Excursions for toddlers???

emsip

Mouseketeer
My family is doing the double dip cruise next year. My boys will be 1y and 4yr at the time of sailing. Does anyone have any excursion suggestions that my kids will enjoy?

I love the Double Dips. We're taking our second next year. We've been traveling with our DD on DCL since she's been 18 months old. She turns 6 in December. We've always found plenty to do with her. At CC rent bikes. My DH and DD did this on the last trip and had fun exploring the island. In Cozmel we enjoyed a day at the beach using a DCL excursion. Costa Maya there's not much, after Hurricane Dean there's probably less. If they rebuild it to the way it was, you'll find shopping markets and a large saltwater pool, lounge chairs, entertainment and EASY access back to the ship. My DD had a ball swimming there.

I'll give you a Mommy tip... at CC don't bring your stroller off the ship. When the tram drops you off at the family beach there are plenty of wagons and strollers to use free of charge. They're great!

Enjoy!

On CC they have little kids bikes with training wheels and helmets and adult bikes with child seats, they may like a nice ride around the island.

I dont know what other islands you are going to but St. Maartin i would say the butterfly farm excursion is a good one.

st. thomas, coral world has an underwater observatory they cansee all the beautiful fish without getting wet. It is an old place so isnt the prettiest to the eye but for a 3 year old would be great. they also have other exhibits ot see. www.coralworld.com to see what is there.

Nassau, I would go to atlantis for the aquarium tour. The tour goes wuickly but you can go back as much as you want at your own pace, just show the bracelet they put on you when you book the tour. some of this tour is outside with a few stairs, not gogd for a stroller, so if you bring a stroller, I would suggest an umbrella one that is easy to fold up. It is only alittle bite, but the windows are floor to ceiling so she can stand on her own or sit in a stroller to see easily.

all the beaches are nice but on the eatern itenerary be warned of clothing optional beaches for the most part.

hope this helps some,

mom x4,grandma x4

I did the atlantis tour 2 years ago w/ a 2 year old....don't bring a coach! There are numerous steps. I had to rely on strangers to help me carry the coach up and down tons of steps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NIGHTMARE!

Double dip is going to CC twice, Costa Maya (maybe) and Cozumel. I am having trouble finding anything to do in Cozumel besides the beach and snorkeling.

My wife does not want to do any type of small boat activity. She is worried about the boats not having infant size life preservers/vests in case anything happens.

Going to a beach in Cozumel is always a choice, but since we will have two days in CC, I thought we might do something else in Cozumel.

The eastern ports seems to have more non-water/beach related activities than the western ports.

On CC they have little kids bikes with training wheels and helmets and adult bikes with child seats, they may like a nice ride around the island.

mom x4,grandma x4

Do they have the double bikes like the ones on the Boardwalk? I forget what they are called.

No they dont they just have regular bikes with a child seat attached behind the adult seat, or tiny kids bikes with training wheels and helmets for anyone who wants them, required for the kids. also small kids bikes without training wheels.
I believe the bikes at Boardwalk are called a Surry. Not sure of the correct spelling.
CC also has a glass bottom boat ride that kids seem to like andit is a good size boat for your wife not to worry. They do ahve live vests for all ages aboard.

Grand caymen has a turtle farm young kids like. There is no excursion that only goes there. They have one that goes a few places including the turtle farm, but it is easy to get a taxi at the port to take you there and one back again. Not sure of the price. But if you do this, go in the morning because the traffic on the road back gets horrible in the afternoon and you dont want to run late and miss the ship!!

Cozumel is a touch one for kids, accept for a beach. I was just there in July.
I will ask my friends who have young kids and have been there if they did something besides a beach day. If they tell me anything different than a beach day I will post and let you know.

mom x4,grandma x4

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter