• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Everything Virtual Queue - Please Read Posts 1 and 2

Any thoughts on how long they'll continue the virtual queuing thing for? I quite like the idea, as long as I'm quick enough!
There was chatter of possibly until TRON opens as possibly VQ couldn't handle more than one VQ at a time but I recently saw a time when there was a VQ for GotG and a second VQ the same day for AP magnets so it appears the system is capable of handling more thank one VQ at a time.

But, at this point the VQ is sticking around for the foreseeable future. how long that is, nobody really knows.

Hoping someone can advise. My DH is going to a conference next week and just found out one evening they will be going to Epcot. He has an AP so he made his own park reservation. Would he be able to purchase an ILL and choose the time of return later in the evening or is it you get what you get for a time? VQ will not work as he will not be there until 6pm.

Hoping someone can advise. My DH is going to a conference next week and just found out one evening they will be going to Epcot. He has an AP so he made his own park reservation. Would he be able to purchase an ILL and choose the time of return later in the evening or is it you get what you get for a time? VQ will not work as he will not be there until 6pm.
He should be able to at 7am since he has both an AP and an Epcot reservation. It's pretty much you get what you get, though they have supposedly been lenient about return times for VQ. Don't know about ILL.

He can choose the time for a paid ILL$.

However, return times for VQ are not being enforced, so if he gets a VQ at 7 AM he can use it whenever he gets there.
This is the first I'm hearing of this. Just got boarding group 113 at the 7 am drop this morning, you're saying we can just walk up and use it whenever???

I haven’t read through the entirety of this thread, so apologies if this has already been covered.

We are staying at a deluxe hotel and have park hopper tickets. Yesterday (Monday) we had reservations at Animal Kingdom. Our plan was to hop to EPCOT for dinner and then stay for Extended Evening Hours. My understanding was that, so long as you have park hoppers (and a deluxe hotel stay) you don’t actually need to have tapped into EPCOT yet in order to join the 6:00 virtual queue.

But at 5:30, I went to the virtual queue page on the MDE app to confirm my party and it said that we were not eligible since we did not have park reservations for EPCOT that day. We raced over to EPCOT ASAP, and tapped in just before 6:00. As soon as we did so, the system recognized us as eligible for the virtual queue.

(I joined at precisely 6:00:00 and was given a boarding group with an expected call back time of 10:57. The boarding groups must have sold out in less than 2 seconds!)

Just wanted to let people know about my experience, since everything I had read had led me to believe that I didn’t need to be in EPCOT in order to join the queue.

I hope someone comes along who can explain the above as I Was under the same impression? Perhaps it just needed to be 6:00 to join the queue if you have a hopper and you do not need to be tapped into the park?

I suppose that it’s possible that I would have been allowed in the queue even though it was saying that I wasn’t eligible when I tried to confirm my party. But it seems very unlikely. That’s why we rushed over to the park.

I haven’t read through the entirety of this thread, so apologies if this has already been covered.

We are staying at a deluxe hotel and have park hopper tickets. Yesterday (Monday) we had reservations at Animal Kingdom. Our plan was to hop to EPCOT for dinner and then stay for Extended Evening Hours. My understanding was that, so long as you have park hoppers (and a deluxe hotel stay) you don’t actually need to have tapped into EPCOT yet in order to join the 6:00 virtual queue.

But at 5:30, I went to the virtual queue page on the MDE app to confirm my party and it said that we were not eligible since we did not have park reservations for EPCOT that day. We raced over to EPCOT ASAP, and tapped in just before 6:00. As soon as we did so, the system recognized us as eligible for the virtual queue.

(I joined at precisely 6:00:00 and was given a boarding group with an expected call back time of 10:57. The boarding groups must have sold out in less than 2 seconds!)

Just wanted to let people know about my experience, since everything I had read had led me to believe that I didn’t need to be in EPCOT in order to join the queue.
It positively wasn't the case. It's always possible they've changed something.
However, it's also equally possible you encountered a one off glitch.
Until others report similar experience as you encountered it's really impossible to say

So, once your BG is called you have to make your way over to the ride and get in line? How long would you then have to wait in line to ride?
The average for us was 30 minutes from entering the ride from outside until you sit on the coaster train. It is very cold and refreshing on the inside and there is a video in the cue to keep you entertained, then you go into a couple of rooms with video/plots etc. Be prepared to stand for about 30 minutes before you board. We did this 4th of July week.

Do you have to have purchased Genie + to get a BG or anyone with a park reservation can get it, if their lucky?

Do you have to have purchased Genie + to get a BG or anyone with a park reservation can get it, if their lucky?
You do not need to buy Genie+ to get a boarding group for Guardians. Anyone who has a park reservation for Epcot can try for the 7:00 a.m. boarding groups. Anyone who has already entered Epcot that day can try for the 1:00 p.m. boarding groups. Anyone staying at a qualifying hotel who can enter Epcot for Extended Evening hours that night can try for the 6:00 p.m. boarding groups.

Is the wait using a BG during EEH comparable to the wait using a BG during the regular park hours? I was hoping maybe it was quicker because my youngest DD is too short to ride and ideally didn’t want to spend all of EEH using rider swap for one ride.

Is the wait using a BG during EEH comparable to the wait using a BG during the regular park hours? I was hoping maybe it was quicker because my youngest DD is too short to ride and ideally didn’t want to spend all of EEH using rider swap for one ride.
It was about the same when we rode. Provided there hadn't been any down time that is. If there was down time then the wait during regular hours has been longer, or if there's been issues with the preshow areas. Both of those are rather rare, all things considered though. It is a time suck during EEH. If I had to do it with Rider Swap honestly not sure I'd try during EEH unless it was the only chance I had to ride. Or, I had other chances to ride the remaining rides.

Here are my notes from DEEH 7/11: at 6:00 PM, got VQ 210, estimated return at 9:50, called at 9:15, tapped in at 9:16, launched 9:43, off 9:46. So about 30 minutes in line, roughly the same as for our ILL$ and VQ the day before.

Here are my notes from DEEH 7/11: at 6:00 PM, got VQ 210, estimated return at 9:50, called at 9:15, tapped in at 9:16, launched 9:43, off 9:46. So about 30 minutes in line, roughly the same as for our ILL$ and VQ the day before.
That was pretty much a mirror to our experience. Got called right as Harmonious ended, took about 15 min to walk over there, about 30 min to get through. If you add a ride swap that's another 30 min. So you'd use an hour or so of EEH for it. If we do it again, I'd opt to do Guardians in the last 15 min instead of at the start. In our case, it worked out, the only other ride DGD wanted to get in was Soarin' and we had time for it. If it had been DH and I alone we wanted to do MS and TT too.

If you have park hopper and your first park isn't Epcot, can you still purchase ILL for Guardians on that day?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter