Exciting Half-Month DVC Trip - Boring Title! Complete... We leave today! (6/2/17)

Joining in. It's great to see those grand villas--I didn't know they existed! Would never have a call for such a large villa, so never looked into it. I love that your family is so close and loves to travel together! I'm sure it will be a wonderful trip!

Less than seven weeks to go

Yes indeed, Mom. Yes indeed. We're so close!

Joining in. It's great to see those grand villas--I didn't know they existed! Would never have a call for such a large villa, so never looked into it. I love that your family is so close and loves to travel together! I'm sure it will be a wonderful trip!

So glad to meet you! The grand villas are amazing... Looks like you're heading the Poly soon. That's my favorite resort, you're so lucky!

Okay… With only 7 weeks until Dis-day, I still have a lot of setup to do… My plan is four posts each featuring four days. My DH has still yet to restore the files on our portable hard drive, so although I have all our pictures from 2014, I don’t have any from our other trips. On that same note, I do have lots of pics from our 2012 trip on Photobucket (remember when Disboards required that you use a service like that to share photos on their site) but since I’ve abandoned it, the site appears to have gone downhill. I tried to download photos and they came out all distorted. Such a pain. Ok, vent over.

Day 1 - June 3, 2017 - Resort: AKL - Park: None

And so it begins. Early, like really early. I’ve decided to take the plunge and we went all in on a Frontier Airlines red-eye - a first for our family. Our flight departs at 12:15 and we get in just before 6 am EST. This works our great (hypothetically) as Caz doesn’t have to miss work since we live three hours from the airport. By my figuring we don’t have to leave until around 6 pm. I’m hoping the girls will snooze before we board, all the way there and so on.

I’m looking forward to our first monorail ride at MCO:

gczQMeY-8H0sl0xGH6NI2bdvBo9_tJhOdZAaLME92C3Xfgq96-03dCJwyUVOP-UU3g5LVHHOy753iTM7-xK2PYxhuJ-CesgRDOeD57xKS-qxf1p7yFBhjepYaAXwbsBAq85e1UMb

When we arrive, Papa will be there snoozing in the room my mom reserved for him Friday night at AKL (a DVC studio, standard view). We will check into the GV when we get there but even if it isn’t ready, we’ll have a place to crash. I’m curious if the girls will sleep. I may force them to lay down at least until it is time to check out. Again, time will tell. I can’t wait to see this sign, though:

vD3_mn2uo8gY8IryuHvVybsLmlUWiv7Q0PWuq505JmvMGVDwUzSRwR5e6-T00Xv3fw7zXWZh1qtbTALMUcgS0n6gMhw7muvYUEVACyrZo_mOuz9d291KCvzjOO7TmEoNex-vO-38

And this one too:

v6s0jCl1P7PWm_5jCSLPL_ojpa7r5-wdxzWpAefsBsLOqLddM6_7eaOdd-TPRw_1d_-ZEHq_9VLBOt9APBs8yXKTPdbYbFaNk0qOhgax59-FHe8zP8Xk-zWdCTJX1B4DUS7jJlAi

So we’ll sleep (hopefully) and then wait for the others to arrive around noon. After that we’re hoping for good weather so that we can enjoy the pool. If not, I’m guessing there will be some serious examination of the hotel. Which is a-o-k with me. It is spectacular. I wonder if I can find a premade scavenger hunt on the internet? Hmmm…. Dinner will be in the room (hopefully we can check in sooner rather than later) and then I’m guessing although the girls will be exhausted and they’ll go to bed early. Yea, right.

Day 2 - June 4, 2017 - Resorts: AKL & BCV - Park: Epcot

We plan on making a breakfast casserole the night before and putting it in the oven when the first person wakes. Then we’ll lounge around the “room” (um, I mean three bedroom palace) until check-out. If the weather agrees we’ll do some more swimming and eat lunch either at the pool or at Mara. Then it will be time for the first park of the trip - Epcot! Yay!!! This is one of my favorite pics from the 2014 trip:

gaD1Fdjv0D8cB7NA3XMG8Telhu7eqNYOT5Z-cYqaG9-ion41oRbxiRdt2NYteO_WjsCSZsXlINgZUyzIYk87j60kEctNUJDJBDCAX6UF1wCSEP_YHYW8ft-gISr_LlLMRcUi8rHt

We went heavy on Epcot this first part of the trip as we’re staying at BCV and it will be easy as pie to get there. In fact, this kind of set the stage for NOT following easywdw.com Josh’s recommendations from 2016 for the best parks to visit. No worries, we understand what we’re getting into, and besides with 10 days in the parks we have 30 (!) FP+ opportunities. We plan to take it easy and stop to smell the roses. Or drink the beer. Whichever you prefer. Or both. The following photo is courtesy of my aforementioned favorite blogger:

sZQY7TDDUAZLeB5b15ZVQmHExaiMzlj9BzlQaysZlvCZtpA0Hu0iYxW5GLctVt7JA6kkEpvzHkVwnroG4W6MhUJdpK9SPk6XScB4ltgYOHYeKU5yDS8HWoQHzmj7dG1isn2ryYNy

The first ride of the trip will be a SPE FP+ @ 2:05 pm. I do love me some SPE. The smells, the silly faces…

OalrKelfCwkqTW1VRG1m7IHGjTlSkqWp_6r1UoKPVsmpkCMsKx3AYcZ6Pa3ygnM75TwKmJpxvEfOMZnNQ1mjyfvbv734CbfNBvmDgA4FB_XP1hEdPOwALcCXzzZMjLAwnz0pvC4b

Again, and I can’t stress this enough (are you reading @PirateGranny?), we are going to take it easy on this trip. Drea recently was diagnosed with arthritis and her joints are all inflamed, and Brie had surgery a few weeks ago to repair a torn tendon in her foot, so we have two more reasons to take it nice and slow. Oh, and although we’re bringing a stroller (a very simple Maclaren umbroller) it is more for carrying stuff than Clara, who will ride in it very rarely or not at all.

The next FP+ is TT @ 3:05pm. I really do enjoy the design aspects of this attraction. So do the kids. We had a blast on this in 2014, especially Clara who was finally tall enough, though still too small to see in the back seat!

9dBbb9r5v_yZ1hPpDBP0r7cZbJ3D60FPx52Qo00ZKpqJFzkeNlYhV1kYnPsc7zZspSsrPZQz8sTNjikNECUzLzdgmnE_WcdeDYaROzbSFbavdhnSDmlO861E1pnHE3kKAqvGHLna

The final FP+ of the day is Mission Space (most likely green) for everyone @ 4:05 pm. Since it closes the next day for a refurb, we thought we’d squeeze it in. The kids think it is pretty cool, and I’m alright with it as long as we don’t go orange. I’m guessing after this ride we’ll wander into the World Showcase and perhaps the kids could play a round of Agent P, which I think will be super fun for them. Then we’re off to an early dinner at Les Chef de France. Yum.

After dinner we’ll walk over to BCV and check out our digs and then swim in the best pool on WDW property: Storm-a-long Bay! I’m so glad Caz will be with us for this part of the trip as he’s never had the opportunity to enjoy this lovely resort. And thus ends day 2.

Day 3 - June 5, 2017 - Resorts: BCV - Park: DHS

So this day is sweet Ryan’s 8th birthday and I hope we’ve planned a day that he’ll enjoy. It begins with an early morning rope drop (I know, not so magical, but it has a purpose) at DHS. This is only one of two scheduled rope drops for this trip. Yes, I know, not the best touring strategy but we have to keep the natives happy and that means no rushing out the door and lots of sleep. And by natives I mean me. Anyways… The purpose of getting there early is so we can sign the kids up for Jedi training. They are all super excited. Actually, they should start practicing. I should get our lightsabers out of storage. As you recall we are a Star Wars kind of family:

eUp2l79fclDZ-YBTUKiDTQ7HmeaHaQ4oSRhb1HzPSJD-ZA2JxDMxCoAD_pSpWm09h6tmz-6NA_M44TAbvwgnlklO_3dKAIOVfljFQytFKMqmEqtNmwEOJgj7XVDiPxt8UnFZm0rH

While Buszia and the kids are signing up for training, anyone else who is with me (so for sure Caz) will go right to RnRC and then ToT. Which should take us (according to Josh at easywdw.com) about 45 minutes to accomplish. In the meantime, the kids can get signed up for the 10:40 show (fingers crossed) and then we’ll all reconvene to do… I’m not sure what. Something. Ride Star Tours? Meet BB-8?

Our first FP+ isn’t until 10:30, which is Star Tours (the kids love it, heck, who doesn’t?) which we’ll tackle after Jedi Training. Eme and Josh have yet to do the training, but Clara and Ryan destroyed the cute-o-meter taking part in this activity last October:

j_L236sxOdh6StXrmE6JA1zkfo1AgTt4CuJqH2ZZjuphTtH7EJOmgi-PVgnlGVPvBtBbkqvjaIiuKjInLEqol2RoBuMC-vnH68SkSDHMCnTfSTVS50wiQQjde_aNOGt2k0A3ZySY

After we immerse ourselves in the Star Wars Universe (come on 2019!) perhaps we’ll get a snack. Something I loved to do on our “just the four of us” Disneyland vacation last summer was to get a super special mid-morning snack. The only problem here, as you’ll see as the day progresses, is that we have plans that are laden with sweet things. So it looks like we’ll need a savory snack. Any suggestions? Turkey leg perhaps? Actually that sounds pretty good. Mmmmm. Turkey.

Our next FP+ is for the 12-o'clock showing of the Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular. We thought Ryan would like that over some of the other tier 2 options. We follow that up with a 12:30 TSM FP+ , which everyone loves, especially a silly Clara from the 2014 trip:

B2pkTM5g38eOrBTD1zDdbW1ZHmctSEUgLXT4r3kvHdTF1VR-KfP5l49UxEE9LqzHHZstuhPHqChU3idkF0Jj8CuS9BjK8hy0ew8vLSd5YgNirnsfV0RSqSfgmuGkEaJT20GLjprY

Then we truck back over to BCV, where we have more eating planned. You might recall a certain birthday boy requested the Kitchen Sink, and we are acquiescing to his demands. So at 2 pm (ish) we have two separate reservation at Beaches’n’Cream. All we hope for is to be sat near each other. This is actually our only official meal of the day and we’ll be (unwisely) using some of our manipulated deluxe dining plan credits for a late lunch. Follow by ice cream. Lots and lots of ice cream.

After our feast we’ll head back to the “room” (ha) and open presents and celebrate our 8 year old. Then swim. We figure we have from around 4 until 7 pm to do this, because around 7:45 pm we plan to be heading back to DHS to go to the:

2V0EBdgYllvAO8tnLqy1lNKdOZvozyoC-FAjn_EHj0YDFUwVky3yOInzEcm3_N_St6KXpIysnQ5rHNwzKuV0pxcO3-NfOFXjt9DqC3bJF_WfKdOIJSTB3b68kD96LIAgDQD47dlZ

Yes! After eating the Kitchen Sink we plan on bringing the kids to a Dessert Party. Genius, right? Well, let’s just hope this turns out well. It is vacation after all. I’m excited at the prospect of an open bar. My father certainly enjoyed himself when they did this event back in October. I’m sure Caz and I will do our best to get our money’s worth out of the hour or so we have to drink and eat food.

fPfPnDWKNr67GkiL_QW2VJtNd_VIxYirH3EBWKmAt8I1Tg-e0xepxpYx0a1GjgsF__FKf4EFX2JSHLWTfdAL2CZRmlbb2U3dxKker-xNTfAmiorpXU9MHulcfeYBLQ-y0-ewi0hQ

So there you have it. Day three. Next!

Day 4 - June 6, 2017 - Resorts: BCV - Park: NONE

Yes, you read that right. We have NO parks scheduled for today. Yay!!! What we do have planned is a Disney Fine Photography photo shoot. We requested the fellow who did the kids photo shoot three years ago at BCV. He was amazing. Hopefully Clara will cooperate! She can get sassy with photos…

Obp52XaJmafBeRiC8FnwCBxzDaL7ejm0gri3m5pbdkxGqWPVGIhJbs40_zPLGBMFhe_-xHFZRlcY36MmrUde4l3dft7dxV6Z7ocgYx8OOTLwzYqMIXpnfasSva6kwmIeqA_g1pvq
oFFuUAw6K3RyxWYeb85p_h3CJV4wpbUlUQ7Wa7DgTyWto5NeFfJKzlaXGY1cWiim0gZ1GhDsEpcv2bVVAK_0Q2ArUYOAL1pRNWABX-jfARuRacKXEBpiWOT5NF5tgjNLoUFK7bLi
LVdrOFTC1Ysui833a6k9yDenS3Xp522KX6qnfasGtlJ8mqL7aTjRdR0gzDcwtDcc8zrEcJgzIjy62Xtkq15FQXHVWH76REX3xi44ffe24qCOBzWZLauSwOUv1t_jebN6JxBx28Xr
cmu91GcJ18BDGwnSuWuUA3AhfECb7pAQgphpqJ3-IPlqEeFhzjXmAmtD1fTM8MZCrcYvwiZBtpduC9WQkgZgxVoSkcyf_DXv-mcd0G4zLGHTg2GFNL6v_4x_-eZ50mtSvW32yBdd
_fWHs1qCkDL3SvH2vkh7VySIfkDztOb0kK1fwScR9yIXn-njhQo0Zl1JdXrlQQjeRfC4RTcxFng87FeblvL0FM8KCfz7iGmPF6XryJ9Eq-EfMdBFWqf48QR5E-JEtwM8_BdhM0rI

The rest of the day will be comprised of lounging around. I hope the weather gods smile on us and we’re able to enjoy sun, fun and swimming. Then, as I shared in the ADR posts, we’re putting the kids in the Sandcastle Club. I can’t find a substantial, recent review since they revamped it. Also, I can’t find recent pictures. Did they remodel it? Either way, I’ll do a review after they go. When they’re at the club, we’re going to Yachtsman Steakhouse. Yum!

After dinner, assuming I won’t be having a massive food baby (like I did after this restaurant in 2014) I think we plan on going to Jelly Rolls! Yay! I’ll be honest, the last time I went it was super disappointing. They didn’t have ANY beer on tap, the place was utter chaos, the bathrooms were dirty and the performers lacked a certain je ne sais quois. I hope it was a fluke… I’m sure it will be fun, especially since Caz will be there. Stuff is always better with Caz.

4oF3o27GHRudHUDTnrfvzKPCO11c_59eo7gdBRBkmlXfYJBgU1CySuXXNH2WUj3vTEM7vJ6DEgL86_quxxarCoU5Ts1Tl06y9tMdE09MPKqRNd1PcXJBp41hs2FYfoSJsH754XFp

So there you go. The first quartile of our trip. Sounds like fun, huh? I’m hoping to get at least one more post done this week as I’m going on SPRING BREAK! We’re heading to… Wait for it… DETROIT! Yay! No really, I’m excited. We get to see my family!! Go shopping! Go to great museums (ever been to the Henry Ford?)! A Detroit Tigers baseball game! It will be awesome. For sure.

See you real soon!

Joining in! Love your all your plans so far! You ADR's are making me hungry! Can't wait to read more about your trip!

P.S your mom rocks! DH and I said once our baby is grown there will be a 10 year gap when not a single one of our DVC points will be spent on them

Joining in! Love your all your plans so far! You ADR's are making me hungry! Can't wait to read more about your trip!

P.S your mom rocks! DH and I said once our baby is grown there will be a 10 year gap when not a single one of our DVC points will be spent on them

Yay! Thanks for reading. Yes my Mom is pretty amazing! Isn't DVC the best? I'm working on a post... Slowly... 36 more days!!

Howdy friends! We’re diving right in today… Only 39 days left! Wait, 38, 37, 36… um... 21! Oh my...Best get cracking. And with that cracking, today I offer two posts! Days 5 - 12!!

Day 5 - June 7, 2017 - Resort: BCV - Park: Epcot

As I mentioned in the last update, we’re hitting Epcot pretty hard, so we’re planning on strolling over around mid-morning to do some convenient touring. Our first FP+ isn’t until 10 am, so we have time to wake up in a leisurely fashion after what could be a late night. It wasn’t until 2014 that Clara was tall enough for Soarin’. Since then she’s been able to enjoy it on her trip with Ryan, and then we all got to be the first of the family to “soar” around the world back in Disneyland last summer.

lIqnsLNGFf7aloz_tGtPMLMDFd_3eCHkOLWFsqA34uldhygEaVlm0gVYAFcQ42KBxyoLelJSVWAWKnaENjUW6JxurigaTsOIlZyMRB4F43P7rBLsh0e5kFUq0PiNNKKnF9pf_CH_

qoBh6rEr0rwSqwsk682y3iQ595qQg5I1bBvaKmYyHVeIdAr3Dz9-j5s_ee2FEPXoySYV0rXf78u4qBeClYtXiKPPQ9rdUuQkEEEVN3ln1qxhcOORzsv0Qe3x0XKJC0FyTE2iHVCR

After our tour of the world, we’ll use a FP+ on Living with the Land. Seeing as we’ll be there during peak touring time (11-12) it seemed like a good idea. Following this educational boat ride will be a tour of the Seas Pavilion, no FP+ for Nemo, but one for Crush. We figure if the line is bad we can always go in the exit door and just enjoy the marine life and air-conditioning.

uA9q7FedY2sH2z8C04nFnOQXS8rLTc80DbX1QYGZ0_Qu0YkoDtEEHLgdv-xOzGnGAexrAIGkia34T1XRrbRnJ35X4A_CynozwwOraooEsrQUrUBZirxGhNkvcbaFxhOnkVWwCELT

And that will bring us to the end of our FP+ for the day… There really is no need for additional FP+ at Epcot, I just can’t imagine getting something worth our time as a fourth. I guess time will tell. At this point we’ll head back to BCV to swim and rest after a light lunch. We have a 6:15 ADR at Via Napoli (I am looking forward to a pitcher of Sangria- I’m sure someone will help me with it) and then we plan to enjoy the World Showcase until Illuminations. Since we have another sleep in day the next day (if one so chooses), it is possible some of the grown-ups might check out a late night Pandora EMH. Could be interesting. Maybe.

DFg-ydyM31yAG8dIXDg0Oi1IWCSbKZxYp6huaFw3pkpLBQaRSpzYQvy9IX65sOdrVRwKS9KgxgHtTXWUdOThmKaB42qrW5wdUyaTm62yz1Ol4w3SVO2CWP6O8bTDp7m1OchDOq-G

Day 6 - June 8, 2017 - Resort: BCV - Park: MK

This particular morning brings a first of the trip: a morning of choice. We built a few of these into the schedule, a morning where a group, or family unit might decide to sleep in, wake up and lounge, swim, or perhaps head off to a park. Because Caz is leaving Sunday night this very well might be our only chance to wander off as a family, but it is hard to say if we’ll have the energy to do so, or if we’ll sleep. We’ll just have to wait and see!!

After lunch, no matter where everyone is, we’ll meet up at the Magic Kingdom. For this part of the trip, I was able to pick a recommended day, so hopefully we’ll enjoy lovely weather and low(er) crowds. Our first MK ride is scheduled at 1:30pm and we’ll be splitting up. Caz, Papa, Eme, Josh, Drea, and Brie will head off to Space Mountain, while Buszia, Clara, Ryan and I will go for a ride on the Tomorrowland Speedway. The kids love this:

xvxjNm6shjQ7XBjlMRSiOSW7dpksA5-_9ciGzY0uZCz6pFECTvSEuVCKnrocL-W8wmOYcLp52yA4gDQCMD8ZS8bjr9Fi8nWQxrMO8ucz5wL9DUK2N0jfYGte5oiqzZWxAPK9B8J-

PjBsasVLyrHDrToJQmfD4JqLtJFlLugHv4Kj-QGuGXUO2jd0y3b7yOH7yEjGjcVvhn-9EojSuwp77jDitldaud6M4JKP1RfD1tqfYwNg3dJXZyMYV4dAiPrh1MMHbDJwxorf1rBf

This is Caz’s one and only MK day, so we had to get the thrill rides scheduled. After our time in Tomorrowland, we’re heading over to the Frontierland area to watch the Parade. I’m hoping this area will be less crowded for us. I’m thinking we’ll have just enough time to do our initial rides and then cut across the park to get to that area for what I’m hoping will be a front row seat.

JMZ27p-23lfoC9ljQguq9g5W52B5lHvGZ8aGH-8HF5pFnCxK250gfBKVjvvuTOCBh9g1xCvE_fiPt_0MyZLyBGicRjvbvGdfbdYS90r2dH1D08pMp8r0gRymdoXT5iUCowtUhSyb

8B2iHR6qWz8Q-wxbOPtB2w2htzj46tM6TrnBxVX4Bdq-ABPBw574nZhD17aDfFykZSay6eMCeeLXrj_dB8GC2U9DnVJzpal9gxATujHs5tnrAZvoTUPa5B5gJX_rGE50zaQqFCBU

After the parade we’ll be in good position to head over the the wildest ride in the wilderness, BTMRR. Yee Haw! Super fun…

rZ31tDvJ3x2skjipk_6nqn1eD2UzTO13ufj2VfX597S_He2TnoEQa-cTE-GzQXpvaXgi73uP4bQMwwf7yovBOHAIqh1nZe2X0egR6VIuSoiUaYGoUuVj26NsupVhUlKE4_DrxNsh

Clara cracked us up this past summer with her super worried face as we waited for this ride at DLR. Of course, just like all the other times, she loved it!

8ODA4DiT_GutJVo4qtdM00-C8lsy-QzkgRSQPCRub6Ql-aJRq68ucfhOBqz0vR0p2FTk3LPf239_88Jjk0BJVYwUYmPyruxQSIdR-69SvxZPzlEDegXAawUahSJdNXolhNXy9H5x

Dinner is at the Skipper Canteen, where I have high hopes for something new and different, and I’m also hoping for some new beer offerings. What they have now is lame:

Zlu7U2LTzizR3Ux1LVRiiRNiRzePe1GZDr4QdNX2Qm9n0iebuDLG4Z06JCUP3AmQbKUkRtDeFtSs3avzJw2wDHDMSDd85S_t1ojBG7PNQ-fYOTvCDRHYK4WeTsFr5KEnoAr2OxR2

For such an exotic menu, you’d think they’d offer something more interesting… Blue Moon? Really?

After dinner, we have one more FP+ scheduled: 7DMR. I heard a rumor that the rocking capabilities have been reduced. If so, I will be very disappointed. If not, Caz and I plan to ride together and get it really rolling.

JCqUEA92W8wGUb-GAc6pxMORv88BRLeiTbt4bHieArg-Z1hfxPBkdsIIAsJgTQP8RJ5CUNkNGDhil54iR78rG6zDkwTTcwPrcB6LJsKBjjjX3WM0Dl5sKZazCYbsOSdfPR-8IjGq

Papa and Buszia will take the children home at that point, as we have something special and different planned for the next day. Caz and I, and Brie and Drea if they so choose, will take a tour of the lounges around the Seven Seas Lagoon. I considered staying and watching the new fireworks show, but I think I want to wait and see it with my kids… Especially considering how much I adored Wishes.

I love Wishes. Love it. This show more than any other attraction represents the wonder and joy of WDW. The girls and I watched the live stream of Wishes a few weeks back and were “treated” to a preview of the new show and I wasn’t impressed. I refuse to see any more previews as that one was so disappointing. I’m not into the contemporary music and I hope that the new show still has some whimsy, which Wishes has plenty of. I have so many cherished memories of Wishes…

zTo_fLtwwk8Wq6NFFLEFqueyY11P4YRGT4y_cxDrHmEBd6Nh4L7DClxfdae7oNliDVHEmT4-K2w3LKrk1HZ_gRXodSodXbzcW33blLr702IXVlQnGSCtwu_j5QGzA5Gez6_cX2Sj

So hiding out at Trader Sam’s sounds like a better idea. Or perhaps we’ll do that and then come back to the park and do some late night riding. Especially if we can get some fourth FP+. I think this depends on if they extend the hours. As of right now, MK is only open until 10 pm.

Day 7 - June 9, 2017 - Resort: BCV and OKW - Park: Shhhh…. The Wizarding World of Harry Potter!

As I mentioned earlier, we have something special planned this day. For the past year, the niece and nephew Christmas and birthday gifts have been funds to go towards tickets for the WWoHP. Caz and I have taken one for the team (not really, we’re super excited) and the two of us will be escorting all four children on this adventure. We even have special t-shirts. The kids each have a Hogwarts house shirts (Clara=Ravenclaw, Eme=Hufflepuff, Josh=Slytherin and Ryan=Gryffindor). Even Caz and I got into the fun, and I got Caz a Durmstrang t-shirt and I have an Ilvermorny shirt. We have a code name, merging the three last names (Adskioff) and we’re all going to pick special wizarding names. So we’re totally geeking out. Both the girls and the boys have interactive wands, and despite the challenges we’ll be bringing a small backpack.

While the kids, Caz and I are enjoying the WWoHP, the rest of the adults will be moving us over to our Hospitality House area (building 25) grand villa. Hopefully it isn’t too much work, and they don’t sweat too much… I think with the help of Bell Services it should go just fine. In addition to moving, they’ll be enjoying a final full day at the glorious Storm-a-long Bay, without ANY children. Truly a vacation day. The ladies will also be taking in a breakfast at the Captain’s Grille, thus using up the final Deluxe Dining Plan credits. Good times.

VmLIVCVo6TpXrfwzL9QlouxbAb_tTDHcAc6b6ZCKJetHLsCs_0OkYRigLNAR7qnSb7UtDMkWIjaOiE7PdfXt2TzCWk7j5zCINCkzvI8um5-nz7P67ManNaR6JIF8mPZe3wAVDstT

Back to the touring details… For the littles and Caz, this will be their first trip to WWoHP, but myself, Josh and Eme have been before. We plan on taking a Mears shuttle there, arriving about 45 minutes before we can get in which is 9 am. Currently there are not early hours for resort guests on this date… I wonder if and when that will change. I’m thinking we’ll head to Diagon Alley first as Clara can’t ride the FJ since she’s too short. Hopefully the kids will enjoy Gringotts. I’m not sure how long we’ll linger in this area, I need to do more research.

zXriKcQvjegLLMZghFHCia0UJErTsKZ_whWemrE8dnhpD1RSKGYVh9Ux4IqmhJ3Nr8MYyKvFFOQ0d64JpdNwXdD1sRGMI8A8Uz88i1sHvjsRo0zAZ9vVw1SIZghBlFhN49_6gOZR

Our plan is really to stick to only Harry parts (wait that sounds weird) of the parks, so eventually we’ll take the Hogwarts express over to the other park and check that area out. We plan on using the child swap here, and potentially go through the queue of all the rides multiple times. We’re going to eat at both restaurants, and immerse ourselves in everything Harry Potter. And really just pretend that we are all wizards. Seriously. We cannot wait! We *might* check out the Jurassic Park area of the park, but that is a big might. Overall we’re going to just have a blast in J.K. Rowling’s universe!

a3w7gCRrmYdfcNnYYy0-7n1T6soRswLu8r-4-qFSx6t1JFKuQtFmQYW_BvYwX_TmDtnlD0clpbIdr_wkMQ4igZlGgILYEc52N4iYZoUUBV1O612I7fvuMPza440bZbw167Az8yqr

I’m guessing we won’t stay super late as we plan on being there early, so leaving after dinner is a pretty good bet. We’re planning on taking an Uber XL on our way home, giving us more flexibility compared to a scheduled Mears pick-up. Where we go after depends on the kids. It will be our last chance to swim at SAB, but if they’re tired, I don’t want to push it. We have a morning of choice planned for the next day, so there is a possibility of sleeping in so…

Day 8 - June 10, 2017 - Resort: OKW - Park: DAK

As I mentioned earlier, this is another day where the morning is what you will make of it. We have built quite a few of these into our schedules in the hopes to allow some (ironically) unscheduled opportunities. I love it. Scheduling for time to not be scheduled. Totally genius! It's hard to say what what we’ll be doing and with the limited time we have left until we actually go on this trip, I’m not going to spend too much time speculating.

As for the afternoon, we’re heading over to Animal Kingdom with a Safari scheduled at 12:50pm, followed with Expedition Everest at 1:55 for some, while Buszia, Ryan and Clara will take in a Nemo show. Honestly, I must see Nemo too, so as soon as we ride Everest I’m heading over to sit in the standby area. Our final FP+ of the day is for the Banshee ride (or whatever it is called). I’m excited for this ride in a “yay, new ride” kind of way, but I honestly don’t really care about Pandora. Plus, I read the beer in that area is not so good. And green. Why green? As I don’t want to create a spoiler and ruin Pandora for anyone, here is a picture of green foamy beer:

osrovJutrgoHsOkvcvHsYAt9M9OEXWSwv89gq4NMarX1YopSHneI64e12hIj2SxH1Ef_Jow1zWtJck27NjGk8M_jpbxsU3onC0iUTgPm93aV3T9_gwGdM8YlK2auGzO0BkLdG_BS

Up next is our dinner at Tiffins which is a ROL package. I’m pretty excited for this meal… Should be delicious! As for ROL, who knows. New show, could be good - should be good. Looks good!

JUdP2ni3XPJ0cjpfspXXg3kkOoAU2m7ZHs3FN8C4QsGHASVvDZFvX_5dPn43ZnwFdmxbXZ6aSnD1dibT1phtlAvw6wzU4sz2P3c7lh8L6J3Dqc3IoD7Hpy0zX0Xqxsntt6nEv5f_

And there you have it… At this point we’re HALF-WAY through the trip! Yay!

See you real soon! Really. I’m following this post with another.

Howdy friends! As promised, I proudly present days 9 - 12. I am so, so excited. In fact it is hard to concentrate on anything but this trip. It follows me wherever I go, which is not a problem. Or is it?

Day 9 - June 11, 2017 - Resort: OKW - Park: Typhoon Lagoon

As I look fondly back at our amazing 2014 trip, one day that stood out as especially magical was our day at TL. With those memories in mind, I can’t wait for our day at TL... Once again we have reserved a “Beachcomber Shack” but this time instead of paying extra to have 4 people over the stated capacity, we’ve also reserved an umbrella. We’re hoping to get a similar location (actually the same location) as we did last time. We had the best spot:

ynKAmrOt6aaCvZwX6ohCAqLAF3xj-nqtJjBCwF0jpf2DGCmZmZD1nHQ-C5wZk8yMI-9gMA4xcmTtWeb9QuqrGYNxgFqRbEPVUQnSXgUqQp-E5edQJalMJNzwZyS6oB_YQVX-19kW

There is an umbrella right next to that location, it is off the beaten path and it has amazing views. Love it:

KSdDfvSi-lxIuZIj6dJbtUL7ZmQ2oVrjDxaNiLtWMlosAIRwfQKb0r6wT7l2mUtE38fb1lrW-zxLsUXyO_V8Ot9ZMeqRmqZIye8c7R6HGGxY5-71DKPuEYdX3Y7Lp7oMYiwynJ_x

3KUHEigMCDkoqQ-s_2PRR9knQU9AElQkj64bpSi_TK9oqZ5BdnaL3OtkR6IAB29WM3c5Xyh3uPGCXUMd6jheQMskTJb5uArQBakcmcHwtJ3OKPShhyXsYCqMiHe28F4826eCSL-a

We shouldn’t be up late the night before, and we have some sleep in time as the park doesn’t open until 10 am, so we should all be in a good frame of mind. I think first we’ll head over to do the new ride, Miss Adventure Falls and the water roller coasters first. I just measured Clara with her water shoes on and she is 48 ⅛”. Wow. That kid grew like an inch in the last month. So I’m hoping she’ll be able to ride the water coasters. Last time we went Eme was close and they made her take her water shoes off, so…

Overall, we’re going to really just enjoy the wave pool, the lazy river and other rides that have no waits (the slides at TL seemed kind of lame, so we’ll only ride with minimal waits). We’re also going to bring our own lunches as the last time we had our “attendant” bring lunch it took forever, she forgot Papa, and it was way overpriced when you added in the tip we gave our attendant. It should be an amazing day. I can’t wait to hear the music…

The only downside to day 9 is Caz is going home. No matter how hard I cajoled, arm twisted and begged, he will not stay for the whole trip. I won’t get into details, but it sucks. Especially since he has the vacation days. Sigh. So Papa will be taking our gear and driving Caz to the airport so that he can make his 7:30 pm flight home.

In the meantime, we’ll head over to Disney Springs where Buszia plans on taking the kids “home” via the boat, and we three sisters will grab dinner at one of the quick service places. Or perhaps have a sampling of appetizers at one of the lounges. I’m actually really excited to get to Disney Springs. It looks so lovely in the photos! I only wish the Edison was open. Oh well - I’ll be back in December… It better be open then! Goodness knows how long we’ll hang out there. I guess it depends on how tired (or not tired we are).

Day 10 - June 12, 2017 - Resort: OKW - Park: DHS

The plan is to sleep in on this morning. I am so good with this plan. Brie will officially be sleeping in our room at this point since Caz is gone. Sigh. Both my girls are not easy to sleep with. Very rolly. Does anyone have any suggestions for how to give the kids their own space while sleeping together? Pool noodle? Towels? Regardless, it will be nice to sleep in. Very nice. And then we’ll head off to swim at the Sand Castle pool.

12VPaHbWP26i1wuV8DrrWTQZaUX6TgNzeFoz6ver9McYvbmy_s-gdVo5LHLW09gwI4jy5sYdY3Ba3PVQLzYkJ4jVNzR4JguirjAXOYeFPIEaHmoTOYluoNNHgLpM_01a-8WnTyCF

hDVyT-ZCRr6X35tK93pIFOAD_Cp0jt2cYwGSJkBj0eEVTorg2o0LRCWcw79OcO85GBXbO0IPhad6wpV7m3xRc5eSa1n1VlYbpKWG0FzKle5rHckMJ398XEBi9lQZURzy72U7Q7O-

It is a bit of a downgrade from the SAB, especially when you consider that it isn’t even zero entry. I love zero entry, not for the kids, but for lounging in the sun. There is nothing better than sitting in 6 inches of water in the Florida sun. And the kiddie pool is just sad. Granted our kids are older now, but I’m guessing Clara and Ryan will enjoy playing in the sandy area near there and may want to splash around in that hole in the ground. Super sad. But I guess the kids didn’t care last time, why would they care this time?

nXIIOYdisf0VA1pTZUkp-KpHAyn06Af04EImShiVTFzzUVq2inFherZFj_uZVxO6YfHc-2vcA236BYYgQ1kzQavg4TCmzkaWT0pStr3EYBja75qVndB12HfvWdR61QKerZTMVxGb

After lunch we’ll head over to DHS for the second and final time of the trip. Going twice in a trip to a park that really isn’t a park is questionable, but it does let us do some great things in an easy fashion. Our first stop is to see the BatB stage show. I dropped the ball during the 2014 trip and we didn’t get to see it (note: hours for shows are different on weekdays compared to weekends). So we’re hoping to find standby seats in the 2 pm show. According to my notes, this show will take about 30 minutes. After that we split up. Mom, the littles and I will head to TSM, and the rest of the crew will head to RnRC. I may switch, though… We have to make it to our destinations by 2:55/3 pm or so, but that shouldn’t be a problem.

After that split up, we reconfigure again but not as a whole group. Drea will bring Eme and Josh and hook up with Buszia, Ryan and Clara. They’ll take in the 3:30 showing of the Frozen show. I think this timing more than the TSM/RnRC will be challenging. Hopefully we can get those rides in closer to 2:45 rather than 3, so that everyone doesn’t have to rush. Granted they’ll have FP+ for the show, but I’m not sure what the protocol is for holding seats or even entry for FP+ holders.

In the meantime, Papa, Brie and I will ride our favorite: Tot!

6JfUc338qtGYZTLU1jVq-d4wDavCfZQg8EJAAzmbC67STncFHSXfAODVIru_oKFGXRdd9Dr4-bPIGkTYRv6H4WAI6Nk0O5a0yKxSnYvoCbyx9KDG58VXUT_V0_GCff_xzR7MkBhc

We actually pushed up these FP+ times in the effort to get to see the new Pixar show. We’re hoping that we’ll have time to get in line and see the new Pixar show. I think we’ll be cutting it close in terms of getting in to see as part of the stand-by line. Time will tell. I know there is a dinner package for this show, but will there be FP+ offered as well? Hmmm…

After the show we’ll head over to dinner at the Sci-Fi. Should be fun, though as I mentioned in the dining report, I wish they were to be playing Star Wars clips. Can’t win them all, though. After dinner, we’ll get our food sloshed around by riding Star Tours, with a FP+ scheduled at 7:30. We’ll again be pushing the end of the window, but I’m not worried we’ll miss it, especially with the grace period. The downside to being at the later end of the spectrum is once again being tardy for our next scheduled event: Fantasmic.

I’m not the biggest fan of Fantasmic, but it has been a while since we’ve seen it. I think. Wait, we might have seen it in 2014. Hmmm… Well that goes to show you how much I care for the show. I’m not sure what the current wait time status has been for this show. Will we need to be in line early? If so, I’m guessing we’ll have to wait for the second showing. Speaking of which, is there a second showing? I suppose I should look that up.

Moving on….

Day 11 - June 13, 2017 - Resort: OKW - Park: DAK

Another repeat day at Animal Kingdom. Sigh. It’s not that I don’t like Animal Kingdom, in fact many of my favorites are there (Nemo, FotLK), it’s just that it will be so much more crowded there due to Pandora. As I’ve stated before, I just don’t care about Avatar. At. All. I’m not even excited to write this part. So, without delay here is day 11…

Morning of choice, DAK, back to the “room” for another spaghetti dinner. I will take the kids on Kali, the rest will ride EE, FotLK, and then a final FP+ for the Pandora River ride (which looks lame) at 5 pm. The girls and I might head over to Disney Springs again after dinner and enjoy some adult time. We’ll see how it plays out. There. Done.

Day 12 - June 14, 2017 - Resort: OKW - Park: MK

Now this day, this day, I am excited for. The boys are all golfing in the am, and the girls will sleep in and then head over to Disney Springs. Except Buszia. While us girls are at the Springs, Buszia will be getting a hot stone massage at the GF Senses Spa (Now that the cat is out of the bag on that gift, I can add it here… Happy Mother’s Day and Happy Birthday Mom!!).

We’re planning on an early light lunch (poutine, anyone?) and for some shopping. Yes. This day also happens to be a special promotional DVC Wednesday that really suited us. If you’re familiar with Sephora, you know that if you spend $50 you can get a free, 45-minute makeover. You need to schedule it, but this seems like a no brainer (it is not hard to spend $50 at Sephora). On this particular day, with that purchase you also get a free gift as a DVC member! So double bonus! I called Sephora directly to make us appointments and the employees at the store were total jerks and knew nothing of the promotion. Whatever. I don’t stand for rudeness, so I ended the call and immediately dialed up DVC member services to let them know that they need to keep their promotional partners up to date with this sort of info. Then I made our appointments online.

-M53ext83pK6tl6VTtWxM3DTxU9pkU-qA3VKKPwQQou1EdFe9SKvHWmx2EO52qrBLIPRvnYGDxaS8lwUgT6_FX6-xyW-g7mVfCovqM0OVQyKBKa74f2n04BbT2Ihf1d3fomAoAVa

These makeovers will be very timely as that evening we’re heading over to a family favorite: Narcoossee's. We’re even bringing the kids this time. We’ve yet to have a so-so meal at this establishment, so high hopes are had by all!

X2GtxU6qQeqzUCzQ0dG0pZiWHmx66FHGBBb2mN-3MrCxvaC-BP-t47vgeE07iUgaXFXHtnnDvzdHNbOsjvwe2i9cg6vymYzyBeKsBisGSGnebv4F1FYCPwHh2UHbnVon5W-J-8Oj

wfSFmooas9dzGtDgAp0vznh1R2InS30Z2W3s7tMf5HmkETqC3WEYMqamcQK64ic4OuqSo94hqsbvIuTVPI0TSrMuevws6q0kz3YYZuffd_iPk9IB8PLTBbp3CMZ18CW-aaPgTUsf

The kids love fancy restaurants (especially Ryan) and when you consider the cost of a child-care center, it might be cheaper to bring them along, so along they will come! After dinner we’re heading to MK for (gasp) EMH. The plan is to pretty much wing it in terms with how long the kids can make it. I’m guessing the girls will be less tired than the boys, as they will have to be up early that morning to golf. So we’re not sure how long we’ll be there…

vSrsBfnIj1MtuSDvke8PsLXw1zNMO8qPFNIwxAhOiBMX7C5LHnFlhMMn6zSpKYeTZL7_N7wE6ZiUVQGZobYjYObs-qtex5j5U1mjC5UNpMwiCyi_E6FIoEKBjBxi_OfuK2lhRQjG

While we are there we have a variety of rides scheduled: Splash (for all but Buszia, Ryan and Clara), BTMRR for the ones not on Splash, Haunted Mansion, Peter Pan… We are also planning on watching that Wishes usurper show, whatever it’s called. It dropped for the first time last night, and I hear it was pretty good. How good remains to be seen.

KIRZyA_9scRMN1RomZC3ddegbFNnMW8LC5YHH1PbQAGq2xM-cb6SBIHvQaWlvXMfUrIrKeaofo8y8O0JRwNuVIGL9mTfG4nF4z7pZQu-hNBMvvMMa9oJqYlUYCHR2x1PqgFaxBGM

One more daily plans post left and three weeks from Disney Day!! I can’t believe it!!

1Epm66IHR-cdLQwhOAW97SlcsShul2fd7LRTByRRhinVvTd8Q94FRFcgFMDmjWLf4WB6KKztVQpx80XCWY920mqVQxYG1BLuDrVWIWdo8XdUqNMOLybc_OXJJhM0E-m6Dng2VlrV

See you real soon!

Great job Maggie, we have already started the grocery packing. Papa got the new golf clubs for Ryan and Josh. And we will be in Steamboat next week for Eme's confirmation. Xoxoxox

Well we are on the eve of single digits and so much has happened recently… Papa and Buszia (along with the in-laws) were in town last weekend for Eme’s Confirmation and while they were here poor Brie had emergency appendectomy! Luckily Drea and Brie’s friends, the Lindsay’s, were on hand to support her. So she is once again on the mend (remember she had surgery in late March for a damaged tendon in her foot). Another reason to take it slow. Speaking of slow, let’s get to the report, yes? Without further ado, I present the final four days...

Day 13 - June 15, 2017 - Resort: OKW - Park: BB

The final quartile of our trip begins with a chill day at Blizzard Beach. Haha, get it? Chill? I’m awesome. Anyways, we’re hoping to sleep in once again, and since we’ve got something special up our sleeves in terms of real-estate at Blizzard Beach, we’ve got no rush to get there. We’re not renting a “Polar Patio.” No, we’ve got something even better planned. If you’re familiar with umbrella rentals at Blizzard Beach, you may have known that there is an “island of umbrellas” that juts out into the main pool. See the circled area below for reference...

h8CL21yk-CwusoA73-qggt-TGyQEovHNmcACvYQfK0-mV-OIgWR-dYBNJDX7XDfhkjUD3kgc58Q-nSiZrd3UHOZvYAbdWvW-EuQKeENn0tniiOT30uqcNXucYexV9aQSSJgfFp0Z

Back in October my family rented some umbrellas and ended up on this island. As it turns out there are five umbrellas, so for this day my mom went ahead and reserved all five. So we’ll be chilling on this amazing island (peninsula, actually) right in the middle of it all. Yay!

DRdfUNpvqXu4DQYg-LFkC0VnYVD_elDEWCguX-8MAWiC41FwdVnjyCe9ar9jYX2DcZcmUqhK07-KKQnkr4Jf8ZM1T_my0R7muldkuBKHmg9QYdcozjzQf6bUHkj5_8rpVXoj2UeB

G8WdHblKVXz1idf_niYdve00HK8xo_ARPymzBdg5DiUX1LuVjNAD6R1DZL4Rtjo59lXjM0nd13VWWrHrvCEja0fl3phcwKxNNixazDHz_0MEuTzFQVncq2hpkLm5U86u-HJQxI-v

We should have a lovely day. Once again we’ll be bringing lunch in a cooler and will stay until right before dinner time. I believe Papa’s cousin and her husband will be joining us, which will be lovely. We have a 5 pm dinner reservation at Trattoria al Forno, and that’s all. Sounds like the makings of a true vacation day…

Day 14 - June 16, 2017 - Resort: OKW - Park: MK and Epcot

So this is our first park hopping day. Yes, 14 days in and some of us might not have even gone from one park to another. Go figure. This is where once again my planning was not as stellar as it could’ve been. We are planning on hitting up rope drop at MK. Sounds alright… BUT it is another EMH. D’OH! Oh well, we’ll try to get there as close to 8 as possible. Given that the kids can have an early night beforehand, I’m not too worried. As of right now, we’re not asking that Drea, Brie or Papa escort us to MK, so those folks can have a nice lie in if desired while we enjoy rope drop.

UpPmo6D9NMmhc2H-1_Xxz5E_Mnun_14aHePeGduUo3Iw0Cafzjty0_q8MW1clC-Rl6-6onx-VdbuNi8Sfz7RaYDHjL6oP5dx-V0By3RmPnkroolGQhTX5a5Qj0ImbR0z8VfD83QC

We’re planning on hitting up the Adventureland side of the park this morning. Jungle Cruise and Pirates are our first priority, and then from there we’re pretty flexible. I’d like to hit up IaSW, Tiki Birds, Dole Whip, and perhaps HM again.

CX_orFHm69SgFt-5pXmcMT7oZRlXVG4HCc81Spn0pjwrixNMjNaFFb6h2smVWgeCVtOETJ4OZISkIS0MPYQaspgIn4eb6EqPEBIRur79lXP0GDvB9d4xfkwDka_eU3NfDkyubDBI

Then I’m thinking we can head over to Tom Sawyer’s Island if we have time before lunch. And what a lunch it should be: Cinderella’s Royal Table. This is always a good experience, albeit an overpriced one. I’m a little baffled at the selection of food too. Anyways lunch in the castle we will have.

666pPLnCBokLVgqGmVf3HbtSAKSAIgOuJyuIBunph5o3HhXbEz5F7mjtW_eKANuH4peGCKaluIKZIMXnJ5UyYsmGv-7wHhuE0rJZlWIQZJpDmtHxsZ4RNGJUMy5kdVhRPsTkinYW

After lunch we’ll take the boat over to the Grand and enjoy some pool time. Legally… Remember as DVC members we are welcome to swim at certain pools, aside from capacity issues. We’ll hang for an hour or two and then be prepared to head over to Epcot for a 4 pm FP+ at the Nemo ride. Honestly I’ll be happy to get there closer to 5 pm, especially if the weather is fine. No rush. The question really is how shall we get there? Boat to the Poly then Monorail? Or Monorail to Monorail? Hmmm… Decisions, decisions…

iiCXh0QdscGxtLLc11Lys0pV-gbn8fPbzbqLoFDJhztJIaLpq5AQt1d-glOQTBlz9FL_QJ6lEPvexr4VLoCKqFwsIc6HnYd0fbnNAMlIXhiiwvZQhBz-QetST1tahJ4PfxEEhW5Z

After Nemo we have a Figgy FP+, followed by the new Frozen ride at 6 pm. After that I’m thinking the kids might want to split. Perhaps the sisters will stay and enjoy Epcot sans enfants. Time will tell…

RTR8kz_Gf5SVveRaUhSCXO3-pudnVQXMZOL9lw8F79Qx5eF-l5xzmCiWC9U5qF965gBDF0V9T0vMgLVGpPVoxPmCTCXs0gGL0aHCFu9GI1Id37gDHCBfrz-yIdpB1NdYLBX8aP_F

Day 15 - June 17, 2017 - Resort: OKW - Park: MK

Wow, look at that… Day 15. Whew. For most this will be the last park day. And it will be spent at the MK. Sigh. There is one last morning of choice offered here, and goodness knows who will be doing what. We aren’t scheduled to be at the park until 2 pm, when we’re hitting up the Tomorrowland attractions again. We’ll do Buzz, the kids will do the Speedway, other adults will take on Space Mountain and then we’ll head over to the Seven Dwarves Mine ride. This final pre-scheduled FP+ is at 4:05 pm, and we’re hoping to get a 4th FP+ at the Pirates. Actually this is a must! If the others don’t come for rope drop on day 14, this will be their only chance to ride.

Somewhere in there we have dinner at BoG planned. Then the fireworks. Which better be good. Yay for lasers!

UYbRX7fpv0GCwKbJoft9mG1lRXmPlSjos5cVRlIUnEsndGzpcy0ZJmP6CThgrIzmVsbtuEm2CTr06Ck8hRCNg5BCfhQC2FikqExGcteWx3sdv2qAy_7hVsd2SZRckOzZhhbIXxw6

And then “home” to pack. Yuck. Packing stinks. The end of vacation stinks. Oh well… Time can’t stand still even for Disney vacations.

Day 16 - June 18, 2017 - Resort: OKW - Park: Epcot??

So our amazing trip comes to an end on what I hope is a Sunday with fine weather. We’ve taken a bit of a detour from our typical trip ending breakfast and instead of heading to 1900’s Park Fare, we’re checking out the “Bon Voyage” Adventure Breakfast. So apt, as we are in fact leaving. So good trip to us. This meal is at 10:25am, so we’ll need to be ready to go out the door pretty early. I’m guessing we’ll take a bus to DHS and walk over. Sounds like a good plan to me.

After breakfast we might split up. The MI crew had earlier flights and are scheduled to depart from MCO at 3:25 pm. So really we only have 2 hours for brunch and then a return trip to OKW. Or, they might just grab a cab from the Boardwalk. Either way it is time for the saddest monorail ride in the state of Florida. It’s so sad, the monorail itself is crying.

VLkhj_ZcACpOo8GvBTZkkQVjs4gnnyoYMm7-ypZQpalB18pn1Amtjue7gJQvJapNXr3lSFK3ShF4kfMvhyjOJmL6WV4e2wl40LKucZoikdiqpZV_m-yEvYGZ4Qi8fhX7zyH-RiaC

We Colorado girls will not depart for the mountains until 7:30pm that evening, which is only possible because my lovely hubby will be there to pick us up. Afterall, once we get in we have a 3 hour drive. Yikes. Anyways, while the others are off early, the girls and I will most likely walk over to Epcot. I reserved us a FP+ for Soarin’ at 1pm. We’ll see if we actually head over there, or decide to go somewhere else. Where? Who knows… The pool?

All I know is we will not be spending it just sitting around. Like we did in 2014. Bad planning on our part… Granted there are worse places to be than the lobby of the Grand Floridian…

7tbl5m3giDvXYmDrTkaeApfOgDm20yh3s3wRwiGDnMDYGS8ZAsnH44FaxwUOcASyHGdYK_XKN_6574o9xei1JWuYou99KksyVGBleKsHhek7P6ZDKgqLh_oIYgTOpnq1Z9XrL-WP

QhOe55W-hWSKtd1ljgSEVJIJOkQRdiL-I4LBIHPbq6e298Yv_ueMfbL0IqjTawPOdACCsfWfhFa-MB15XFE4rcXerty4FuYUTNsCuORRcuiRYPMAyt5jq-10PNWCOiOpPdqUkrdu

Wow! Done! I can’t believe it… I’ll follow up soon with a parting thoughts post… See you real soon!

Last edited:
Single digits sleeps...can't wait. It's rainy and dreary here's this morning. Dreaming of Florida sun and heat. See ya real soon!

As this chapter closes, another opens. It's time for the actual trip report - no more planning, it's time for action!!! I didn’t quite get to the level of detail in this pre-trip report as I did in my 2014 effort, but in the end, it’s all there. The hotels, the food, the itinerary, the people… Today is Disney-Day and we’ll be on the road to the airport later this evening:

P1QS1NBPyD5eFK2oxI4JFSVXgN2aARhyhU6NJqulcqQgfcD5x38dBTf2qyRrM7znMWIEUxke-oaehjSm267iCa_L45NHmatSsrfSHEb5G3LkzkMHR-ZfrwTWa38BeIsDRBn7JBw1

Thank you all so much for following along. If you’d like, hop on over to the trip report:

From Steamboat Springs to Teamboat Springs: 16 Days at Disney!

It’s not the catchiest title, but what can you do? I’m only so clever. Again - thanks so much for reading, and hopefully we’ll…

VbEfnAjsPS978tV2sK0PxqbmBm2sCOIF30F5HqmbCvkfOECEd6MNy8v0iYZHmTBekMuRdS0YWtvjxCbeQpahdxSyCh_tLvhzoxSCef-qXFHkOgnz1sobnCTdST90hRBGBi6CSXc3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter