Everything you need to know about MagicBands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going over the official disney websites and faq and everything I ran into some medical related things and have added this:

Q: I have an Implanted Pacemakers or Cardioverter-Defibrillators.

A: Read the Disney FAQ about their RF technology before deciding to use/get a MagicBand. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/my-disney-experience/frequency-technology/

I originally was going to stop saying what I added but this seems important to know.

Last edited:
yes, I believe child bands are limited to door and meal plan purchases unless you have the resort activate them for room charges.
you can choose to have any bands not authorized for charging.

I think I got everything you need to know all in here now.. If anyone sees anything wrong or missing, please let me know.

Last edited:

Some things have been adjusted around pin codes and resort features to be more accurate and indicate some possible unconfirmed changes.

Last edited:

Ill get the q&a updated soon but im at property now and noticed some new things.
  1. Some character bands disappeared but available in the make your own band places.
  2. Coop in disney springs now does the make your own bands, in addition to the one at space mountain.
  3. A new band purchased as link it later works for resort features as soon as you add it to your account.
  4. Someone staying in your room with their mde account has charge to room with their pin. It will be the mde account card if they dont have one on their account. See resort to adjust if not desired.

Q: I have all different types of park tickets for 1 trip, which will get used?

A: Disney ranks the tickets in a way they never mentioned to everyone, stop at guest relations just outside the park entrance before you use the tickets the first time and ask them to prioritize the tickets you want to use for that trip. Anytime you want to use a different ticket for a specific day and have multiple valid, you should stop by first.

Side tip: while asking priority, ask what it would cost to upgrade all the tickets you have to an annual pass. Not only might you get money back but there is 10% merchandise and dining discounts that may save you even more money even if it costs more to upgrade the tickets.

I think the wording of this side tip may be confusing and misleading.

A guest can only upgrade ONE ticket to AP.
Multiple individual tickets cannot be combined to create a "larger" multi-day ticket or an AP.

First of all, great information! Thank you!

Can I link a Disney gift card to a magic band? For example, can I buy GCs for my kids and link them to their magic band for charging privileges?

Can I link a Disney gift card to a magic band? For example, can I buy GCs for my kids and link them to their magic band for charging privileges?
Charging privileges are linked to your room account and the credit card that is on file. There's no way to link a gift card although you can go to the front desk and apply your gift cards against the room account balance.

This is probably in here somewhere, since it all seems very complete, but I couldn't find the answer to it. For our upcoming trip ,we will have two new magic bands that come with our resort stay, plus two Haunted Mansion ones that we bought. All four are linked to my MDE account. So, is it possible to use more than one of them at a time? What I mean is this....say my son and I are at a park together and I want to go back to the resort to take a nap, but he plans to stay in the park with someone else. Would it be possible to leave him one of my two magic bands (so he can access and use my FP+ reservation times) while I use my other magic band to get into the resort room, pool, etc? Or, since I will have one in action at the park at the time, will the other one not work at the resort? Does that question even make any sense? A lot of times I let him use all the FP+ for both of us, and I just give him my band to wear when he's doing that. So, I'm wondering, with me having two active bands, could he stay in the park and do that while I head back to the resort? Or will I end up locked out of my room and the pool because he is currently using my other band in a park?

Would it be possible to leave him one of my two magic bands (so he can access and use my FP+ reservation times) while I use my other magic band to get into the resort room, pool, etc?
Yes. As long as both MBs are active in your MDE, both can be in use.

I found a cool Tigger magicband in the Disney store but it's out of stock. Should I keep checking to see if it returns or is it a gone forever kind of thing?

Charging privileges are linked to your room account and the credit card that is on file. There's no way to link a gift card although you can go to the front desk and apply your gift cards against the room account balance.

I've heard that you can. What I understand is the resort can open a cash fund account to "charge" to the room that you prepay and they can pre-charge the gift card to fund it... This is one of those go to the front desk and let them set up all the charging how you need it situations to make sure it gets done right.

I found a cool Tigger magicband in the Disney store but it's out of stock. Should I keep checking to see if it returns or is it a gone forever kind of thing?

Like the trading pins, some do go away. i've seen some characters show up for the design your own magic band option that is at space mountain or d-tech in disney springs. If you don't find it, see if you can make it there. It costs about $5 more. Do it before you ride space mountain because there is a 20-30 minute wait to pick up the band.

I've heard that you can. What I understand is the resort can open a cash fund account to "charge" to the room that you prepay and they can pre-charge the gift card to fund it... This is one of those go to the front desk and let them set up all the charging how you need it situations to make sure it gets done right.
That will be good for guests.

Can the pre-pay be aligned with specific MagicBands and separate pins?

I was at CSR last weekend and paid for the balance of my room-only at check-in using a giftcard. The CM didn't offer to open a cash fund so I didn't know that was even an option.

That will be good for guests.

Can the pre-pay be aligned with specific MagicBands and separate pins?

I was at CSR last weekend and paid for the balance of my room-only at check-in using a giftcard. The CM didn't offer to open a cash fund so I didn't know that was even an option.

Im still here so ill pass through the front desk and ask later.

I've read through this whole thread and haven't seen this question...(it seems like such an obvious question, that I probably missed it somehow-sorry if I did)...Is the Magic Band waterproof?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter