Everything Virtual Queue - Please Read Posts 1 and 2

Sorry for not clarifying. We'd be trying for Guardians since we're definitely hopping into Epcot.

Thanks for the info. That's very helpful. If we do get one, I'll be sure to remind everyone there's a chance we might be turned away.

Out of curiosity, how long was your wait in line once you tapped in? My experience with Guardians has been less than 30 minutes each time, but the last time I got a Tron one the wait was about an hour.
You will be just fine arriving late for your Guardians VQ. There has not been a single report of anyone being turned away from a Guardians VQ once their group has been called. We have hundreds of reports of this. Your Guardians VQ is good from the time it is called until park close.

I got a question. . . now that people can be in say AK at rope drop but make a VC for say Tron due to not needing a park res if they have a package or date based ticket, do you all think VC's are not filling up as fast and when I say not as fast I mean not in like 3 seconds. I have friends down there this week and they were saying some VC's at & were still open at the 30 plus sec mark for both rides. Maybe trying to get a higher number group so waiting a second or 2 so they can rope drop in one park but then still get over for the VC with a later BG?

opinions. . .

I got a question. . . now that people can be in say AK at rope drop but make a VC for say Tron due to not needing a park res if they have a package or date based ticket, do you all think VC's are not filling up as fast and when I say not as fast I mean not in like 3 seconds. I have friends down there this week and they were saying some VC's at & were still open at the 30 plus sec mark for both rides. Maybe trying to get a higher number group so waiting a second or 2 so they can rope drop in one park but then still get over for the VC with a later BG?

opinions. . .

Not sure about this week, but last week from what I heard didn’t seem like that was the case. We got a vq every time we tried so not sure how long they really lasted. We used world clock. Had a friend there who didn’t the first day, but using the world clock subsequent days got it. Also over heard people talking in the parks on a couple of occasions of not being able to get it right when the clock changed to 7. This was all second hand though, we had no issues.

I think there is a site out there that shows how long they last. Someone else may be able to link to that.

opinions. . .
Don't read too much into people's experiences this week. So, far, it has been a week for low crowd levels. Wdwpassport.com called Monday's overall crowd level a 2 (out of 10) with 2's at MK. AK and HS. I think the general consensus has been that the ending of park reservations for most tickets has meant that the 7:00 VQ disappears faster, not slower, than previously.

Oh well. It is what it is. Like I always say. We go and what happens happens. Sometime we r suprised other times not. It is what it is but ain’t no way they will ever get me for genie or ills. We there every few months so what doesn’t get done will next trip. Kids really like to go on guardians multiply times. Tron we can take it or leave it. At night it is pretty sweet though.

My 15YO has her own account on MDE. I wanted to confirm that she will be able to get VQ for our family through her account (she is linked to each of us in family & friends). I know she can't buy Genie+ if she is under 18 but wasn't sure about getting VQ (since it doesn't require payment). I *think* she did this on our trip last year but I'm not sure. It would be helpful for her to be able to do the VQ while I try for Genie+ LL or ILLs.

My 15YO has her own account on MDE. I wanted to confirm that she will be able to get VQ for our family through her account (she is linked to each of us in family & friends). I know she can't buy Genie+ if she is under 18 but wasn't sure about getting VQ (since it doesn't require payment). I *think* she did this on our trip last year but I'm not sure. It would be helpful for her to be able to do the VQ while I try for Genie+ LL or ILLs.
My daughter 16 and son 13 were both able to book VQ no problem on our trip last month

Stupid question but just so I don’t mess up. I’m tapped in at Epcot Thursday morning for my Epcot park day. We are leaving for lunch at steakhouse 71 at 1 pm. I can do the guardians vc while at lunch since I was already tapped in right? I don’t have to physically be in the park. I just need to have tapped in.

Stupid question but just so I don’t mess up. I’m tapped in at Epcot Thursday morning for my Epcot park day. We are leaving for lunch at steakhouse 71 at 1 pm. I can do the guardians vc while at lunch since I was already tapped in right? I don’t have to physically be in the park. I just need to have tapped in.
Correct

Ok last one. For the 6pm extra hours at Epcot tonight.

We are ap so had a reservation for MK today. We r in MK now. Do we need to tap into Epcot to do the 6pm one? I read the first post a few times about the 6 pm bit still not sure.

Ok last one. For the 6pm extra hours at Epcot tonight.

We are ap so had a reservation for MK today. We r in MK now. Do we need to tap into Epcot to do the 6pm one? I read the first post a few times about the 6 pm bit still not sure.
No. As long as you are eligible for EEH you can try for a VQ at 6PM even if you have not tapped into Epcot.

No. As long as you are eligible for EEH you can try for a VQ at 6PM even if you have not tapped into Epcot.
Thanks a lot. I appreciate it. I read it over and over and figured it was that but then started to second guess myself.

We got a 1 pm guardians last night for after dinner. So that was a nice treat. We ran over to Epcot from AK. Tapped in at literally 1259. Grabbed them and headed back to hotel to shower and rest up.

So I have boarding group 165 Guardians for tonight's EEH. It will be called after 9 pm, correct? They are currently on BG 129. Not sure how likely we'll be called.

So I have boarding group 165 Guardians for tonight's EEH. It will be called after 9 pm, correct? They are currently on BG 129. Not sure how likely we'll be called.
There is no guarantee if or when a VQ will be called. It could be called earlier than 9PM or not at all.

Similar to being in line for an attraction, it’s not a guarantee that a guest will ride.

So yesterday and today got TRON VQ at 1:00. Both yesterday and today, the app is not showing an estimated wait time. Just what groups are currently boarding and a progress bar. Is that usual? I thought they gave an estimated wait time for the group to be called.

So yesterday and today got TRON VQ at 1:00. Both yesterday and today, the app is not showing an estimated wait time. Just what groups are currently boarding and a progress bar. Is that usual? I thought they gave an estimated wait time for the group to be called.
When we were there a few weeks ago it never told us an estimated time for Tron. Guardians it did though.We got 2 Tron and 5 Guardians during our week. This was our first time using VQ so wasn’t sure if that was the norm or not.

We were there in March 2024. We were able to get on the Virtual Cue from our hotel at 7AM. We got on the ride in the late afternoon. With Extra Magic Hours we were able to get on the 6PM virtual cue and ride again around 10:30PM. Twice in a day is nice. The virtual cue worked pretty good.

I have read the update and thought I understood for our Feb trip but believe I did not so looking to verify for our next trip.

If you're an AP holder and it's not a "good to go" day then you can only try for the morning VQ in the park you have the reservation for? Is that correct?
Date based tickets can try for either Tron or Guaradians though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter