Exclusive unlimited front of line access for hotel guests is OVER

We're not members of AAA, so can I get their rate? I will call them, though...thanks.
And thanks to the PP who mentioned the Universal site, I'll try that.

It is three "Kids" but one of them just turned 18, so I guess technically he's an adult even if he doesn't act like it. :laughing:

For sake of the hotel rates, I believe he would still be considered a child. I tried looking for verification on Universal's website, and the only similar info I could find is that the minimum age to book is 21. To me, that indicates that 20 or younger is considered "child".

Age Requirements
Guests must be 21 years of age to book a hotel room and provide proper identification upon check-in.

http://www.universalorlando.com/hotels/hotel-resort-information.html#policies

Edit: Sorry for the mis-information. The Child age is listed as 0-17 on the booking website. Sorry for the confusion!

We're not members of AAA, so can I get their rate? I will call them, though...thanks.
And thanks to the PP who mentioned the Universal site, I'll try that.

It is three "Kids" but one of them just turned 18, so I guess technically he's an adult even if he doesn't act like it. :laughing:

I've never heard of the hotels checking the kids' ages.

So let's do the math again.

Onsite for one night -- two days in park for a family of four

hotel: $200
tickets: $400
total: $600

Offsite for one night -- two days n park

hotel: $100
tickets and passes: $260x4 = $1040
total: $1060 + parking

However, with one annual pass you can stay at any of the three onsite hotels this summer for under $200. For $250/night you get your kids free and unlimited express pass. There are so many ways to get a better deal for staying onsite than for staying offsite and using the VIP express pass

The 2-day ticket and pass is only $240.

Still way cheaper and much more convenient to stay in a Universal hotel for a family of four who will only visit the parks for two days. This is what we did a couple of weeks ago (Saturday and Sunday, May 30-31). The parks were not crowded at all though on the Sunday we were there.

I don't think the VIP passes will hurt the FOTL at all. We have walked on every ride the last few days and I have seen a few people pull out express passes (the ones you pay extra for) not VIP passes. We used FOTL perks because we are staying on site, great rate too! I would never do Universal without staying on site!!!!

okay, I'm an English major, so someone want to do the math for me? It seems to me that even though I can can get a FREE hotel room offsite, it might be cheaper to stay onsite.

We are a family of 5, 3 adults, 2 children. Planning to stay one night on July 12 (Sunday). Going to US and IOA on 12th/13th.

If we stay offsite, we'll have to buy the FOTL pass for both days as we can't get there before 10 a.m. the first day and have to leave between 5-6 p.m. the second day.

So if I estimate $250 for one night in RPH, wouldn't that be cheaper than a free hotel + purchasing FOTL passes.

thanks!
realized I had not included my numbers:

Option #1
Free hotel w/ shuttle
2-Park Universal Express VIP Pass (2-Day) for 5 people: $240x5=$1200

total: $1200

Option #2

Onsite hotel (estimate) $250
add'l adult $25
2-day tickets for 5: $500

total: $775

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So initially it appears to be cheaper to stay on site, but they are probably counting on making more money off of me (restaurants, etc...)
But are my figures reasonably accurate?

okay, I'm an English major, so someone want to do the math for me? It seems to me that even though I can can get a FREE hotel room offsite, it might be cheaper to stay onsite.

We are a family of 5, 3 adults, 2 children. Planning to stay one night on July 12 (Sunday). Going to US and IOA on 12th/13th.

If we stay offsite, we'll have to buy the FOTL pass for both days as we can't get there before 10 a.m. the first day and have to leave between 5-6 p.m. the second day.

So if I estimate $250 for one night in RPH, wouldn't that be cheaper than a free hotel + purchasing FOTL passes.

thanks!

Yes ma'am.

Express passes are $42.99/person/day. Multiply that by 10 and you've got yourself a good deal.

Just book a room at RPR for under $200.Only one person got to go and get the room cards and stay at the timeshare.You dont have to use the room.But you get 2days of FOTL.Much cheaper then buying the Express or VIP passes!!!!
Alot of people do this.

Just book a room at RPR for under $200.Only one person got to go and get the room cards and stay at the timeshare.You dont have to use the room.But you get 2days of FOTL.Much cheaper then buying the Express or VIP passes!!!!
Alot of people do this.

First off, express and VIP passes are two different things?

Second, if we did just book the RPR and not stay there, all five of us can get FOTL passes?

Finally, if I'm going to pay at least $200 for the room, shouldn't I just stay there and enjoy the benefits of on-site? My free room at the other hotel is actually using my Priority Club points, so I could save them for another time.

sorry for so many questions...why do they make it so confusing! :headache:

Second, if we did just book the RPR and not stay there, all five of us can get FOTL passes?

Finally, if I'm going to pay at least $200 for the room, shouldn't I just stay there and enjoy the benefits of on-site? My free room at the other hotel is actually using my Priority Club points, so I could save them for another time.

1'st-Yes they are.VIP costs alot more then Express

2'nd-Yes all five will recieve a room card-FOTL

3'rd-I would cause its so beautiful.But for the ones that have a free stay at a timeshare or get a better deal at a local motel,this is the cheaper way.
Its not putting the screws to the system cause your still paying to stay on-site.US makes there money,resorts makes theres and you come out ahead money wise...

I would definitely save the points for another time. If you go during the off-season you could stay offsite and not even need the express passes. However, going in the summer, I would stay onsite.

dduck and damo, thank you for your help and information. I really appreciate it. :)

We are a family of 5, 3 adults, 2 children. So if I estimate $250 for one night in RPH,

Onsite hotel (estimate) $250
add'l adult $25

If you decide to stay at the onsite hotel, I was wondering about the ages of the kids and what your sleeping arrangements are. If you need a rollaway, that would be extra as well.

If you decide to stay at the onsite hotel, I was wondering about the ages of the kids and what your sleeping arrangements are. If you need a rollaway, that would be extra as well.

I suppose we would need a rollaway unless we get a suite. Our kids are DS18, DS14 and DD8.

When we are driving we pack our quick air mattress but as we are flying in and taking a cruise, we're not bringing that big thing!

I suppose we would need a rollaway unless we get a suite. Our kids are DS18, DS14 and DD8.

When we are driving we pack our quick air mattress but as we are flying in and taking a cruise, we're not bringing that big thing!

If you get a suite, you don't have to pay for the extra adult since there aren't more than 2 adults in each room.

just got a quote from DU for our family of five: one night at HRH, 2Q Garden View: $353.25 (includes tax).

That's pretty expensive. What date are you looking at? Are you an AAA member?

I thought it was expensive, too. I'm looking at July 12 for one night. We are not AAA members, but I sure am considering joining for a year.

There are also substantial discounts if you happen to be a resident of Florida or Georgia...

I thought it was expensive, too. I'm looking at July 12 for one night. We are not AAA members, but I sure am considering joining for a year.

Try calling Universal to check their AAA rates. Lately, the AAA rates haven't been available on their website and are only available by calling.

Then contact your local AAA office and see what the price is. I wouldn't be surprised if the money saved by the reduced rate would pay for an AAA membership. Once you have an AAA membership, it will then get you discounts on food and souveniers at both parks as well as at Citywalk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter