Everything We Know About Free Dining -

So, My Dis BIL wants to go in Sept. They do not have a DIsney Visa. Should they book a room only today for their resort then call back on the 10th and upgrade to the package? Is this possible?

Haven't read the whole thread, but I asked this question before free dining. They said room only package is in a different system so therefore it will have to be cancelled and start new with the packages system. If you book a MYW package,(doesn't have to include dining, but must include room and ticket) then if there are free dining packages available for that resort they just add it to your reservation. If not they say they are sold out at that resort and you find another resort that has packages still available.

Which resorts are offering the free dining? It seems like everyone is booking value and moderate resorts. We are booked at the WL, do you think they'll offer FD? I say 1 post out of many saying that the courtyard view rooms are the only rooms offering the FP at the WL. Is that right?

Which resorts are offering the free dining? It seems like everyone is booking value and moderate resorts. We are booked at the WL, do you think they'll offer FD? I say 1 post out of many saying that the courtyard view rooms are the only rooms offering the FP at the WL. Is that right?

We were booked at WL last year and got free dining. Also, I read that many got free dining at WL but that they they had to take whatever view they could. I did have standard view last year (was upgraded when I arrived :thumbsup2 ). I am currently booked at AKL in a standard view with free dining. :thumbsup2

Does anyone know if the deluxe hotels are included? The list said value, moderates, and Saratoga Springs......any chance poly will have FD?

Does anyone know when they might release any discount codes for December at the Grand Floridian? We have booked our trip but the agent told me that if a discount comes out, I can call and get the discount.

Also - we are staying on the concierge level. Can I call in advance to get them to do anything special or anything we need to know. This is my 2 DD's (4 & 22M) first trip to Disney and I want it to be super special.

Thanks!

Kileybeth-

I don't know if this helps or not, but I had lost my reservation number also, the hazards of making it while I was on vacation.

When I called to change my dates they had to transfer me to a different department as "they couldn't see my reservation on their screen" so I was transferred somewhere and they were easily able to change it.

Hope this helps and you are able to get the resort you want and the dates.

Have fun.

Jo

For the free dining promotion you can upgrade to deluxe dining pkg. for Adult $32 and Child $10 ( My kids are older but I think this was the quote). Here is the difference
Basic dining ~ 1 table service, 1 counter service, 1 snack per person /per day

Deluxe dining ~ 3 credits ( use as you please, you can choose 3 table services or 3 counter services or any combo you choose) and this option also includes appatizers (appatizers are not included in basic dining plan ),1 mug per person, 2 snacks per person.

:scared1: Who can eat that much food!!!:scared1:

Awesome! I have 4 nights and 5 days at Pop over Labor Day for approx 654 bucks including free dining. You can't beat that!!!

do I qualify for free dining if i am staying it a dvc resort. I was told that I dont. I dont understand why I wouldnt. I have not bought our park tickets yet but I have reservations at okw for 5 nights sept 1st through 5th. THANKS

dh went into the hospital, so I was a little late jumping on this and when I called to change my check in date to the 20th (it's the 21st currently through the 27th of Sept) the first CM wasn't any help, just said it was only for those dates. So, after seeing if my air tickets could be moved a day ahead I called back and this time got a really super nice cm who tried changing it and adding in the FD, but she said that the computer told her that the free dining would only be for the 20th, and not for the rest of my stay :(

I hope there's some chance of them extending the dates a whole week lol! Otherwise, I'm going to have a lot of cancelled ADR's.

I would try calling and asking again. If that doesn't work try making a new reservation. Many have reported success with checking in on the last day of FD and they have it for all their days.

do I qualify for free dining if i am staying it a dvc resort.
It depends. In order to qualify for any aspect of a given promotion - in this case, free dining - you need to meet all requirements of that promotion. This means booking a Magic Your Way Package with the same park passes for each person on your reservation.
If you are paying for your stay, you can call 1-407-WDISNEY to change your reservation to the required package.
If you are using points to pay for your trip, no, you do not and can not qualify.

We have already booked with a local travel agent, and were anticipating the free dining codes on the tenth, my agent could not access the codes through American Airlines travel or Fun jet package. Do they release the codes to other travel companies (ie not Disney ) at a later date? or am I getting the run around ??

I was able to get in! Thanks for the advice on cancelling my current reservation and making a new one. I tried to do it online, and it showed up fine until I clicked 'book it' and then it took me back to the beginning.

yay!!

My family! We are only eating twice a day. Breakfast or lunch and then a Signature dinner. We're hitting up 4 Signature restaurants this FD trip: Narcoossees, Jiko, Brown Derby, and Artist Point

We're doing the same thing! Most days it's just 2 meals but we're doing Narcoossee's, Brown Derby and Yachtsman. Trying places we've never tried before and I can't wait!

Our TA called today.... And we were able to get free dining.... YEA:banana:
We were able to rebook through Disney with our TA and still got our same flights, same resort and same hoppers..
Plus Dining FREE....:dance3:
and we got a refund...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter