Excursions Suggestions - Key West & Nassau

tink_2304

Earning My Ears
We are officially taking our 1st disney cruise out of New Orleans at the beginning of February. With Excursions starting to be booked is there any recommendations or must sees while at Key West and / or Nassau. We are a family of 4 with a 2yr old and 9 mth old at the time of sailing.

With littles like that you won't find too many excursions other than tours for kids that small. In Key West You can take the conch train on your own. It is a hop on and off at various points, or you could just visit one of the beaches along the south side of the island. There is an aquarium, but I haven't been there.

Nassau has a few resorts for the day if you need a beach fix, or you can try atlantis. We typically will enjoy the ship when at nassau.

We are childless, but we did a pub crawl tour in Nassau. It was sooo much fun! You have a guide that walks you around the city and gives you city history as you make your way to the next bar. At each bar you get a token for a drink. You also got a t-shirt and the had a conch shell blowing contest at the end. That was very interesting, but my husband won for our group.
Before our pub crawl we walked to the most southern point in US and took a picture with the marker. I also got a pic of mile marker 0. I LOVE Key West!

Key West is a very walkable town so you really don't need an excursion. We (a group of adults) were pretty impressed with the aquarium in Key West. It's not large, and it's nothing fancy, but it's very well done, and the employees are very knowledgeable. There's a touch tank for kiddos too. I think it was about $15/adult 2 years ago, so not horribly priced either.

I'm honestly not sure what I would do with kiddos that age in Nassau.

I think there is not much for the little one. In Key West, you can just walk into town and the aquarium is on the pier. And maybe in Nassau go to a nice white sandy beach.

I wouldnt go to the beach in KW with kids that little. The beach is very rocky, bring water shoes if you do go and know, depending on the tide, that the footing may be very uneven. I LOVE the state park beach in KW I just wouldnt do it with two kids that little. As PP have said KW is very walk able. Id probably either walk around or do the HOHO Conch train with kids that age. Maybe do a photo op at the southernmost point if the line isnt too long.

If your kids like cats, stop at the Hemingway house on the conch train tour and see the 6 toed cats.

If your kids like cats, stop at the Hemingway house on the conch train tour and see the 6 toed cats.
I sat on one of the benches in the shade. Just sat there. After some time the cats came to say hello without me doing anything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter