Everything You Need To Know About Discount Codes

Oh no! I just deleted an email from Disney Destinations and then emptied my deleted folder. Is there any way to still find a pin? I had never heard about pins / codes, etc... this is all new to me.

Thanks

If you call Disney, it should be attached to your name and address. :thumbsup2

I received a pin and didn't even know it. Am not an expert by any means and just planned a trip for DD who is there right now. After reading this thread on pins, I realized a few weeks back I received an email from Disney Destinations but didn't really pay attention to it. Went back to it today and sure enough, there it was. Unfortunately WDW is not in the plans for this year (going to Italy this summer, it will be our 25th wedding anniversary and taking both our children too) Wish it didn't have to go to waste as I'm dying to get back to WDW.

I have a question though, and forgive me if I've missed this somewhere. Can you give the Pin number to a travel agent, or do you have to book it yourself?

Lurker but first time poster here!!

We've booked a trip to Disney November 19th-26th 2011 at the Wilderness Villas (2-bedroom). We received a PIN just today...YAYAYAY! :banana:.

My TA is currently on the Disney Dream Cruise so I called Disney myself to find out what I was entitled to. They wouldn't give me all of the details but said we were blacked out for all days but one. We were eligible for 40% off ONE DAY. Wahhh.

Do they ever LIFT the black out dates??? :confused: Has anyone experienced a black out? If so, are there other promotions that you know of during this time period that may be more worth our while if we are offered it? Anyone also in the same boat? Love to hear from you!!!!

Lurker but first time poster here!!

We've booked a trip to Disney November 19th-26th 2011 at the Wilderness Villas (2-bedroom). We received a PIN just today...YAYAYAY! :banana:.

My TA is currently on the Disney Dream Cruise so I called Disney myself to find out what I was entitled to. They wouldn't give me all of the details but said we were blacked out for all days but one. We were eligible for 40% off ONE DAY. Wahhh.

Do they ever LIFT the black out dates??? :confused: Has anyone experienced a black out? If so, are there other promotions that you know of during this time period that may be more worth our while if we are offered it? Anyone also in the same boat? Love to hear from you!!!!

Major Holidays like Thanksgiving are always blacked out when it comes to % off room discounts, pin # or public offer.
I do believe in 2010 FD was offered in Nov with cutoff before Thanksgiving week but as long as you check in on the last day of the FD promo or before it will extend thru your vacation up to a total of 14 days.

I was wondering about the codes, pin codes, etc. You did an excellent job of explaining these. Much appreciated.

Major Holidays like Thanksgiving are always blacked out when it comes to % off room discounts, pin # or public offer.
I do believe in 2010 FD was offered in Nov with cutoff before Thanksgiving week but as long as you check in on the last day of the FD promo or before it will extend thru your vacation up to a total of 14 days.

Wonderful, thank you so much for the clarification!

I was wondering about the codes, pin codes, etc. You did an excellent job of explaining these. Much appreciated.

Agreed! Newbie learning this as well.

Another boardie got a PIN with these dates and I submitted a thread somewhere else, but not sure i the correct place...so double checking here.

Another boardie got this: cut and pasted

"Special Resort Offer
Save on a stay at select
Walt Disney World® Resort hotels

Save up to 35%*
at Disney Value Resorts and
Disney Moderate Resorts

Save up to 40%*
at Disney Deluxe Resorts and
Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts

For stays most nights:
2/27-3/5/11, 5/8-5/27/11, 5/31-6/4/11, 8/21-10/8/11, 10/23-10/29/11, 11/13-11/19/11, 11/27-12/3/11, 12/11-12/24/11. "

If our October travel dates are not in there, is does anyone know if there is reason to hope our dates may be in there? (10/15-10-22)

TIA!

Can somebody please confirm my understanding of the various discount types and how they can be used? I've been to DL once but have never been to WDW and this is a whole new and confusing world for me! We're planning a trip for fall 2012 (we are having a Disney wedding) and I know it's a long time away but I like to be organised early! We will definitely be staying in a Disney resort, most likely one of the Port Orleans, and possibly a Deluxe for a few nights around the actual wedding. So what I'm wondering is:

1. We will get APs with the wedding package (since they are free I'm not really fussed if we have to buy park tickets as well to be eligible for certain discounts). If we use our APs and don't buy park tickets does this mean we are not eligible to purchase a dining plan? I know AP holders get a discount on Tables of Wonderland passes, but I don't think we would really benefit from buying one.. the dining plans on the other hand sound great.

2. If free dining is offered, it is my understanding that it can't be used in combination with any other discount (e.g. room discounts). Is that correct?

3. Can you receive free dining if you have an AP or do you need actual park tickets?

4. Is my best chance of getting a PIN code to somehow give WDW my email address? Unfortunately because I live in Australia they won't post me a planning DVD so I can't give my details that way. Is there some kind of newsletter I can sign up to or something?

5. I know that nobody knows for sure when free dining will be offered, or who will get a PIN, but in the past has it been offered in early November (before Thanksgiving)? And if so; was it to the general public or only the lucky people to receive PINs?

Thank you SO much for your help! :thumbsup2

1. We will get APs with the wedding package (since they are free I'm not really fussed if we have to buy park tickets as well to be eligible for certain discounts). If we use our APs and don't buy park tickets does this mean we are not eligible to purchase a dining plan? I know AP holders get a discount on Tables of Wonderland passes, but I don't think we would really benefit from buying one.. the dining plans on the other hand sound great.

Typically there is a "paid" dining offer for those who hold Annual Passes. Ask when you book. (This isn't a discount it's regular price)

2. If free dining is offered, it is my understanding that it can't be used in combination with any other discount (e.g. room discounts). Is that correct?

Correct. Only one discount offer per booking may be used.

3. Can you receive free dining if you have an AP or do you need actual park tickets?

And typically there is no alternate offer for those with AP's for FREE DINING. Free dining requires ticket purchase almost always.

4. Is my best chance of getting a PIN code to somehow give WDW my email address? Unfortunately because I live in Australia they won't post me a planning DVD so I can't give my details that way. Is there some kind of newsletter I can sign up to or something?

Sign up @ Disney.com and do the online vacation planning thing. That will work too.

5. I know that nobody knows for sure when free dining will be offered, or who will get a PIN, but in the past has it been offered in early November (before Thanksgiving)? And if so; was it to the general public or only the lucky people to receive PINs?

I'm going by memory.. but while I know it has been offered in that calendar month before T-Giving once or twice.. I wouldn't count on that. Sometimes they extend past end of October.. but .. no guarantees.

Quick question:
What if I make my reservation now with no discount, then later on receive a PIN but don't realize it...

Will Disney let me know somehow I have an unused PIN (via confirmation of reservation later down the line, or a phone call, even upon check-in, etc.) or will they just apply it on their own if no other discount has been applied yet??? Or nothing at all?

If they frown upon guests calling to ask if a PIN has been attached to a name (or if they won't give the info through the reservation system anymore), how does one truly make sure there's no PIN? Just take a chance and call 45 days out and hope you get someone nice?

Disney is up-to-date on our email and snail mail addresses, but if a PIN comes to my husband who isn't ACTIVELY looking for it... :confused3 Chances are it will never see the light of day.

Thank you!

Quick question:
What if I make my reservation now with no discount, then later on receive a PIN but don't realize it...

Will Disney let me know somehow I have an unused PIN (via confirmation of reservation later down the line, or a phone call, even upon check-in, etc.) or will they just apply it on their own if no other discount has been applied yet??? Or nothing at all?

If they frown upon guests calling to ask if a PIN has been attached to a name (or if they won't give the info through the reservation system anymore), how does one truly make sure there's no PIN? Just take a chance and call 45 days out and hope you get someone nice?

Disney is up-to-date on our email and snail mail addresses, but if a PIN comes to my husband who isn't ACTIVELY looking for it... :confused3 Chances are it will never see the light of day.

Thank you!

I do not think Disney alerts you to the fact that a pin # has been attached to your name. At least I do not recall anyone saying that they have. I usually ask about a pin when I call to make changes , add flights, add room requests.

I had to chuckle a little when you said about your DH getting an email, since I bug mine all the time asking if he has checked his Junk mail folder.
Disney did send him a pin , thank goodness it came snail mail :laughing:

I'm off to sign up and ask for a DVD then since I'm planning for our first trip this fall.

can these PINs/CODEs be entered somewhere online when booking the reservation? Or added to an exisitng reservation online - or do you have to actually call them?

Here's a question I never thought I'd have to ask, but how long do you have until personal PIN codes expire?

See, I got a PIN in my email on Feb 12 and I thought, "Okay, great! Let me get the gang together and see when they want to go." It's taken me until now to get everyone to commit to a date, so I go tonight to get the pin out of my email and see that it says to, "Hurry now and book before Feb 28!"

Does that mean my PIN code is expired and I can no longer use it? And why would they send me a PIN if I've only got a few weeks to act upon it? Yikes!

We're still planning on going, but if the PIN's not valid, we may be staying offsite instead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter