sticks, etc. in the pathway that we are supposed to go around, he wouldn't see them until he was right on them, and might end up taking a spill.

Is the terrain like that, where you have to keep your eyes very attentive to the path in front of you? Or is it basically clear, but you are on various types of terrain (sand, gravel, grass, etc.)?

I know he would LOVE it and if I can describe the terrain to him, we just might do this. :thumbsup2

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Question on the Segway excursion...

My DH is legally blind. He can see clearly; however, he is 100% color blind, very sensitive to bright light (wears very dark sunglasses much of the time we are outdoors), and sees things smaller than the normal eye. Basically, he can't see details until they are right in front of his face.

We have done the Segway tour in Epcot, and have wanted to do the one at Ft Wilderness, but are nervous due the terrain-he's thinking if there are sticks, etc. in the pathway that we are supposed to go around, he wouldn't see them until he was right on them, and might end up taking a spill.

Is the terrain like that, where you have to keep your eyes very attentive to the path in front of you? Or is it basically clear, but you are on various types of terrain (sand, gravel, grass, etc.)?

I know he would LOVE it and if I can describe the terrain to him, we just might do this. :thumbsup2

Thanks in advance for any advice!
Let me first say that I have pretty good vision, despite the bifocals.

I honestly believe that this may be a bit of a challenge for your DH. The paths, while well-marked, are not extremely clear. You don't have to dodge things, since the Segway goes over obstacles quite well, but you have to be aware of the "edges" of everything...there are bridges with no rails to keep you on (small, but you'd take a tumble if you went off the edge), and there are branches overhanging some of the pathways. You do have to anticipate corners, and hills, and such.

As far as describing the terrain to your DH while underway, that might prove difficult. I found it hard to carry on ordinary conversation while we were moving, since we had to keep a good distance from each other to avoid any accidents. They also have Walkie Talkies on each Segway, which the tour guides use to communicate with everyone...but I usually couldn't understand a word they were saying (my eyes are pretty good, but my ears...not so much!).

All this being said, I guess only you would know if your DH would be able to handle doing this. My guess is that it might prove a little too challenging to be enjoyable for him.

Let me first say that I have pretty good vision, despite the bifocals.

I honestly believe that this may be a bit of a challenge for your DH. The paths, while well-marked, are not extremely clear. You don't have to dodge things, since the Segway goes over obstacles quite well, but you have to be aware of the "edges" of everything...there are bridges with no rails to keep you on (small, but you'd take a tumble if you went off the edge), and there are branches overhanging some of the pathways. You do have to anticipate corners, and hills, and such.

As far as describing the terrain to your DH while underway, that might prove difficult. I found it hard to carry on ordinary conversation while we were moving, since we had to keep a good distance from each other to avoid any accidents. They also have Walkie Talkies on each Segway, which the tour guides use to communicate with everyone...but I usually couldn't understand a word they were saying (my eyes are pretty good, but my ears...not so much!).

All this being said, I guess only you would know if your DH would be able to handle doing this. My guess is that it might prove a little too challenging to be enjoyable for him.

Thank you so much for this information!

I will describe this to him and see what he thinks. I think he'd be OK with edges and such-but I can also see him so focused on not falling off a ledge, etc. that he gets swapped with an overhanging branch or something...which, like you said-might prove to be too challenging to be enjoyable.

Thank you again-this is very, very helpful! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter