"Exchanging" Disney Reward Dollars

You can use them for flights... You purchase the flight and Once it posts you go to the reward section and it is pretty self explanatory.

Yep, it's transferred to a Rewards Redemption Card, which does have an expiration date. However, you may use that to purchase Disney Gift Cards, which do not expire.

Enjoy your vacation!
Can I use the Disney Rewards redemption card to buy Disney gift cards at a Disney Store? Do you have to buy gift cards in certain sizes (e.g. $10 or $25 or $50) or can you get any value (e.g. a $60 gift card)? I would like to redeem all of my reward dollars to buy gift card(s) for my sister to use at WDW.

I am hesitant to give the rewards card, because it is still attached to my account, and I'll want it back so I don't have to order a new one in the mail. I'd rather use it to buy a gift card. Just recently used it to buy an egiftcard online & sent that electronically.

I bought a gift card with my rewads card (to add to my DVA) sometime in June/July. I bought a GC at a Disney Store and had no issues, so that is a good route

First, you must have the Premier card to be eligible to use the rewards for airline travel. This is from the Disney Visa website:

• If I am a Disney Premier Visa Cardmember, how do I redeem my Disney Dream Reward Dollars® toward airline travel?
    Just purchase airline tickets on any airline to any destination using your Disney Premier Visa Card and then pay yourself back by converting your Disney Dream Reward Dollars into a credit on your monthly statement. Each Disney Dream Reward Dollarcan be redeemed for a $1 credit on your statement.

Within 60 days of your airline ticket purchase, you can redeem your Disney Dream Reward Dollars for a credit on your statement by going to the Manage My Account section and selecting the "Redeem toward airline travel" option on that page, or by calling 1-800-300-8575. The credit will appear on your statement between 1 and 2 billing cycles from the time you redeem. Please note that there are no returns on Disney Dream Reward Dollars redeemed for statement credits.
I also have the Disney Visa Card, but I did not upgrade to the Premier because there was an annual charge. Is that still the case ?

I also have the Disney Visa Card, but I did not upgrade to the Premier because there was an annual charge. Is that still the case ?
Yes, it is $49/year. Not worth it IMO as you can get other cards that give 2% in all categories and is $0 annual fee.

I buy gift cards with my Rewards Redemption Card as often as I have a decent amount of $$ to put on the gift card. I started this practice when the points expired eventually and the redemption card had an expiration date. While I realize I no longer have to do it this way because the redemption card no longer expires but there is something kind of fun about getting a gift card every now and then and also sitting down to add up all the gift cards. It also comes in handy sometimes when I need a quick gift and I can run to the gift card stash. I order them online in various denominations. There is no charge for shipping and it appears in my mailbox in about a week. I love choosing fun gift card images and also love receiving them. I know it is all mental games but just something that makes me smile.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter